DMLT Course: Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a two-year program offered in various ugc approved institutions across the country. The diploma course has evolved for the domain of paramedical science. The course contains some specialized subjects which are built upon the learning of human body fluids such as urine, plasma, saliva, etc.
Individuals who manage to pass this specialized program are recognized or called Medical Laboratory Technicians (MLTs).
The admission to DMLT two-year degree program can be taken after securing a 50 percent score in the 12th level of studies. Passed higher secondary exams must include mandatory subjects such as physics, biology, and chemistry. The average fee for the DMLT program is INR 45,000. Applicants can deposit the prescribed fees semester-wise.
A two-year course structure of the DMLT program is designed in the following pattern: four semesters, core subjects, elective subjects, projects, and practical workshops. The core subjects of DMLT include human anatomy, MLT fundamentals, human psychology, biochemistry fundamentals, etc. The elective subjects comprise clinical hematology, clinical microbiology, technical microbiology, and clinical biochemistry. The course will be taught with the inclusion of various significant points such as seminars, group projects, digital learning, traditional learning, practical lab sessions, self-learning, and more.
The Diploma in Machine Labotary Technology allows students to brighten their academic profile by including higher studies. Options are pretty much wider for the DMLT passed candidates such as BMLT, BSC in Medical Imaging Technology, PG Diploma in Laboratory Servies, PG Diploma Medical Laboratory Technology, and more. Students shall learn more about the mentioned courses in the article ahead.
Students who acquire the DMLT two-year (four semesters) diploma program can have a sound professional career with a decent salary. The Job roles of the DMLT Professionals include Lab Technician, Pathology Technician, Medical Writer, Medical Technician, etc. An average salary for DMLT-based professionals is between 2-3 LPA.
DMLT program detailed information that contains admission, eligibility, fees, and much more can be studied in the following sections of the article.
- NEET 2022 registration for DMLT course is started and is going to last till 06 June 2022.
What is DMLT?
The DMLT program is a beginner-level course that teaches the skills of examining, evaluating, and identifying different ailments. The course is primarily intended to help fill the void by medical lab experts. Students can select one of the specializations such as Radiology, Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry, Genetics, Clinical Chemistry, and others to pursue the DMLT diploma.
The admissions for DMLT will also be made in the distance mode by various institutes. In this field, one can find numerous job opportunities after completing this diploma. The salary packages of such graduates are good enough when they are employed at entry level in the related fields.
DMLT Course Details
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is the full form of DMLT.
- It is a program of 3 years in which learners acquire a thorough understanding of Microbiology, Blood Bank, Pathology, and Biochemistry.
- DMLT admissions are mainly based on students’ performance in the 12th standard qualifying examination with at least 50% marks.
- There is no particular entrance examination; however, academic institutions such as NIMS and several public universities hold a Common Entrance Test (CET) to short-list aspirants.
- The DMLT curriculum costs can range from INR 2 to INR 4 lacs per year. In public institutes, the course fee is lesser than the fee of private institutes.
- The most common study modes adopted for DMLT courses in India are full-time, part-time, and online learning.
- India’s popular distance learning institutes are Tamil Nadu Open University, IGNOU, Suresh GyanVihar University, and others. DMLT course fee in distance mode is much reasonable than the full-time course fee.
- In 2019 there were 337,800 DMLT unfilled jobs, with a 7 percent growth expected by 2029, implying that approximately 25000 fresh employment opportunities would be generated by 2029.
- DMLT degree holders can find jobs in Public or Private Healthcare facilities, universities and colleges, military services, medical content writing, pathology labs, and so on.
- Depending on the job description and level of skill, the typical yearly pay of DMLT experienced candidates ranges from INR 2 to 5 LPA.
What does DMLT Course All About?
The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or DMLT course is a medically trained scientific discipline concerned with treating and diagnosing various illnesses. It is the study of human fluids such as heart valve liquid, perivascular fluid, pleura fluid, urinalysis, blood test, and other samples collected. In addition, people are taught about using research lab technology and equipment. Learners can gain practical learning expertise with CT scanners, MRI machines, X-ray machines, and other medical equipment. DMLT allows you to perform all of the tests needed for the diagnosis of a particular disease.
Why DMLT after 12th?
- Medical Laboratory Technology, or MLT, is a branch of the medical sector that aids in diagnosing and treating diseases.
- Even though medical lab technicians operate behind the action sequences, those who perform an impact create a part on Lab system applications.
- Is anyone keen on working in the industry of allied health sciences research? If so, DMLT is among the finest options open to oneself.
- It is among the fastest-growing disciplines in care services around the world, as well as the number of pupils who choose it could indeed enjoy a multitude of types of occupations that match the expertise that you managed to learn.
- There has been the outcome in the health sector with the advent of newer ailments, as well, as selecting such a DMLT course curriculum would give multiple chances in science and medicine.
- A few crucial things to consider when selecting this curriculum: There are numerous career options in public and private areas.
Who Should Pursue DMLT?
- Acquiring further into the world of healthcare is among the most difficult and difficult sections of someone’s living.
