M.Sc Geography Admission 2023-24: MSc Geography is a 02 years postgraduate degree program. It consists of 04 semesters. This course includes the study of the earth and its surroundings and environment and its effect and relation with humans. This course taught students about the natural environment and geographical thoughts. This course covers the topics like topography, cartography, and Climatology.
- Full-Form: Master of Science in Geography.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: Minimum 50% score at graduation level
- Entrance Exams: CUET PG, NEST, and DUET are the main entrance exams.
- Top Colleges: Madhabdev University and SS Jain College are the main colleges.
- Average Fee: INR 20K to 03 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 30,000 to 50k Per Month
- Top Recruiting Areas: Forestry & Environmental Consultancy, Indian Bureau of Mines, Ministry of Environment & Forest, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Geological Survey of India, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Lecturer, Research fellow, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analyst, Geographer, Cartographer, Marine Geologist, Oceanographer, etc.
M.Sc Geography Admission Highlights
|Course Name||M.Sc Geography|
|Exam mode||Semester system|
|Course Fee||INR 20K to 03 Lakhs|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% score at graduation level|
|Admission Process||entry exam, and On the basis of merit|
|Examination Entrance Text||University entrance|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 30,000 to 50k Per Month|
M.Sc Geography Admission 2023-24
- M.Sc in Geography takes 02 years to complete and is a PG course. Geography is a scientific study related to the various features of the earth.
- These features are the earth’s layers, including lithosphere, hydrosphere, geosphere, biosphere, and atmosphere. MSc Geography offers in-depth information on all processes taking place in these layers and their composition.
- MSc Geography students can learn about different patterns of the climate. In this study, we learn about all the natural disasters such as cyclones, tsunamis, earthquakes, the eruption of volcanoes, and many more. It also tells the highest, lowest, and deepest places of the earth.
- In this MSc course, study subjects are Man and Natural Environment, Climatology, Oceanography, Urban Geography, Disaster Perception, Management, etc.
Eligibility for M.Sc Geography Admission
- Required eligibility is at least 50% or more marks in BSc Geography from a recognized institute.
- The course is higher than in public colleges, such as INR 03 to 10 thousand in publics whereas INR 20 to 50 thousand in private colleges.
- The top institute to study is Presidency College, Queen Mary’s College, KBCNMU Jalgaon, DU Dibrugarh, etc.
- The entrance exam for MSc Geography is JNUEE, BHU PET, LPU-NEST, and DU Entrance Exam.
What is all about M.Sc Geography Admission?
Master of Science in Geography is a two-year post-degree academic course which is consisting of 4 semesters. In this course, it is taught to the students what is the geographical aspect of the environment. Through this course, the students will learn about the secrets of the earth with the help of subjects like Ecology, Environment, and the impact of environmental assessment, Demography, and population policy.
Fee Structure of M.Sc Geography Admission
The fee routine is different for every college in India, depending upon their students and materials, but the base remains the same.
The course fee per annum is kept as a semester-wise system. For the area of M.Sc Geography, it remains to be INR 20K to 03 Lakhs.
Entry Tests for M.Sc Geography Admission
For getting admission to Geography, every institute offers its entrance exam. The applicant must need to appear in that exam to gain access.
The experts in the Geography field are paid highly, but you will get INR 30,000 to 50k Per Month at the start. Employment opportunities in areas such as the Ministry of Earth Science, Petroleum Sector, Geological Survey of India, Coal Industry, and many more.
Famous job roles in these areas are Geographer, Urban & Regional Planner, GIS Analyst, Geoscientist, Cartographer, professor, lecturer, Oceanographer, etc.
M.Sc Geography Admission Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Geographical Thought I||Geographical Thought II|
|Dynamic Geography||Climatology & Oceanography|
|Economic Geography||Principles and Theory of Economic Geography|
|Man and Natural Environment||Man and Natural Environment|
|Quantitative Techniques in Geography||Quantitative Techniques in Geography|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Advanced Geography in India||Geography of Rajasthan|
|Agricultural Geography||Agricultural Geography|
|Disaster Perception and Management||Climatology|
|Urban Geography||Industrial Geography|
|Regional Planning||Fundamentals of Remote Sensing|
|Water Resource and their Management||Water Resource and their Management|
|Research Methodology||Applied Geography|
Prераrаtіоn Tірѕ for M.Sc Geography Admission
Those students who want to get study geography as their M.Sc. must know about their preparation for it. Simply the students can follow this for the best result in the study.
- Syllabus Pattern: The student must know which syllabus the institute gives is more helpful on which they must focus.
- Plan Outline. If the student has outlined in their hand, they can quickly figure out their study routine accordingly. The students must have to figure out the time in which they can study more efficiently.
- Basics Knowledge: the main focus of the student must have to be on basic info about life science. The students should firstly have a strong backdrop and interest in this subject to score well.
Whу Chооѕе M.Sc in Geography?
The study and knowledge are in high demand for this course. There is a bright future for students in the below-given sectors:
- Climate change Analyst
- Emergency management specialist
- Geospatial analyst
- GIS Specialist