MSc Statistics Admission 2023: MSc PG level course with 2 years of duration. In this course, students get knowledge about the interpretation, collection, and organization of data/information. Master’s in Statistics Admission will be based on entrance or merit. All Universities have their eligibility for MSc specialisation. Generally, students have to graduate through the recognized board.
MSc statics admission is completely based on merit/entrance test. It is depended on the university in which you want to register. A BSc in statics or an equivalent degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks is required to make you eligible for admission.
An applicant who completes the MSc Statistics course will pursue further studies. M.Phil and PhD in statistics are higher studies after completion of this course.
- Admission windows of the universities will open very soon for the upcoming session.
- MSc programme admission has been announced at MANAV Rachna University and the last date for application submission is 30 April 2023.
- Lovely Professional University admission has started for the Master of Science in Statistics. Students can apply before 30th April 2023.
MSc Statistics Admission 2023 Highlights
|Course Name||M.Sc Statistics|
|Admission Process||Both Merit and Entrance Based|
|Full-Form of MSc Statistics||Master of Science in Statistics|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3,00,000 to INR 7,00,000|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 5,000 to INR 65,000|
|Eligibility||BSc Statistics with a minimum of 50% marks|
What is M.Sc. Statistics?
Data interpretation and analysis are the main focuses of this advanced program. Mathematical, statistical, numerical, and data mining topics will be covered in this course. Postgraduate courses in statistics include a Master of Science in Statistics or MSc Statistics degree. This field involves the collection, organization, and interpretation of data. This course addresses all aspects of the design of surveys and experiments.
MSc Statistics Admission 2023-24
M.Sc. Statistics is a professional degree course that takes two years to complete. Every university will begin accepting applications for the master of science in statics program. Admission will be based on merit and entrance exam for 2023 academic session. Students interested in applying for this MSc specialization course can check the official university portal for regular updates. On the official websites of universities, students can also check their eligibility criteria.
Eligibility for MSc Statistics Admission
- The primary prerequisite for admission in this course is a BSc in Statistics with a minimum of 50%.
- BSc Mathematics and Economics students can also apply for this MSc Program of statistics.
- The majority of MSc Statistics students are admitted into the institute’s Entrance Exams.
- CSIR NET and BHU PET are the top entrance exams of this course.
Fее Structure of MSc Statistics Admission
The average tuition fee charged for M.Sc Statistics is INR 05K to 65K per annum.
MSc Statistics Admission Entrance Exams
- IBAB Entrance Test (M.Sc)
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for PhD
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for Integrated M.Sc
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
In India, a qualified MSc Statistics professional may expect to earn anything from INR 3 Lac to INR 7 Lac on a yearly basis in total salary. If one is successful in their work over the course of their career, they may be eligible for a pay increase of between 30% to 40% of their basic wage. Alternatively, one may join a competing company in the hope of obtaining more pay and better promotion opportunities.
Manufacturing Sectors, Pharma companies, Educational Institutes, Market research Companies, Banking sectors, etc
Statistician, Online Tutor, teacher, Market Analyst, Airtmetician, etc.
Types of Cоurѕеs
- Full Time: M.Sc in Statistics course is offered in full-time mode
- Part-Time/Online: Also offered in part-time/ online learning mode.
MSc Statistics Admission Syllabus
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Distribution Theory||Inference I|
|Distribution Theory (Practical)||Inference I (Practical)|
|Measure Theory and Probability||Linear Models and Regression Analysis|
|Matrix Algebra and Numerical Analysis (Practical)||Linear Models and Regression Analysis (Practical)|
|Computer Programming (Practical)||Sample Surveys|
|Ancillary Mathematics||Sample Surveys (Practical)|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Inference II||Multivariate Analysis|
|Design of Experiments||Econometrics and Economic Statistics|
|Time Series Analysis||Environmental Statistics|
|Inference II (Practical)||–|
|Design of Experiments (Practical)||–|
|Time Series Analysis (Practical)||–|