- For those who believe it is hard to gain admission to the MBB, this is perhaps the most wonderful option to advance a career in medicine.
- This program is intended for aspirants willing to take part in the examination, diagnostic test, and therapeutic interventions of various health issues.
DMLT after 10th
DMLT course is a diploma-level course that is generally offered by the institution after the applicant has completed their 10+2 class from a recognized institution or board. A diploma in Medical Lab Technician is considered the primary step toward making a career as a lab technician.
DMLT after 10th is an opportunity for students to mold their study in the specialization of medical laboratory and testing purposes just after completing their 10th class. Admission to DMLT after 10th is offered by multiple institutions based on the entrance test process, the tests are generally conducted at the national or state level.
Types of DMLT Course
The most common types of DMLT courses offered in India are the full-time DMLT, Part-Time DMLT, and Online DMLT. These course types in detail are discussed below:
Full-Time DMLT course is a two-year regular study program, and it is the most common type of DMLT chosen by a great number of students. Most of the top colleges or universities are there in India, where students can study this course. Its fee in a variety of Universities varies from INR 2 to INR 4 LPA.
Upon completing the full-time DMLT course, students can apply to various medical laboratories to start their professional careers. They can also do internships in hospitals, healthcare centers, and medical research laboratories.
A Part-Time Diploma of Medical Laboratory Technology is intended to teach students by consuming fewer students’ time. In most cases, students do not take full-time and remain absent because they cannot spend their whole day on campus. This situation happens to the students for many reasons; they might be engaged in any job or other tasks. Thus, there is a need for such courses to facilitate working adults. With the help of such a learning method and after gaining the degree, students can get promotions while working on entry-level positions.
Online DMLT Course
Students can choose to study the online DMLT course as they seem easier to access. It is a type of learning in which students are taught through video lectures, either live or recorded. For the sake of study material, the conducted video classes are given to students via recordings.
Many Universities like TNOU, IGNOU, etc., provide admission to online DMLT through direct entries. Students will submit the application form and start taking classes after the issuance of the merit list.
DMLT Admission Process
The admission for the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is based on the score of the entrance exam. The detailed information about the DMLT admission process is given as:
- The mode for the DMLT application is offline or online by visiting the university or by visiting the university’s official website. There is a minimum requirement of 45% to 50% aggregate marks that must be obtained by a student if he wills to get DMLT admission.
- It is also possible to get admittance for DMLT after completing the 10th standard.
- Some of the institutes for DMLT also conduct the entrance exam.
- There may be some changes in the admission process of a particular institute that can be checked by visiting the online webpage of that institute.
- Generally, the DMLT admissions in numerous institutes start from May or June of every year, and some institutes may have different dates.
DMLT Eligibility Criteria:
Numerous academic institutions in India necessitate applicants to follow the required qualifying criteria so to become eligible for the course of DMLT:
- Applicants must have completed their intermediate with a base level of 45 percent – 50 percent in examinations, with Biology/ Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics, as required subjects.
- Few colleges also provide the course to 10th class qualified students with a 50 percent accumulation. There is no specific age limit set for the DMLT admissions by any Indian Institute.
- Applicants anxiously anticipating their Senior Secondary Exam, as well known as the HSC, could indeed pertain for the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
DMLT Entrance Exam:
There is no separate entrance test for the Diploma course in Medical Laboratory. Nevertheless, a few prestigious institutions, like NIMS University and St. Johns Medical College, hold a common entrance exam to shortlist aspirants. Some of the relevant entrance exams are given as:
- MET: MET is a university admission test administered yearly by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) for entries to numerous degree courses at the UG and PG levels provided at the university.
- Amity University Entrance Test: Students can apply for the Amity DMLT program through an admission test conducted each year by Amity University. This entrance exam also requires eligibility for having 50% marks in the 10+2 examination.
- Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test: Anyone who aspires to get DMLT admission at Jamia Hamdard will need to appear in the Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test. It is an annual academic level entrance exam held for various courses offered by Jamia Hamdard.
DMLT course duration
The duration of pursuing the DMLT course from any institution is generally 2 years. Students who are pursuing the DMLT course get an extension for completing the course till 4 years or 5 years in some institutions to form clear the backlogs.
DMLT Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exam conducted for the DMLT admissions will have a syllabus based on the previous studies. There will be almost 4 sections in the whole paper, including biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English. Students must focus on all parts equally and start their preparation in a well-organized manner. The exam pattern will be such that 200 questions will be composed out of the given syllabus. Each question will carry a positive mark, and each wrong answer will carry a negative mark.
DMLT Course Admission
The admission process for the DMLT is mainly based on merit. However, some universities take entrance tests, such as St. John’s University and Aligarh Muslim University, and take admission based on entrance exam results.
- Enrolment can be decided to make either directly or through an admissions test. Advanced techniques can be used both offline and online.
- Sign in to the university’s main site, go to the admittance segment, and send the documents needed, including personality specifics, scores catalog, other requirements needed, and the sum of application fee requested by the university.
