MA Ancient History Admission 2023-24: MA in Ancient History is a 02-year post-graduate degree course and these 2 years are divided into four semesters. It is a well-paid job in India. MA is a postgraduate course in the stream of Arts. Ancient History is related to the pre-historic traditions and customs practices all over the sub-continent. Since preserving heritage is essential for a country; thus, this course aims to do this efficiently. By taking this course, students learn theoretical knowledge and gain expertise in the discipline of Archaeology.
MA Ancient History Highlights
|Course Name||MA Ancient History|
|Full-Form of MA AH||Masters of Arts in Ancient History|
|Course Fee||INR 3K to 16K annually|
|Average Salary||INR 03 to 06 lakhs per annum(LPA)|
MA Ancient History Admission 2023-24
Admission to the MA requires two steps: to clear the bachelor’s degree, and the second is to remove the entrance exams. Some institutions allow direct access. The degree relates to the study of the ancient history of the countries and other countries. It also includes the study of archeology and social sciences. It helps the students learn more about their cultures and history and allow them to spread that knowledge. MA is a master-level course students can apply for any stream based on art side subjects.
If anyone wants to be assigned as a Museum Education Officer, Archivist, Teacher, or Civil Service Administrator, this course is the right choice. By choosing these designations as a career option, you can receive a salary amount of INR 03 to 06 lakhs in a year. The heritage includes the Arts, Temples, constitutions, Architecture, and Caste systems of Ancient India from the Stone Age. It also consists of the studies of Buddhist, Indian Arts, Institutions of Ancient India, etc.
Eligibility For MA Ancient History Admission
- If a candidate is seeking admission to MA Ancient History, they must be graduated from a well-known college. The field of study in the bachelor’s must be related to Ancient History.
- Some colleges, such as IGNOU and the Institute of Distance Education, Itanagarthat, offer this Distance Learning mode course. This MA course is a full-time degree program.
- The Ancient History admission is given by the score of exams such as JNUEE, UGC-NET, PUEE, KUEE, Mahatma Gandhi University entrance exam, and DUET.
Fee Structure of MA Ancient History Admission
- The tuition fee for MA in Ancient History differs in various institutes from INR 3K to 16K annually.
Some institutions take direct admission on the eligibility of bachelor’s marks. The marks should be 50% marks. After paying the admission fee, they will be admitted to the college.
Entrance Exams of MA Ancient History Admission
- Entrance tests that are common for the degree are written here.
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
- North Maharashtra University MA Entrance Exam
A degree holder of an MA in Ancient history can easily earn up to INR 3 to 6 lakh.
Types Of Course
Because of the post-graduation degree, it is only available full-time.
MA Ancient History Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Subjects of Study||Historiography, concept, and methods|
|History of India up to C.A.D. 650||Social & Economic systems and institutions|
|History of India from C 650 to 1206 A.D.||Religions and Philosophical Ideas|
|State in India||Numismatics|
|Paleography and Epigraphy|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Prehistoric India||Proto-historic India|
|Principles and Methods of field Archaeology||Early Historical Archaeology|
|History of a Stupa and Rock Cut Architecture||Indian Temple Architecture|
|History of Indian Sculptures and Paintings||Indian Art and Iconography (600–1200)|