MSc Life Science Admission 2023-24: MSc Life Sciences is a 02-year master’s program in the science field. The study of life sciences, including zoology, bioscience, and living things like plants, animals, and people, is covered in this course. The study also covers several procedures connected to each of these species’ life cycles.
The MSc Life Science program teaches students about understanding scientific research and prepares them. The students of M.Sc Life Science can make their future in medicine, laboratories, health care, educational institutes, etc.
- Full-Form: Master of Science in Life Science.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: BSc degree with minimum 50% marks.
- Entrance Exams: JEST, CEE, NEST, and HBNI CAT are some entrance exams.
- Top Colleges: Techno India University and St. Xavier’s University are popular colleges.
- Average Fee: INR 12,350 to 50,000 per year.
- Salary Offered: INR 02 to 05 lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Areas: Food Processing Companies, Pharmaceuticals Product Life Science, Biotechnology Labs, Science Content Writing, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Food Scientist, Lab Technician, Nutritionist, Immunologist, Research Associate, and many more.
MSc Life Science Admission Highlights
|Course Name||MSc Life Science|
|Full-Form of MSc LS||Masters of Science in Life Science|
|Admission Process||Entrance-Based and may also be followed by an interview.|
|Average Salary Offered||The range between INR 02 to 05 lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 12,350 to 50,000 per year|
|Eligibility||BSc degree with minimum 50% marks|
MSc Life Science Admission 2023-24
Admission to Master of Science Life Sciences is open in various universities & Institutes. New applications to this course are generally allotted after giving the entrance exam. The entrance exam will be scheduled by the university; then, the merit list will be published on their official website.
MSc life science is a two-year master’s degree program entirely concerned with living organisms and their proper growth. The main goal of this course is to provide a promising career in science streams.
The life Science syllabus is Ecology, Plant Diversity, Biophysics, Genetics, Animal Physiology & Diversity, Biostatistics, Immunology, Plant Cells and Tissues, Horticulture, Floriculture, etc.
Eligibility of MSc Life Science Admission
- Having a bachelor’s degree is the essential criterion for admission to MSc Life Science.
- In BSc, each should have strived to secure at least an average of 50% marks.
- Passing the entry test exam of MSc Life Science is required.
- You will get admission after passing any of JNU CEEB, IITJAM, AIIMS-PG, and CUCET.
- These top institutes are St. Xavier’s College, Assam University, Rama Devi Women’s University, etc.
Fее Structure of MSc Life Science Admission
Tuition fees for M.Sc in Life Science course are between INR 4K to 50 per year.
MSc Life Science Admission Entrance Exams
Some universities offer admission based on entrance exams to get admitted to the course.
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for PhD
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for Integrated M.Sc
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- HBNI M.Sc and DMRIT Admission Test (HBNI CAT)
Salary Packages іn Indіа
The professionals of life science can earn up to INR 02 to 05 lakhs per annum(LPA). After completing this course, everyone will work in Laboratories, Science Content Writing, Food Processing Companies, Colleges, Universities, etc.
The positions for which recruitment is done are named Food Scientist, Lab Technician, Nutritionist, Immunologist, Research Associate, and many more.
MSc Life Science Admission Merit-Based
The course can be offered on merit obtained in the last qualified exams.
MSc Life Science Admission Distance Learning
No distance learning program is offered in the relevant course.
Types of Cоurѕе
- Full Time: M.Sc in Life Science is a full-time course.
- Part-Time/Online: Not offered in distance learning mode.
MSc Life Science Admission syllabus
|SEMESTER||SUBJECTS OF STUDY|
|Cell and molecular biology|
|Genetics and molecular evolution|
|Life Science practical l|
|Plant Developmental biology|
|SEM III||Animal Diversity|
|Safety and first aid|
|Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture, and transformation|
|Horticulture, floriculture, and landscaping|
|Economics and Ethnobotany|
|Animal Systematics and molecular Taxonomy|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: How can I do MSc in life science?
Answer: To get admission to MSc life sciences, you have to find the university or college to which you desired to apply. Afterward, You need to check all details related to the admission procedure of that particular institution and fill out the application form. Also, you can check this article to find the best colleges for MSc in life science and all details related to this program.