MSc Biotechnology Admission 2023: MSc Biotechnology is a two-year degree program that is provided at the PG level. It is divided into 4 semesters. This course teaches the student about biological systems and human Science and includes food technology also. This is the study of organisms and bioprocesses. The main focus of the MSc biotechnology course is to teach students about producing bioproducts.
- Full-Form: Master of Science in Biotechnology.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with 40% relevant to Science Stream
- Average Fee: INR 40,000 to 02 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 02 to 09 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organizations: Serum Institute of India, Biocon, Panacea Biotec Limited, Shantha Biotechnics Limited, Indian Immunologicals Limited, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Research Biochemist, Research Associate, Professor, Lab Technician, etc.
MSc Biotechnology Admission Highlights
|Course Name||M.Sc Biotechnology|
|Course Fee||INR 40,000 to 02 Lakhs|
|Eligibility||BSc, MBBS, BPT, BAMS, B.Pharm, BHMS,|
|Admission Process||Direct entry or entry exam, On the basis of merit|
|Examination Entrance Test||JNU CEEB, GATE, JAM|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 02 to 09 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
What is Biotechnology?
The aim of the research is taken seriously in the field of Biotechnology. The modes of technology and machine relation are learned to develop and progress in areas of Biology, biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, genetics, etc. The course covers more areas of Microbiology that are kept in a mixture of Technology and computer science.
M.Sc in Biotechnology is a course that prospered for its range, study, and career prospects. The fields it covers are very vast, it studies biology concerning its data and technology used for its research.
Whу Chооѕе Msc Biotechnology Admission?
The course should be chosen only if the interest prevails in studying biology, the candidate will get a chance to be up to date with the knowledge of technology which makes this course a whole package.
MSc Biotechnology Admission 2023-24
Most university in India has started taking admission for the 2023 academic session. who want to apply to those students must complete the required qualifications for any recognized institution. MSc Biotechnology admission is based on merit and entrance test. The application form is mostly available at the universities admission portal and also online registration fee submission.
M.Sc Biotechnology syllabus contains the study of Advanced Biochemistry, Animal Cell Technology, Bioinformatics, Plant Biotechnology, Bio-instrumentation, Genomics, Food Microbiology, Cancer Biology, etc. The course has its own rules of criteria set out to be a Bachelor in any of the following areas Biology, Math, and Chemistry.
MSc Biotechnology Trending Updates
- The Madras University registration process is now open for the academic year 2023-24 at the official portal. The last date for Online registration is 30 June 2023.
- IMS Ghaziabad is inviting the application form for the MSc Biotechnology admission 2023-24. Students can apply on the official website.
- NIMS University Rajasthan is inviting the application form for admission to MSc Biotechnology for the academic session 2023-24.
- Dy Patil University Master of Science (MSc) admission is now starting for the academic year 2023. The last date for applying is 22 June 2023.
MSc Biotechnology Admission: Eligibility Criteria
- Aspiring applicants would have completed their bachelor’s with a major in one of the Life Sciences.
BSc, BBA, and B.Tech in Biology, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry are acceptable degrees for this course.
- A minimum of 55% in Bachelor’s is the essential requirement of an M.Sc in Biotechnology.
- Candidates of M.Sc Biotechnology have to qualify for an entrance exam for selection.
- CA CPT, CUCET, and DUJET are preadmission exams for M.Sc Biotechnology admissions.
MSc Biotechnology Course Fee Structure
The fee routine remains variant across institutes. The higher private facility-providing institutes charge much more than government ones, the M.Sc Biotechnology course fee ranges from across INR 40,000 to 02 Lakhs.
MSc Biotechnology Admission Process 2023
The MSc Biotechnology Admission is based on merit or an entry test. The aspirants are to gain rank on the JAT to gain access to the system. It is straightforward for candidates nowadays to gain admission through the accessible modes available. Candidates have the options to submit through online or offline ways,
They only have to gain a soft or hard copy of the form for filling and paper attachments. They can then pay their charges and submit them to the site or counter of the institute.
The candidate will need to be from a backdrop acceptable for entry. They are to be from the bachelor with scores of 50%. They can be from any listed down sets:
MSc Biotechnology Entrance Exam
The Entry tests given out for Biotechnology are as per state or nation, some of them are:
The candidate concerned with taking this course needs to be well prepared as the system is complicated and varied across institutes. One can follow the plan:
- Syllabus Pattern: The course needs to be properly gone through a syllabus pattern, candidate should have it with them. This is so that they don’t miss out on any coursework.
- Plan Outline: Candidates with a plan outline are more relied on for their studies so one should plan their outline for the study.
- Basics Knowledge: The knowledge of basics is to know the main study areas and topics, one should keep a check on it.
MSc Biotechnology Admission Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Advanced Biological Chemistry||Genetic Engineering|
|Environmental Biotechnology||Principles of Bacteriology and Virology|
|Exercises in Advanced Biological Chemistry||Exercises in Genetic Engineering|
|Exercises in Environmental Biotechnology||Exercises in Plant Biotechnology|
|Cell Biology||Plant Biotechnology|
|Exercises in Molecular and Cell Biology||Exercises in Immunology|
|–||Exercises in Bacteriology and Virology|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Animal Biotechnology||Genomics and Proteomics|
|DataBase Management and IPR in Biotechnology||Exercises in Biochemical and Biophysical techniques|
|Food Technology and Nutrigenomics||Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Medicines|
|Exercises in Animal Biotechnology||Bio-entrepreneurship|
|Exercises in Bioinformatics||Biochemical and biophysical techniques|
|Scientific Research and Communications||Nanobiotechnology|
|Bioprocess Engineering & Fermentation Technology||Agricultural Biotechnology|
|Exercises in Bioprocess Engineering||–|
|Seminars, Term paper writing||–|
Salary Packages After MSc Biotechnology Course
The course is one that polishes experts. Candidates can easily get a raise or higher pay with this degree as they are considered knowledgeable in the field. The salary packages given out are ranging from INR 02 to 09 Lakhs per annum(LPA).
Employment areas for M.Sc Biotechnology are Clinical Research Centers, Pharma Companies, Colleges, Universities, Hospitals, etc.
After this Masters of Biotechnology PG level course, students can apply for good career scopes jobs. The average salary of an MSc Biotechnology course is INR 2,00,000 to INR 9,00,000 PA. Some of the Job positions are mentioned below the section.
- Biological/Clinical Technician
- Biomedical Engineer
- Senior Biochemist
- Senior Medical Scientist
- Process Development Scientist
- Biomanufacturing Specialist
- Biotech Product Analyst
FAQ Regarding Msc Biotechnology Admission
Q. What is the future of the experts in this area?
Ans. The areas that experts in this course are needed include Animal husbandry, research centers, and industries. There is much scope for salary and employment in respectable areas for the experts of this course.
Q. What does the course range out to study?
Ans. This course ranges from studying vaccines and medicines while developing them. It also examines energy production and conversation as its bio considers resources while technology considers producing, conserving, and utilizing them.