Diploma in Marine Engineering Admission 2023-24: It is a full-time diploma-level course. Marine Engineering is highly demanded in India. Many institutions offer credentials that have a duration of up to 01 to 03 years. For admission to the diploma, the student has to pass the entry test in major subjects such as math, physics, and chemistry.
- Entrance Exams: DAVV CET, GCET, GUJCET, and BITSAT are some entrance exams.
- Top Work Areas: Worley Parsons, Coastal Marine Construction Engineering Ltd., Indian Waterways Authority of India, and Global Maritech-Bokaro Steel Ltd.
- Top Job Profiles: Chief Marine Engineer, Second Marine Engineer, Technical Superintendent, Maritime Educator, Ship Operator, Port Manager, OIC Engineering Watch, and Marine Educator.
What is a Diploma in Marine Engineering?
Marine engineering is specializing the students increasing their technical skills on marine boats and machines. Marine engineering is a highly demanded degree and diploma in India.
Diploma in Marine Engineering Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Marine Engineering|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Marine Engineering|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4.5 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs per annum|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 2.5 – 3 Lakhs annually|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized board|
Diploma in Marine Engineering Admission 2023-24
A diploma in Marine Engineering is a 01 to 03-year certificate program. Candidates start learning this course. They come to know about the maintenance of different equipment and machinery available at the port, ships’ propulsion part, and carrying out various marine operations safely and efficiently.
The syllabus includes learning various subjects like a power plant of the marine industry, ship stability, and ships’ construction process.
Diploma in Marine Engineering is a full-time course. Minimum eligibility for entry with a score of 50% for the 10+2 Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics assessment as subjects or some other similar or higher academic course from a recognized university. In most institutes, the course is of an annual type, completing the final exams by the relevant universities at the end of the year.
This program aims to produce competent marine engineers capable of working in dynamic situations and appreciating many elements of ships and ports using engineering methodologies. The program also teaches applicants leadership, administration, and effective communication. Many universities offer both part-time and full-time learning admission in Diploma in Marine Engineering courses.
This course aims to make proficient marine engineers that can work in dynamic environments and understand different aspects of ships and ports by applying engineering techniques. The course also gives candidates leadership, management, and communication skills to make them responsible. These objectives are designed to meet the needs of the marine industry.
Eligibility For Diploma in Marine Engineering Admission
- If someone is desirous of opting for this course, then the required eligibility has at least 50% marks in the intermediate or equivalent examination.
- Some academies may also consider the score of bachelor’s level exams.
- Admission is entrance-based in some colleges but mostly direct and merit-based.
- If you want to take this course, you must have at least a 50% grade point average in your intermediate or equivalent test.
- Some standard entrance exams are DAVV CET, GCET, GUJCET, and BITSAT entrance exams.
Diploma in Marine Engineering Admission Fee Structure
The average fee for the diploma in marine engineering is INR 2.5 – 3 Lakhs annually.
Diploma in Marine Engineering Admission Process 2023-24
The admission process for the diploma in marine engineering required the clearance of 10+2 exams. Some institutions offer direct admission and some are selected on the basis of entrance tests.
Direct Admission in Diploma in Marine Engineering
Some of the institutions offer direct admission with a clearance of 12th in major subjects such as math, physics, and chemistry.
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Marine Engineering Admission
Some of the common entrance tests are given here.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- DAVV Common Entrance Test (CET)
- Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)
Marine engineers’ average salary packages are 2, 50,000 to 3, 00,000 INR per annum. The Indian Marine work areas are Worley Parsons, Coastal Marine Construction Engineering Ltd., Indian Waterways Authority of India, and Global Maritech-Bokaro Steel Ltd.
Famous jobs in the sector are Chief Marine Engineer, Second Marine Engineer, Technical Superintendent, Maritime Educator, Ship Operator, Port Manager, OIC Engineering Watch, and Marine Educator.
Type of Courses
The institution offers both full-time and part-time courses in the diploma in marine engineering.
Suggested University For Diploma in Marine Engineering Admission in India
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|International Institute of Information Technology Admission||Chhattisgarh||State University|
|ISBM University Admission||Chhattisgarh||Private University|
|Maharishi University of Management and Technology Admission||Chhattisgarh||Private University|
|MATS University Admission||Chhattisgarh||Private University|
|O.P. Jindal University Admission||Chhattisgarh||Private University|