MCom Admission 2023: Master of Commerce (M.Com) is a 2 years postgraduate degree program. This course covers the corporate environment, banking concepts and practices, financial management, management statistics, and other topics. This program has a wide range of applications and can lead to a number of jobs in the public and private sectors.
MCom Admission Latest Updates
- IGNOU is accepting the application for MCom admission 2023 and the last date for submission of the application form is 30 June 2023.
- Bundelkhand University MCom Admission is open for the session 2023-24. Students can enroll for an MCom degree before 20 July 2023.
- Alagappa University started registration for MCom admission 2023. Students can fill out the application form by 31 May 2023.
- Annamalai University has released the application form for MCom Admission. The last date to fill out the application form is 15 June 2023.
A number of financial and banking firms hire M.Com graduates to perform finance-related duties. Persons with a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline can apply for Doctoral programs, in addition to job options.
After completing the M.Com program, students are qualified to work in accounting, business, and financial services (BFSI) insurance. Students will study a variety of subjects throughout their M.Com program, including money, capital, economics, taxation, and trade. With an M.Com degree, a student has a wide range of career and employment options across different industries. Only individuals with a BCom degree are eligible to apply because the M.Com program is specialized.
M.Com Admission Key Points
Either a candidate’s previous academic record or performance on entrance examinations is taken into consideration for determining admission to the Master of Commerce programme in 2023.
- Duration: The time period allowed for an M.Com course is 2 years. Some distance universities provide 4 years as the maximum duration.
- Eligibility Criteria: This course is most sought after completing the undergraduate in the related field. Those who hold BCom (General), BCom (honors), BBA, or equivalent with at least 60% marks shall be eligible to apply for M.Com. It is important to mention that the minimum marks eligibility can be specified differently by the respective university.
- Entrance Exam: Several entrance exams are conducted at national, state, or institute levels. CUET, JUET, DUCET, and BUPET are some of the tests conducted for M.Com Admission.
- Fee: It varies among different institutions offering M.Com courses. Generally, this academic course costs Rs 5,000 to Rs 40,000.
MCom is a two-year postgraduate commerce degree programme. The course covers accounting, economics, mathematics, business, and other related areas. After finishing a UG degree in commerce or a similar field, one can apply for admission. Admission to the MCom programme was granted based on both merit and entrance examinations. PU CET, AU CET, and BHU PET are some of the entrance exams for MCom admission.
MCom Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Commerce|
|Eligibility||Graduation with min 50% mark in Economics /Statistics/Mathematics/Commerce/Accounts as a subject|
|Similar Options of Study||M.Phil. (Commerce), MBA, CA|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
|Fee Structure||INR 5000- 40,000|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
What is MCom?
There is a wide range of information in the course material, Including Accounting and finance information as well as financial regulations and their implications. This course is aimed at providing students with an overview of the fundamentals of management and business. It is one of the skills that M.Com students learn as they prepare themselves for a career in business, which is the management of financial statements.
The article discusses how to work with government agencies and how to deal with them. With a Master of Commerce degree, you have a wide range of career options at your disposal.
Employers are always looking for a responsible accountant.
- International Business
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Law
- Industrial Business
- Operations Management
- Management Accounting
Why Study M.Com Course?
Here are some of the reasons why students take up M.Com as their post-graduation course-
- There is a wide range of opportunities for students pursuing a master’s in commerce.
- For students who want to pursue a career as a chartered accountant, this course will help them have an idea about cracking CA or CS.
- The course provides specialization in various courses like Accounting and finance, banking and finance, taxation, business management, economics, statistics, computer application, and more.
- Master in commerce involves graphs, numbers, and calculations. Therefore, students must possess sharp analytical skills and a love for mathematics.
MCom Admission 2023
Due to technological advancement, MCom admission is offered online by almost all universities. Specifically, MCom admission takes place either through a merit or entrance exam, totally depending on the admission process followed by the university/college. Other than this, the application process remains the first step of admission, which needs to be completed correctly.
Depending on the merits or the entrance scores of a student, they may be invited to appear in further rounds of selection. Most institutions follow a standard admission process consisting of counselling, document verification, and final confirmation as an integral part of the admission process.
The universities are now opening admissions for the MCom degree program for sessions 2023. The student who completed the BCom can opt for MCom. Students for admission to the institute can be based on scores in UG or any entry test. It is a course provided by different institutions in India. Some famous entrance tests to get into the MCom program are BHU PET, PG CET, DU PET & more.
