Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission 2023: It is a diploma-level degree program. The duration of the Diploma in Physiotherapy course is 02 years and is split into 06 semesters. Physiotherapy is the doctor of bones and muscles and is highly recommended in India. The certification is high in numbers, and the return is also outstanding. The students have to clear the 10+2 exams with 50% marks in Science Subjects.
In India, many universities offer admission to Diploma in Physiotherapy course after clearance of the 12th from the specified board. The students must have to study many topics in biology. Admission to the Diploma in Physiotherapy courses will be started soon for the session 2023. The Diploma in Physiotherapy course fees is INR 10,000 to 2,35,000.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Physiotherapy|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam Based|
|Course fee||INR 10,000 to 2,35,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3 to 20 lakhs per annum|
|Eligibility||10+2 with a minimum of 45-50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects|
|Suggested University||Alagappa University|
Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission 2023-24
Admission will start soon for the diploma in Physiotherapy course 2023. Admission would depend on merit or entrance. In order to submit an application applicant must complete 10+2 from the recognized board.
Physiotherapy is a profession in the medical nursing field that leads to a diploma (D.P.T. ). This course is in accordance with the 10+2 standard of science education as determined by the recognized school board for the completion of physiotherapy courses. There are six semesters that make up the program and it lasts for two years. All recognized boards of secondary education require their students to pass the 10+2 exams with a minimum composite score of 45-50%.
The Diploma in Physiotherapy is an after-12th diploma course in medical nursing. The completion period for this diploma course is three years.
- Physiotherapy deals with the study of healthcare services. The course provides the knowledge and skills of protecting people from problems affecting physical functioning problems.
- The Physiotherapy Diploma syllabus includes the study of Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Psychology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Kinesiology, Medical and Surgical Conditions, Rehabilitation, Disability Prevention, Biomechanics, etc.
- Physiotherapy is relevant to doctors who have specialization in human bones and muscles. The demand for a diploma in physiotherapy course is highly demanded. There are plenty of institutions that offer such diplomas.
Eligibility For Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission
- Medical education at the intermediate level (class 12th) is required to apply for this course.
- Admission to the Physiotherapy diploma is offered on the basis of merit and the entrance exam.
- This diploma course is offered every year by a number of medical and non-medical colleges across India. NIMT Gautam, RIMTU Gobindgarh, and SU Pacheri Bari are some of the colleges that offer this diploma program.
- The average fee charged for the Physiotherapy diploma course is ranging from INR 10,000 to 05 Lakhs. The fee is variable in private and public colleges.
- Some entrance exams for these diploma courses are AP PGECET, CET PG, SKUCET, and RU PGCET. These exams are conducted both at the university and state levels.
- It is a program that is not offered via distance learning mode.
Fee Structure of Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission
The fee for the Diploma in Physiotherapy course is INR 10,000 to 05 Lakhs. Diploma in Physiotherapy course fees may vary from one institution to another.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission Entrance Exams
The following are some common entrance tests for the diploma in physiotherapy course.
- Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET)
- Panjab University Common Entrance Exam (CET-PG)
- Rayalaseema University PG Common Entrance Test (RU PGCET)
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University Common Entrance Test (SKUCET)
There are universities that demand direct admission instead of an entry test to Diploma in Physiotherapy course. The student has to fulfill the basic requirements like passing marks should be 45% and from the required board.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Salary
The average annual income earned by Physiotherapists is ranging between INR 03 lakhs to 20 lakhs per annum.
The higher studies after completing a diploma in Physiotherapy are MPT, Ph.D., and PGD in Physiotherapy.
The job types that are available to people who hold Diploma in Physiotherapy degree are Assistant Physiotherapists, Research Assistants, Researchers, Customer Service Assistants, Lecturers, Sports Physio Rehabilitators, Therapy Managers and so on.
As a result, such diploma holders may have the opportunity of working in a wide variety of health institutions, universities, colleges, orthopedic departments, rehabilitation centers, pharmaceutical companies, defense medical colleges, the private and public sectors, among others.
Types of Cоurѕе
A diploma in physiotherapy is a full-time regular program. The total duration is 4 years.
Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission Syllabus
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Pathology||Computer Training||Physiotherapy in Medical Conditions|
|Pharmacology||Medicine||Physiotherapy in Surgical Conditions|
|–||–||Biomechanics & Kinesiology|
Diploma in Physiotherapy Admission University & Fees
|University Name||Duration||Average Fee||Apply|
|The Indira Gandhi Technological & Medical Sciences University||2 Years||120410|
|AURO University of Hospitality and Management||2 Years||125165|
|Ayush and Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh||2 Years||125920|
|Dr. MGR Medical University Admission||2 Years||120675|
|Pacific Medical University Admission||2 Years||125275|
|King George’s Medical University||2 Years||125325|
|Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences||2 Years||125875|
Diploma in Physiotherapy Application Process
Candidates who wish to pursue a diploma in Physiotherapy need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, candidates need to visit the official site of the university to which they want to apply for the program.
- Then check the admission status. If it’s ongoing, then check the required document list, program fee, and application fee.
- Collect all the necessary documents.
- Then click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill out the application form and pay the registration according to the given instructions.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q1. How to get admission to the Diploma in Physiotherapy?
Ans. Admission is completely dependent on the universities. However, admission will be based on merit or entrance exam scores.
Q2. Is a diploma in Physiotherapy valid in India?
Ans. Yes, a Diploma in Physiotherapy course is valid in India, and the course has great demand in India.
Q3. How much fees for Diploma Physiotherapy in India?
Ans. The fees for a Diploma in Physiotherapy are INR 10,000 to INR 2,35,000 Lakh, which may vary from institution to institution.