Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Admission 2023-24: It is a full-time diploma-level course. It is one of the highest-demanded degrees in India. The eligibility criteria are the students have to clear the 10+2 exams in math and physics. A diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a 02-year duration full-time course. In this course, all the lab technologies and their uses are taught to the candidates.
- Entrance Exams: AMIE, GATE, BITS HD (ME), IIITH PGEE
- Top Job areas: Blood testing labs, Govt. and private hospitals, colleges & Universities, healthcare centers, pharmaceutical labs, etc.
- Top Job profiles: Lab technicians, Pathology technicians, Medical technicians, Lab Staff, Data Entry Operators, Medical writers, etc.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam / Merit-Based|
|Average Salary Offered||Rs 20K to 80K per month|
|Average Fee Incurred||INR 7,000 to 02 lakhs|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized board|
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Admission 2023-24
- Medical laboratory technology is the one used by laboratory technicians to perform various complex lab tests. These tests help detect the disease, and then professional doctors and physicians recommend a treatment procedure.
- First, the samples of body tissues, fluids, and others are collected, and then they are tested and analyzed in the laboratory with useful technologies. Medical laboratory technicians are also named clinical lab scientists or technologists and medical laboratory scientists.
- To conduct various medical tests. Candidates learn how to perform tests in an environment-friendly environment and keep themselves safe from the infectious diseases that can attack them from the samples they have collected for tests. It also teaches lab precautions such as wearing masks, goggles, and gloves for safety while working.
- The most prominent professions in this field are Lab technicians, Pathology technicians, Medical technicians, Lab Staff, Data Entry Operators, and Medical writers. These jobs are provided in blood testing labs, Govt. and private hospitals, colleges & Universities, healthcare centers, pharmaceutical labs, Military Services, and private clinics. Many universities and colleges offer admission for the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology program.
Eligibility For Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Admission
- The eligibility is to pass 10+2 with a minimum of 45-50% marks with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the main subject of study.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Admission Fee Structure
The average fee for a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course in many colleges is INR 7,000 to 02 lakhs.
Entrаnсе Exаmѕ of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Admission
The аdmіѕѕіоn process fоr this соurѕе іѕ through рорulаr еntrаnсе еxаmѕ lіkе:
- BITS HD (ME)
- IIITH PGEE
- Manipal MET for M.Tech
The average salary offered to Medical Laboratory Technology is Rs 20K to Rs 80K per month.
The subjects taught in this program are Microbiology, Basic Hematology, Clinical Biochemistry, Immunology, etc.
Institutes providing regular classes also offer this course in a distance learning mode of education. The admission in distance mode is also merit-based just as in a regular way.
Types of Cоurѕе
- A diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a full-time regular program. There is no part-time diploma available.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Admission Syllabus
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Basic Haematology||Clinical Biochemistry|
|Blood banking & Immunohaematolog||Microbiology|
|Clinical Pathology (body fluids) and Parasitological||Immunology|
Suggested University For Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Admission||Andhra Pradesh||State University|
|Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Admission||Chhattisgarh||State University|
|Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya Admission||Chhattisgarh||State University|
|ITM University Admission||Chhattisgarh||Private University|
|K.K.Modi University Admission||Chhattisgarh||Private University|