MA Gender Studies Admission 2023-24: Masters of Arts in Gender Studies is 02-year duration PG degree program. It comprises 04 semesters in two years. MA Gender Studies are relatable studies of the human perspective on gender. All human beings think differently on different topics. The degree is postgraduate. Maharana Pratap University is one of the best for MA Gender Studies courses.
MA gender studies help the student to get a better understanding of society about social topics like gender. The positions in the society that specific gender holds and why not another gender. All the topics will be studied in this degree.
- Full-Form: Masters of Arts in Gender Studies
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: Graduate Degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
- Entrance Exams: HSEE, TISNET, and RIE CEE are the top entrance exams.
- Average Fee: INR 10K – 01 Lakhs per year
- Salary Offered: INR 02 Lakhs – 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Job Profiles: Professor, Writer, Counselor, Gender Specialist, Research Associate, Social Worker, etc.
MA Gender Studies Highlights
|Course Name||MA Gender Studies|
|Full-Form of MA GS||Masters of Arts in Gender Studies|
|Course Fee||INR 10K – 01 Lakhs per year|
|Average Salary||INR 02 Lakhs – 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Eligibility||Graduate Degree with 50% marks from a recognized university.|
MA Gender Studies Admission 2023-24
- The admission in the MA Gender Studies follows that the student must have to clear the requirement set by the university they are going to apply. The main criterion is clearance for the bachelor’s degree.
- Gender Studies is the specialized study field that is concerned with the complexity of gender interactions. It includes Identity symbols such as nation, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, race, etc.
- MA Gender Studies provides students with the view of knowledge and gender, power and gender, and body and gender. These views are described by teaching topics including social movement, social justice politics, leisure and work, visual citizenship and culture, liberty and freedom, sexual and colonial violence, and masculinity.
Eligibility For MA Gender Studies Admission
- Before qualifying the entrance, the basic eligibility required is a graduation degree obtained from a well-known college.
- Admissions are entrance exam plus merit-based. Various entrance exams including PUCET, TISSNET, CUSAT CAT, and IPU CET, are conducted at the state or national level to select candidates.
- The tuition fee charges are such that from INR 10K – 01 Lakhs per year. The fee varies because of the standards of different institutes such as some are government and some are private.
MA Gender Studies Admission Fee Structure
The average fee for the MA Gender Studies course is INR 10K – 01 Lakhs per year.
Entrance Exams for MA Gender Studies Admission
Different universities have different entry tests. Some common ones are given below.
- DU DSE M.A. (Economics) Entrance Test
- Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE)
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
The salary of the MA Gender studies holder is INR 02 Lakhs – 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA).
On successful completion of MA Gender Studies, various doors open towards employment. The essential employments are Gender Specialist, Social Worker, Professor, Research Associate, Counselor, and Writer.
Types of Courses
Postgraduate degrees are mostly offered at the campus full-time instead of part-time. In India, MA in Gender Studies is offered part-time and also full-time.
Distance learning mode is provided primarily for candidates unable to take regular classes, and there are many such institutes in India.
MA Gender Studies Admission Syllabus
|Year I||Year II|
|Introduction to Gender Studies||Gender and Governance|
|Feminist Theories and Movements||Gender and Health|
|Feminist Research Methodology||Gender and Technology|
|Gender and Society||Gender Management System|
|Gender and Development||Women Development Programmes and Policies|