PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission 2023-24: It is a PG diploma-level course. The duration of this course is 01 year. This is divided semester-wise. The Bioinformatics department is an interdisciplinary science branch. Bioinformatics’ function is to create new and valuable things for understanding biological data, including software and tools. It is a highly skilled profession in modern times. Bioinformatics students complete their creations with the help of engineering, statistics, math, and science.
Admission is very competitive. Many universities offer admission to PG Diploma in Bioinformatics program.
The Bioinformatics department is an interdisciplinary science branch. Bioinformatics’ function is to create new and valuable things for understanding biological data, including software and tools. It is a highly skilled profession in modern times. Bioinformatics students complete their creations with the help of engineering, statistics, math, and science.
- PG Diploma in Bioinformatics has been started at Ganpat University for the 2023 academic year. Apply here
Diploma Bioinformatics Highlights
|Course Name||PG Diploma in Bioinformatics|
|Eligibility||Qualifying B.Sc. degree in Life Sciences or completing a specialization in either subject of Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Statistics with a minimum aggregate percentage|
|Admission process||Merit List|
|Course Fee||Up to INR 9,000 to 33,000|
|Average Salary||Approx. Up to INR 2 to 20 Lacs per annum|
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission 2023-24
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission aspiring students to participate in the bioinformatics study program, Certificates of your former educational institution, identity documents, and other necessary documents by visiting the official website. You can participate in the program by registering yourself. The required documents for each diploma should be separate. Also, the institute’s official website’s requirement is the types of admissions based on merit or entrance tests.
This field has a variety of job opportunities for eligible candidates. For the decryption of DNA codes, studying the genomic field, medical sequencing of proteomics, and the treatments of ailments, Bioinformatics is widely used. This study course involves the fundamentals of future research works and seminars.
Students are trained by the comprehensive study of information technology, biology, and statistics, which will help be applied in advanced bioinformatics. This course is a chance for students who want to learn skills related to data programming, biomedical research, agriculture, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission needs eligibility of having a BSc degree in life science or a related stream.
- Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Genetics, Mathematics/Statistics, Microbiology, and physics should be the main subject taught in BSc.
- The academic fee of this course is from 9000 to 33000 INR.
Bioinformatics is the field that implies different processes in various specializations, the methods understood by the combined study of Information Technology and Biology. This field has maximum applications in biology and medicine streams. Candidates can polish their skills, such as evaluating data, computer handling, communication, and analytical reasoning, by availing of this course’s opportunity.
The Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and the School of Computing Science collaborate to offer this program, providing advanced bioinformatics education to students with a diploma degree in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, or mathematics-related disciplines.
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission Eligibility
- To get admission to the PG Diploma in Bioinformatics admission a student must have a bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science/Medicine/Technology.
- BSc, BDS, BE, BTech, BPharma, MBBS, BVSc, and BAMS are such courses that make a student eligible to apply for a PG diploma in bioinformatics.
- The selection of a candidate will be done based on merit/entry tests depending on the university/college.
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission Fee Structure
The fees for each institution are different from other institutions. The cost of each diploma is also additional from other diplomas. Estimated prices are quoted here.
- The average annual Fee for the Post Graduate Bioinformatics diploma is INR 9,000 to 33,000 per Year.
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission Syllabus
|Biostatistics and Basic Mathematics||Introduction to Database and Programming|
|Modern Biology and Basic Bioinformatics||Genomics, Proteomics, and Structural Biology|
|Computer Application and Fundamentals of Programming||Practical|
|Practical||Project and Dissertation work|
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission Description
The details of the diploma are mentioned below from the beginning to the end.
- Bioinformatics Various Diploma.
- Require the Education qualification for Bioinformatics Courses.
- Academic duration for bioinformatics.
- Bioinformatics Syllabus & Exams.
- Bioinformatics Fees.
- Bioinformatics Certifications.
- Bioinformatics Career Overview.
- Bioinformatics Scope, Job, Salary, and Employment Areas.
Why Study PG Diploma in Bioinformatics?
In modern times, with changing circumstances and times. Our difficulties and complications are increasing day by day. As the environment changes, so do our necessities of life, so we need new inventions. It is essential to study bioinformatics to put these inventions into practice.
For example, bioinformatics examines all stages of the disease from diagnosis. We are involved in bioinformatics at every stage of daily life (molecule, topology, environment, agriculture, and bioscience). Therefore, it is necessary to study bioinformatics.
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission in India
There is a large number of institutions/colleges/universities situated in India that offer PG Diploma in Bioinformatics admission to eligible candidates. Some popular Universities/Institution’s names are mentioned below:-
Remember: The list is given below including Non- Government and Government universities that provide admission in multiple categories of diplomas in different fields. In order to enroll in any university candidates have complete the required criteria.
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS Chennai), Chennai
- Vels Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies (VELS University), Chennai
- Jaipur National University (JNU), Jaipur
- Shiv Nadar University (SNU), Gautam Buddha Nagar
- M.E.S. AbasahebGarware College (MESAGC), Pune
- Birla Institute of Technology (BIT MESRA), Ranchi
- UIET, CSJM UNIVERSITY (UIET), Kanpur
- Deogiri College Aurangabad (DEOGIRI COLLEGE AURANGABAD), Aurangabad
- M G Science Institute (MGSI), Ahmedabad
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- Royal School of Management & Technology (RSMT), Bhubaneswar
- CMS College of Science and Commerce (CMS CSC), Coimbatore
Career Overview: Scope of PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Admission
Each student’s job career and salary vary according to academic qualifications and diplomas. Bioinformatics students can be reprimanded by looking at their qualifications in industrial institutes, technical institutes, medical institutes, and research institutes. After becoming certified in bioinformatics, you can serve as a medical teacher, scientific researcher, biotech engineer, famous I.T engineer, etc.
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Jobs & Employment Positions
The following are the positions that bioinformatics students can pursue after obtaining a degree in bioinformatics.
- Science Technician
- Content Editor
- Database Programmer
- Computational Biologist
- Network Administrator
- Research Scientist
- Software Developer
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics Salary Offered
The offering salary average amount ranges from 2 lacs to 20 lacs INR per year. Bioinformatics’s famous sectors are Biomedical Sciences, Agricultural Sector, Biotechnology, and Pharmaceutical.
NOTE: Salary increases are likely to be based on educational qualifications and experiences.
Types of Bioinformatics Courses
There are different types of bioinformatics courses in terms of academic qualifications. There are several types of bioinformatics courses, and they are:
- B.Sc in Bioinformatics
- B.Tech in Bioinformatics
- B.Sc (Hons.) in Bioinformatics
- BE in Bioinformatics
- M.Sc. in Bioinformatics
- M.Tech in Bioinformatics
- M.Sc. (Hons.) in Bioinformatics
- MS in Bioinformatics
- ME in Bioinformatics
Certificate, Diploma & PG Diploma Courses in Bioinformatics
- Certificate in Bioinformatics
- Advanced Diploma in Bioinformatics
- P.G. Diploma in Bioinformatics
- PhD in Bioinformatics.
Remember: Depending on the type of bioinformatics diploma, academic qualifications of each diploma, duration, the institution of study, employment position, and salary may also vary.