MSc Zoology Admission 2023: The MSc Zoology program is a two-year postgraduate study broken into four semesters. It covered animal behavior, anatomy, and habits. This program requires a bachelor’s degree in Medical/ Allied/ Bio-sciences or Life Sciences specialization from a recognized university with a 50% grade. This program’s admission is based on test scores/merit/direct or indirect. The admissions process depends on the college/ university selection.
- Full-Form: Master of Science in Zoology
- Eligibility: bachelor’s degree in Medical/ Allied/ Bio-sciences or Life Sciences specialization with a 50% grade from a recognized university.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Fee: Approx fee ranges from INR 13,550 to INR 82,250 per year.
- Career-Wise: Continue education at the Ph.D. level or work as a Zoologist, Zoo Officer, Lecturer, and Research Associate.
- Salary: Their average starting salary will be around 3 lacs per annum.
- TNOU MSc Zoology Admission is open for 2023 academic session.
- Uttarakhand Open University registration is open for MSc Zoology Admission. Students can apply till 31 March 2023.
- PSSOU Admission is open for the MSc Zoology course. The last date to apply is 28 February 2023.
Universities offer this program every year as part of their academic programs. Students pursuing the MSC Zoology degree can work in a variety of settings, including zoos, national parks, food parks, colleges and universities, as well as plant research centers. The MSc in Zoology degree can prepare you for a variety of careers such as professor, researcher, zookeeper, wildlife educator, etc. Depending on the level of competence and talent of the candidate, the starting pay can range from INR 2 to 5 lakhs per annum.
MSc Zoology Admission Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Zoology|
|Admission Process||UPTU-SEE, MP PET, etc|
|Full-Form||Masters of Science in Zoology|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 02 Lakh to 05 LPA|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 20,000/- to INR 1,20,000/-|
|Eligibility||10+2 with science subjects|
MSc Zoology Admission 2023
- MSc Zoology is two year PG course that focuses on the study of animals. Many universities and colleges offer MSc Zoology admission in India.
- Anatomy, entomology, evolution, naming, habits, and distribution of living and extinct animals are studied in zoology, a branch of biology. Students learn about biodiversity and animal anatomy as part of this curriculum.
- The MSc Zoology syllabus contains Ecological theories, Tissue Structure, Parasites, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, taxonomy, Cell, Receptor Biology, etc.
- M.Phil and Ph.D. in Zoology are higher studies after completing MSc in Zoology.
Eligibility Criteria & Entrance Exams for MSc Zoology Admission
Students are required to follow the eligibility criteria which the universities set. Below, we have mentioned the general eligibility criteria for the MSc Zoology Admission.
- To be eligible for MSc Zoology Admission, students must hold a BSc degree in Zoology or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university.
- Some universities offered admission in this course on a merit basis, but some universities offered admission via an entrance examination.
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for PhD
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for Integrated M.Sc.
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- HBNI M.Sc. and DMRIT Admission Test (HBNI CAT)
MSc Zoology Admission Process
Top universities that offer MSc Zoology admit students based on their academic records or entrance examination results. The entrance exam dates are announced much earlier. Applying for MSc Zoology admission involves the following steps.
- Visit the institute’s website to see the entrance examination notice. The institutes will announce registration dates in advance.
- Register for and take the examination. Look for the syllabus and, if available, past papers. The final examination will be more successful if you practice timely.
- Candidates are invited to interview if they pass the examination and score above the minimum cut-off.
- Attend your interview. Interviews are usually conducted with the institute or college’s department heads.
- Candidates who have passed the personal interview round will be given an admission offer letter. To reserve their seat in the program, they must pay the admission fee within the time frame specified.
- The aspirants must get a bachelor’s degree in zoology with at least 50% marks. The degree must obtain from any reputable university in India.
MSc Zoology Admission: Fее Structure
- Average fees for M.Sc Zoology range between INR 20,000 to INR 1.20 lakh per year. The fee for the course does not remain the same every year. Many universities revise their fee structures. Students can check the official website of a particular university.
- The average initial salary offered to zoologists is between INR 02 Lakh to 05 LPA. After gaining good experience, candidates can get appraisals, promotions, salary increments and other facilities in the same organization. They can also switch jobs for more expansion.
- National Parks, Educational Institutes, Agriculture Sectors, Food parks, Animal Research centers, etc
After completing an MSc in Zoology, students have a different option. We have listed some of the most popular jobs below.
Zookeeper, Teacher, Wildlife guard, Journalist, Zoology Professor, Wildlife educator, Semenologist, Research Scientist, etc.
Types of Cоurѕе
- Full Time: M.Sc Zoology is a full-time, Four-semester PG course.
- Part-Time/Online: This program is also offered in online and distance modes.
MSc Zoology Admission: Syllabus
This two-year program consists of four semesters and is designed to be completed in two years. There are a number of MSc Zoology courses included in this two-year program. Students who study the MSc Zoology program will be provided with a theoretical as well as practical understanding of the subject matter. Throughout the MSc Zoology program, students’ learning outcomes are measured by an examination that is administered each year to measure their progress. There are a number of MSc Zoology syllabuses that are available for most colleges, below is a list of them:
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Structure and Functions of Non-chordates||Structure and Functions of Chordates||Taxonomy and Biodiversity||Conservation Biology and Wildlife|
|Genetics and Genetic Engineering||Endocrinology and Neuroscience||Development and Differentiation||Biotechnology and Applications|
|Parasites and Immunity||Biochemistry and Molecular biology||Elective I Theory||Elective II Theory|
|Ecological theories and applications||Comparative Animal Physiology||Evolution and Animal Behaviour||Seminar and Dissertation or Review|
|Tissue structure Function and Chemistry||Cell and Receptor Biology||Laboratory course||Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Instrumentation|
|Laboratory course||Laboratory course||Elective I Practical||Laboratory course (1 module)|
|–||Elective II Practical|
Top MSc Zoology colleges in Delhi;
There are several colleges in Delhi, but some top Colleges have good learning environments for MSc zoology. The names of those colleges are given below:
- AIIMS Delhi
- Hindu College
- Miranda House
- Hansraj College
- Kirorimal College
Disclaimer: All the dates are tentative and the information mentioned above is only for general information purposes. visit the official site to know more.