Subharti University MCom Admission
Subharti University invites students to enroll for MCom Admission 2023. For this, one has to go to the web portal of Subharti University. For seeking MCom admission, students must meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for this course. Firstly, this course is open to those who hold a Graduation degree with a commerce stream from a renowned university.
For selection purpose, the university accepts merit or SNET scores. Besides this, admission starts with the application stage, where one needs to fill out the basic details asked in the form. Additionally, they have to pay the sum of Rs 1,500 as a registration fee.
IGNOU MCom Admission
Presently, IGNOU is accepting admission across all the courses, including UG, PG, and Online courses. For MCom Admission 2023, one can register and submit the form by 30 June 2023. IGNOU holds admission twice a year for the sessions, in January and July.
Focusing on IGNOU MCom Admission 2023, the admittance will be given through merit scores only. Those who have done 10+2+3 from any field of specialization can apply for MCom Admission. To participate in M.Com Admission 2023, aspirants will have to register before the closing date stipulated by the university. The selection to M.Com will rely on the score in the last qualifying exam at the UG level. For the application, one needs to make a payment of Rs 300.
DU SOL MCom Admission
Delhi University Offers an MCom PG level course based on entrance and merit base. MCom post-graduation course duration is 2 to 4 years. Students can also pursue MCom through the DU SOL (Distance Learning mode). The admission is divided into two categories: Category A is for those students who are taking merit-based admission, and Category B Admission is based on Entrance. First, Students registered themselves online at www.du.ac.in.
Delhi University M.Com Admission
Delhi University will soon start the admission process for the Master of Commerce program for the academic session 2023. The admission will be accepted on the score of CUET PG 2023. Students should have the CUET scorecard for admission to a postgraduate degree in MCom. A student who has a bachelor’s degree can apply for admission and a BCom degree holder will be preferred.
Amity University MCom Admission
Amity University has currently opened the admission portal for the M.Com course. To fill out the form for M.Com Admission, one should follow the link provided on the university’s online site. One should have passed B.Com with 50% or above from a valued university.
Additionally, they should have obtained at least 60% marks in Class XII from a well-known board. Selection will rely on the student’s performance on an online video test conducted at the Microsite Admission window, and the process will be purely in online mode.
Calcutta University MCom Admission
Calcutta University will soon start the MCom admission for the new academic session. Students must have a BCom degree before applying for MCom. The University also released a notification on its official website regarding the waiver of admission fees. There will be no admission fee charged for Postgraduate programs offered on the campuses of the university.
Gujarat University MCom Admission
GU is the most famous university in India and it offers admission to MCom students. This is a public University so its fee structure is very affordable for all students. The fee for MCom in GU is INR 36000 for the full course. It takes admission of MCom students on a merit-based.
Students should be passed in BCom or BBA from any recognized university or Institute to take admission. This University is best known for its placement of students. The Admission for MCom students will be held in the month of July.
Eligibility Criteria for MCom Admission
The essential requirement to pursue a master’s in commerce in India is given below:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% in their BCom general or BCom Honors degree from any recognized university.
- Some universities consider students with a degree in Economics, Statistics, BBE, and BBS. However, the minimum aggregate of 60% is compulsory.
- Students belonging to OBC or SC/ST get a relaxation of 5% in universities.
MCom Admission: Syllabus
The syllabus tries to cover all the possibilities a student can face. It includes general subjects as well as professional subjects. The course mainly focuses on principles of accounts and business. Specifically, the method proceeds to the B.Com subject. But M.Com covers more details and knowledge. The program is mainly dependent on Management courses and Accounting courses. Also, Economics courses have a significant part in the M.Com degree.
Organizational Theory and Behaviour
Quantitative Techniques for Business
Financial Management and Policy
Legal Aspects of Business
Global Strategic Management
Corporate Governance, Ethics, and Social Responsibility of Business
MCom Course Specialization
Master of Commerce (MCom) in India offers a wide variety of specializations. It will be offered in many universities, including both private & government. While taking MCom admission, students get into the thought of Which M.Com specialization is best? Specializations like Computer Application, HRM, Taxation & Marketing are all best for the M.Com course. These topics raise many job roles & scope probability.
