MA Statistics Admission 2023-24: MA Statistics is a PG course in the Arts stream. The duration of this program is 02 years. The objective of the program is to create professionals in statistics. The professionals of MA Statistics can get jobs in various sectors like; Statistical Research, Educational Institutes, Consulting Firms, Indian Civil Services, Insurance, etc. Many universities and colleges offer MA Statistics courses program.
- Full-Form: Master of Arts in Statistics.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: Graduate Degree with 50% marks from a recognized university.
- Entrance Exams: TISSNET and RIE CEE are some entrance exams.
- Average Fee: INR 10K to INR 80K per year
- Salary Offered: INR 04 to 06 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Companies: Mastercard, American Express, KPMG, EY, Deloitte, HDFC, Oracle, Wipro, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Assistant Professor, Data Analyst, Risk Analyst, Research Analyst, Enumerator, Data Interpreter, Econometrician, etc.
MA Statistics Admission Highlights
|Course Name||MA Statistics|
|Full-Form of MA Statistics||Master of Arts in Statistics|
|Course Fee||INR 10K to INR 80K per year|
|Average Salary||INR 04 to 06 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Eligibility||Graduate Degree with 50% marks from a recognized university.|
MA Statistics Admission 2023-24
- Admissions to MA Statistics are granted through personal interviews, the merit of UG, and the entrance exam.
- Master of Arts in Statistics, or a 02-year degree program of PG Category is a full-time course.
- Statistics is the science of collecting, arranging, estimating, interpreting, and presenting the information obtained from the collected data.
- It is the science of conducting research and survey to reach a point where suitable reasons can be given as a result.
- MA statistics are designed for students interested in getting the advanced-level studies of this specialization. The methods and techniques of statistics are applicable in almost all fields of study and for working in the government sector and business industries.
- This course aims to train students through Stochastic processes, Bio-statistics, Bayesian Inference, and Distribution theory.
- The statistics course teaches students about data collection science, data analysis, interpretation, and representation of categorical and numerical data.
- Statistics tools can also be used in agriculture to solve plant data-related problems.
- In India, most institutes offer mostly MSc Statistics; however, there are limited colleges that offer MA Statistics.
Eligibility For MA Statistics Admission
- One can get an entry for this course after having a BS Statistics degree from a recognized academic institute.
- A few colleges conduct entrance exams named DUET, AMU Entrance Exam, ISI Admission Test, and BHU-PET.
MA Statistics Admission Fее Structure
The MA in Statistics can be done with average course fees of about INR 10K to INR 80K per year.
Entrance Exams of MA Statistics Admission
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
- North Maharashtra University MA Entrance Exam
- Patna Women’s College BA / B.Sc Entrance Exam
Salary Packages іn Indіа
The salary offered to professionals of MA Statistics is ranging from INR 04 to 06 Lakhs per annum(LPA). One can become a Statistician, Data Analyst, Bio-statistician, Econometrician, Research Analyst, Assistant Professor, Lecturer, Data Interpreter, Risk Analyst, etc.
Statistical Research, Indian Civil Services, Educational Institutes, Data Survey Agencies, and Consulting Firms are some of the most notable and famed employment areas in this field.
Types of Cоurѕе
MA Statistics is a full-time course. It is divided into 04 semesters.
Numerous institutes are offering this course in DL/Part-time mode.
MA Statistics Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Probability Theory||Stochastic Processes|
|Statistical Methodology||Statistical Inference-I|
|Survey Sampling||Design of Experiments|
|Practical –I||Practical –II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Statistical Inference-II||Econometrics and Time Series Analysis|
|Generalized Linear Model||Statistical Quality Control and Reliability|
|Practical –III||Practical –IV|
|Elective Subjects to be selected in Semester III and Semester IV|
|Non- Parametric Inference||Financial Statistics|
|Applied Stochastic Processes||Order Statistics|
|Bayesian Inference||Advanced Survey Sampling Theory|
|Advanced Theory of Experimental Designs||Advanced Statistical Computing and Data mining|
|Data Analysis Using R||Computational Techniques|
|Essentials of Survey Sampling and Experimental Designs||Actuarial Statistics|
|Inferential Techniques||Statistics for Research and Management Studies|
Suggested University for MA Statistics Admission in India
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|The Central University of Punjab Admission||Punjab||Central University|
|Chandigarh University Admission||Punjab||Private University|
|Chitkara University Admission||Punjab||Private University|
|CT University Admission||Punjab||Private University|
|D.A.V University Admission||Punjab||Private University|