- Applicants must consult the university’s admit unit and fill out a request form after touring the university for the application in the offline procedure.
- To register for the Admissions Test, applicants must go to the university’s online webpage and pertain for the exam by spending the registration fee and sending the required information and necessary paperwork.
- After passing the entrance exam, applicants can check for the counseling process to be assigned a university.
DMLT Admission in Delhi University
The University of Delhi chooses thousands of students in India to get higher education courses such as DMLT. DU has a set of eligibility requirements based on which the admissions to its various courses are provided. For the Diploma in Medical Lab Technology, one needs to have a minimum 50% aggregate score at the intermediate level. The previous qualification of students must be in relevance to DMLT such that major subjects of study should be Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Every candidate must have best communication skills and some basic lab skills as well.
DMLT Admission in IGNOU
The main aim of the IGNOU DMLT course is to diagnose and studying various diseases for proper treatment. The knowledge in Hematology, Microbiology, Biochemistry and General Pathology is of utmost importance for any skilled technician. And therefore, in the rapidly growing area of scientific knowledge and skills, laboratory science is an important area of study for Medical Laboratory.
The IGNOU DMLT brochure can be downloaded from the closest National Institute or purchased online by making a payment in the manner of a Pay Order on behalf of IGNOU and submitting it to Registrar Office, IGNOU, and New Delhi-110068.
DMLT Admission in IPU
DMLT admission in IPU is also based on merit plus entrance exam scores. IPU CET is the common entrance test conducted by Indraprastha University once a year. It is necessary to pass this exam if you want to enter IPU to pursue the DMLT program. IPU has started the registration process for DMLT course. Last date for DMLT registration in IPU is 30 April 2022.
DMLT Admission in Symbiosis University
Symbiosis University is among the highly ranked Universities of India for UG and PG education courses. It also offers admission through the admission test named the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET). This exam is held one time a year and is followed by a round of counseling. Students’ performance in counseling is also a part of the admission criteria.
DMLT Admission in Amity University
Amity University provides admissions in a variety of fields, including Medicine, Law, and Engineering, as well as Anthropology, Forensic Sciences, and Animation. The courses offered by Amity University are of various levels, meaning a single stream can be studied at UG and PG levels. Similarly, it offers the program of Diploma in MedicalLab Technology.
Amity University registration forms can be loaded out electronically or acquired from the corresponding university-associated colleges for an application fee of INR 1100. The University conducts an entrance exam to offer admissions for DMLT. This course is approved by UGC to be offered by Amity University.
DMLT Distance Education
Distance Education is a learning method where studies are offered using online learning platforms. Various Universities in India have adopted the online DMLT courses. The duration of distance DMLT courses can vary; thus, it can extend above two years. Admission in distance mode is also without of entrance exam.
Distance DMLT Admission Process
The admission process of distance DMLT course can be varying, but the basic one is given as:
Any student who applies to a DMLT admission course must secure at least 50% marks in the 10+2 obtained from a recognized board. In distance mode, the entrance exam is not conducted. The related institute directly publishes a merit list. The age limit is not provided for distance admissions.
IGNOU DMLT Distance Edcuation
IGNOU offers a DMLT program in distance mode. The program fee charged by IGNOU is INR 25000. The eligibility criteria for DMLT admissions at IGNOU are based on merit. This university does not take any entrance exam and does not set an age limit criteria.
DMLT Course Syllabus
DMLT course is a 4 semester-based diploma program of two years. Pathology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, and Pharmacology are the subjects covered in the DMLT program. Fellowships and initiatives created to suit the needs of the industry are also included in the DMLT curriculum. The curriculum design, even so, may differ from one university to the next. The details about the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology syllabus, semester-by-semester topics, and course materials given a prescription by prestigious unis.
DMLT Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has some top colleges where DMLT course can be obtained. A few of these are the Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute, Delhi Paramedical, And Management Institute (DPMI), Dr. Zakir Hussain Institute, and Institute of Para Medical Technology (IPMT). DMLT course fees in the colleges of Delhi is ranging from INR 67000 to INR 160000.
DMLT Colleges in Mumbai
Students can take admissions to a variety of DMLT colleges in Mumbai. Some of those include the University of Mumbai, PVP, ITM, SGS Medical College, KEM Hospital, and Tata Institute of Social Sciences- School of Vocational Education. The DMLT course fee here is INR 34500 to INR 122000.
DMLT Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore is also an important study point for students pursuing the DMLT course. The St. John’s Medical College, Christ University, Bangalore Medical and Research Institute, Raja Rajeshwari Medical College and Hospital- RRMCH, and Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute are some popular DMLT colleges in Bangalore. There is an average amount of DMLT course fee in these colleges ranging from INR 25000 to INR 960000.
DMLT Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad is popular for having a good number of higher education institutes. There are many colleges where students can take admissions to pursue a DMLT course. AWARE College of Medical Lab Technology, AWARE College of Nursing, Santosh College, Kakatiya University, and others are among the DMLT colleges in Hyderabad.
Be the first to leave a review.