M.Com provides a variety of specializations within the commerce sector. A few of them are listed below:
- MCom for Computer Applications – It is the area that provides theoretical and practical information about the computer world.
- MCom within Accounting and Finance is more focused on the accounting field and economic finances.
- MCom on Taxation: In this class, students learn to resolve taxation issues comprehensively and research tax-related literature. They also learn to conduct a comprehensive analysis of tax returns.
- MCom in Finance –This is the organization’s finance such as budgeting.
- MCom for HR Re Management- Deals with managing human res within the organization.
- MCom marketing gives you all the technical information and the skills required to market in finance and commerce.
MCom Course Career Prospects
The career or scope for the MCom program is wide in India. Many top government colleges provide placement after the MCom course. Any learner who is interested in pursuing a career in the commerce or accountancy field can choose the MCom course. Students can pursue job roles as an accountant in different companies.
They can work as employees in business forms. They can work as a content writer on various topics related to accounting, finance, and business. Graduates can also get a job in the marketing sector. Some job options are mentioned below:
- Account Assistant helps with administrative tasks for accountants, including completing clerical duties like filing, typing, handling mail, and basic bookkeeping.
- Operations Manager: It is responsible for the hiring process, setting targets, and team leadership.
- The Marketing Manager’s role is to prepare and implement marketing strategies.
- Analyst Performs data operation and creates reports based on the data’s interpretation.
- The Stockbroker works with stocks and provides financial services to the company.
- The Bank Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing branches of banks.
- A business Consultant’s job is to study the market, product lines, and overall financial performance.
- Cashier/Teller managing transactions with customers through cash registers.
What Job profiles be offered after M.Com?
There are several jobs that an MCom degree holder can do. In MCom, there are subjects that give knowledge about different streams including Accounting, Business Environment, Management, International Business, Insurance, Finance, Banking, etc. MCom students can get jobs as Cost Accountants, Tax Consultants, Certified Public Accountants, Investment Bankers, etc. The starting salary can be between 3 LPA to 5 LPA.
Top Job profiles after MCom
After completing M.Com candidates can apply for jobs in high-end MNCs and BFSI. You can also choose to take lecturer-ships or teaching positions or opt to research.
- Account Assistant Helps with administrative tasks for accountants in completing clerical duties like filing, typing, handling mail, and basic bookkeeping.
- Operations Manager: It is responsible for the hiring process, setting targets, and team leadership. Marketing Manager responsible for preparing and implementing the marketing strategies.
- Analyst: Performs data operation and creates reports based on the data’s interpretation. The Stockbroker works with stocks and provides financial services to the company.
- Bank Manager: The Bank Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing branches of banks.
- Business Consultants: Their job is to study the market, product lines, and overall company’s financial performance.
- Cashier/Teller: Managing transactions with customers through cash registers.
Top College for MCom Admission
MCom graduates are required in high demand in top-notch companies. There are many intuitions in India offering MCom admission. In this article, we talk about the top and UGC-recognized MCom colleges. Graduates from these MCom colleges have managed to get placements in prestigious companies.
Top MCom colleges conduct admission processes in June and December. Some institutions have two admission sessions. MCom admission courses are based on merit, but top colleges require National, State, or institute-level examinations.
- Private colleges: ICSI New Delhi, Igra Institute of Management and Professional Studies, Achieva Educations, School of Distance Education, Bharda Vidyapeeth, and Aryabhatta Degree College, to name a few.
- Public Colleges: IGNOU, Hindu College, SRCC, Ramjas College, etc.
MCom Course in India
There are various job opportunities available in India for graduates of the master’s in commerce course. With an MCom degree, you can expect to make an average of 3.5 lakhs per annum as your basic salary. However, with various other skill upgrades, the salary will only increase as a result of an increase in skill level.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: How can I prepare for the entrance exam for MCom admission?
Answer: Entrance Exams contain objectives and are 100% Aptitude Based examinations. The M.Com entrance exam comprises Logical reasoning and General Knowledge, English, and Quantitative Aptitude.
Question 2: Does a student have the ability to become a CA after having completed Mcom?
Answer: Yes. Students can pursue CA after completing their M.Com. Actually, one could take it on in tandem with M.Com. No age limit to pursuing CA.
Question 3: How much is the average cost of MCom admission?
Answer: The average cost of the course is between INR 60,000 – and INR 120,000, and it depends on which institution the student picks.