MPhil English Literature Admission 2023-24: Master of Philosophy in English literature is 02 years advanced-level postgraduate course. This course is for arts stream students who have an interest in literature, English, and related areas. Students can learn the complexities, difficulties, and research conducted in English literature in this course. Mphil English Literature is a research-based degree. Students studied the variety of literature works and branches related to literature.
The successful graduates of this course can get jobs like; Assistant Professor, Research Associate, Columnist, etc.
- Full-Form: Master of Philosophy in English Literature
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit-based
- Eligibility: Masters in English with 50-55% from a recognized university.
- Average Fee: INR 50,000 – INR 2,00,000
- Salary Offered: INR 2,00,000 – INR 4,00,000(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Areas: Schools, Colleges, publishing houses, News media houses, Coaching Centres, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Research Associate, Subject Matter Expert, Publishing Assistant, Assistant Professor, etc.
Mphil English Literature Admission Highlights
MPhil English Literature
Post Graduate Research
|Admission Process||Entrance Test/Merit|
|Full-Form of Mphil EL||
Master of Philosophy in English Literature
INR 50,000 – INR 2,00,000
INR 2,00,000 – INR 4,00,000(LPA)
Masters in English with 50-55% from a recognized university
Mphil English Literature Admission 2023-24
MPhil in English Literature admission process is via various national/state/university-based entrance exams. It is a research program. It teaches the intricacies and methodologies in the area of English literature. The primary focus of this course is the study of literature and developing a critical view of works of English Literature.
MA in English degree holders can apply for admission to this MPhil course. The percentage of MA needs for about 50-55 percent.
A base to view the social, theme, religious, metaphors, and historical context develop through this program. The subjects involved in this program are historical criticism, Victorian Literature, Marxist theory, literary theory and criticism, Elizabethan plays, sonnets, surrealism, feminist theory, tragic plays, and many more. MPhil English Literature is a PG course but can also pursue as an integrated model with a Ph.D.
Eligibility for Mphil English Literature Admission
- The minimum eligibility required to get admission is to hold a master’s degree in English Literature or a related field of study.
- A candidate must have secured at least 50-55% at the master’s level.
- The average course tuition fee varies in different institutes from 50,000 to 02 lacs Indian Rupees.
- All the universities conduct an entrance exam to give admissions to eligible students. For the same purpose, the University of Rajasthan conducts UNIRAJ MPT.
Fее Structure of Mphil English Literature Admission
- The academic fees charged for M Phil in English Literature course is ranging from INR 50,000 – INR 2,00,000.
- The salary offered to M Phil English Literature is starting from INR 2,00,000 – INR 4,00,000(LPA).
Types of Cоurѕе
- Full Time: MPhil English Literature is a full-time program.
- Part-Time/Online: Distance education offered for M Phil in English Literature. MPhil Course can learn in distance learning mode.
Mphil English Literature Admission Entrance Exams
MPhil English Literature popular entrance exams are:
- Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE)
- Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET)
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
Mphil English Literature Admission Career Options
This stream’s career options are writer, columnist, assistant professor, subject matter expert, and research associate with an average salary of about INR 2,00,000 – INR 4,00,000(LPA).
MPhil English Literature Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Research – Types and Identification of Problems||Literary / Critical Terms|
|Mechanics of Research||Approaches|
|Modes of Writing||Critical Essays|
|Documentation and List of Works Cited||Prescriptive Criticism and Feminism|
|Format of Reporting Empirical Research||General Study|
|Semester III||Semester IV|