MA Mass Communication Admission 2023-24: The Masters in Mass Communication is a 02 years PG course. This course belongs to the media studies field. The course is planned for the development of media and communication. The grads in MA Mass Communication can get a job in different sectors like; Corporate Communication, Universities, Legal Affairs, Press, etc. Universities provide this course in Regular mode as well as in Online Mode.
- Full-Form: Masters of Arts in Mass Communication.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: Graduate Degree with 50% marks from a recognized university.
- Entrance Exams: Entrance-based admissions are AUCET, JMIEEE, IPU-CET, DUET, IIMC entrance exams, and SET.
- Average Fee: INR 50,000 to INR 02 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 03 Lakhs to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Companies: Air India, DLF, Godrej, HCL, HDFC Bank, India Bulls, Maruti Suzuki, NTPC.
- Top Job Profiles: Sound engineer, content writer, public relation officer, floor manager, journalist, director, producer, and radio jockey.
MA Mass Communication Admission Highlights
Master of Arts in Mass Communication
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
Any Graduation Degree / Min 40%
Rs 50,000 to Rs 2,00,000
INR 3 to INR 5 LPA
Journalist/Reporter, Public Relations Specialist, Advertising, Media Planner, Social Media Manager, Broadcast Journalist, Documentary Filmmaker, Media Researcher
MA Mass Communication Admission 2023-24
- The admissions in MA Mass Communication are given through the merit of marks obtained in entrance exams. For admissions, many entrance exams are conducted for candidates.
- The course comprises various subjects such as communication research, media development, communication development, communication interactive, the law of media and ethics, etc. Some of the reputed colleges also provide the option of studying through Distance learning mode.
- MA Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC) is a PG-level course. The examination type is Semester wise after a period of six months. Thus the duration of this course is 02 years.
- Journalism and Mass Communication is a field that revolves around the knowledge of Mass media and Current affairs and making the ability to deal with the situations. The course of JMC is concerned with the ever-changing concepts of Social and Political issues, daily news, and journalism history.
- The students learn about photography, filmmaking, public relations, event management, and many more by pursuing this course. In this course, students are also trained in skills in editing and writing.
Eligibility For MA Mass Communication Admission
- The admissions are provided to such candidates who have completed graduation with at least 50% marks. Various reputable colleges in India are offering this course.
- The amount that is commonly charged as the tuition fee in Indian colleges is INR 50,000 to INR 02 Lakhs.
- It also includes entrance-based admissions by conducting AUCET, JMIEEE, IPU-CET, DUET, IIMC entrance exams, and SET. Candidates are required to secure a score of more than 50% in these exams.
MA Mass Communication Admission Fееѕ іn Indіа
The MA Mass Communication course annual tuition fees range from INR 50,000 to INR 02 Lakhs.
Entrance Exams of MA Mass Communication Admission
- Arts and Humanities Entrance Examinations
- DU DSE M.A. (Economics) Entrance Test
- Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE)
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
Salary Packages іn Indіа
The starting salary offered to mass communication professionals is ranging from INR 03 Lakhs to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA). In India, the well-known domains in this JMC are news channels, TATA Steel, India Today group, LT finance, and Indian Express.
The prominent job positions are sound engineer, content writer, public relation officer, floor manager, journalist, director, producer, and radio jockey.
Types of Cоurѕе
Nature, of course, is full-time and divided into 04 Semesters.
MA Mass Communication is also offered in DL mode.
MA Mass Communication Admission Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Principles of Mass Communication||Development Communication|
|Development of Media||Communication Research|
|Print Media – I (Reporting and Editing)||Media Management & Media Laws|
|Electronic Media – I (Radio & Television)||International Communication|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Print Media – II (Reporting & Editing)||New Media Applications|
|Electronic Media – II (Radio & Television)||Inter-Cultural Communication|
|Advertising or Ecology and Environment of India||Project (Specialization Paper)|
|Advertising or Ecology and Environment of India||Environmental Communication|
Suggested University for MA Mass Communication Admission in India
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Lords University Admission||Rajasthan||Private University|
|Madhav University Admission||Rajasthan||Private University|
|Maharaja Ganga Singh University Admission||Rajasthan||State University|
|Maharana Pratap University Admission||Rajasthan||State University|
|Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati University Admission||Rajasthan||State University|