MSc Physics Admission 2023: The Master of Science in Physics is a two-year master’s degree program split into 4 semesters. A bachelor’s degree (BSc Physics Hons.) from any recognized university with a 50% grade is the basic eligibility criterion for this program. Admission to this program is determined by an entrance exam score/merit/direct or indirect. The admissions process varies from college to college.
The University admits students to this program on an annual basis. This program’s syllabus includes ten distinct areas of physics, such as nuclear physics, quantum mechanics, optics, and astrophysics. This program is available at Fergusson College, Hindu College, Ramjas College, Hansraj College, and other universities. Starting pay ranges from INR 2 to 10 LPA depending on experience and skill.
- Those students who have their bachelor’s degree in science with PCM with minimum of 55% marks can apply for this MSc Physics course.
- MSC Admissions will be based on merit or entrance exam for the 2023 session.
The Masters of Science course fee is differ according to the universities. The average MSc physics fee is Rs 20,000 to Rs 50,000 per annum.
MSc Physics Admission: Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Physics|
|Full-Form of MSc Physics||Master of Science in Physics|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test or Merit Basis|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5 to 6 Lacs per Annum|
|Average Fees Incurred||Rs. 20,000 to 50K per annum|
|Eligibility||BSc with Physics|
MSc Physics Admission 2023-24
Generally, Universities and institutes offer master of science physics programs. A candidate’s graduation performance, particularly in the sciences, and their entrance exam scores both contribute to 50% of the admission process. Before applying, students should review the university’s prospectus.
MSc physics is a two-year post-graduate program in physics that focuses on advanced research studies. Admission to this course may be granted on the basis of merit, entrance test score, or distance learning education.
In this specialization course, students learn about Mathematical Physics, Thermodynamics, Mechanics, Electronics, Modern Optics, Nuclear Physics, Electromagnetism etc. PU Chandigarh, JU Gwalior, and AU Cuddalore are the top universities which is offering M.Sc. Physics.
MSc Physics Admission Eligibility
- Applicants for the MSc physics program must have finished their undergraduate studies in physics or a related discipline.
- Graduates with BSc in Physics, BSc, BBA, BA, and other related degrees qualify for this PG program.
- A minimum of 55 percent in UG is expected to fill out the M.Sc. Physics application form.
- This M.Sc Physics program only accepts students once a year.
- DUET, BITSAT, JNUEE, and OUCET are admissions exams for this M.Sc. program.
MSc Physics Fее Structure
A Master’s degree course may have a different tuition fee from one university to another, depending on the institution. The tuition fees for the MSc Physics course vary depending on the course you are studying, and can range from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50K per year.
Additionally, there will be a number of other charges that will be included in the package, in addition to the hostel fees, tuition fees, identification card fees, exam fees and other fees that will be charged as part of the package. On the official website of the university, MSc Physics students can check the fees associated with the program before they enroll in the program.
MSc Physics Merit-Based Admission
Applicants who want to get admission to a master’s degree program must acquire at least 50% marks in a bachelor’s degree.
MSc Physics Entrance Exams
DUET + BITSAT,+ JNUEE, and OUCET are admissions entrance exams for the M.Sc. program in physics.
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for Integrated M.Sc.
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- HBNI M.Sc. and DMRIT Admission Test (HBNI CAT)
- GITAM Science Admissions Test (GSAT)
Salary Offered For MSc Physics
An average salary gain by a Physicist is ranging from INR 5 to 6 LPA. Employment sectors for physics professionals are Educational institutes, Manufacturing Companies, Aerospace, Airports, Defense Sectors, Oil and Gas Sectors, etc.
Job Types After MSc Physics
- Research Associate
- Teacher, Professor,
- Online Physics Tutor
- Physics Lab Asst.
Types of Cоurѕеs
- Full Time: MSc Physics is a full-time Regular Course. It is split into 04 semesters.
- Part-Time/Online: The course is also offered in distance education mode. The course fees paid for distance education are between 12K to 60K per year.
MSc Physics Syllabus
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Mathematical Methods||Nuclear Physics|
|Classical Mechanics||Relativity and Cosmology|
|Quantum Mechanics||Classical Electrodynamics|
|Solid State Physics||Statistical Mechanics|
|Atomic Spectroscopy||Group Theory|
Central University for MSc Physics
Here are some central universities for MSc Physics admission:
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh
- Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh
- Central University of South Bihar
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
- JawaharLal Nehru University
- South Asian University
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Karnataka
Other MSc Specializations with Eligibility & Fee
|MSc Information Technology||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 24000 /Year|
|MSc Mathematics||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9000 – Rs 25000/Year|
|MSc Microbiology||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 26000/Year|
|MSc Biotechnology||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 25000 /Year|
|MSc Environmental Science||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9000 – Rs 24000 /Year|
|MSc Electronics||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 25000/Year|
|MSc Telecommunication||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9500 – Rs 23000/Year|
|MSc Yoga||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 24000 /Year|
|MSc Animation, Game Design & Development||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9000 – Rs 25000 /Year|
|MSc Applied Psychology||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 24000/Year|
|MSc Animation & VFX||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9500 – Rs 23000 /Year|
|MSc Bioinformatics||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 24000 /Year|
|MSc Botany||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9500 – Rs 23000 /Year|
|MSc Costume Design & Fashion & Technology||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 24000 /Year|
|MSc Computer Science||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9000 – Rs 23000 /Year|
|MSc Environmental Science||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 24000/Year|
|MSc Physics||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9200 – Rs 23000/Year|
|MSc Visual Communications||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 10000 – Rs 24000/Year|
|MSc Zoology||Graduation in Relevant Subject||2 Years||Rs 9200 – Rs 23000/Year|