Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission 2023: A diploma in Mining Engineering is a 03-year professional course with a high level of learning. Students must have completed the 12th standard (55% score) with the PCM stream.
In this course, students learn about Mine Machinery concepts and how to repair them. The Mining Engineering Diploma is specifically intended for individuals who are strong at critical thinking and can better assess diverse circumstances. The program will allow the students to continue to study in the future.
- Top Colleges:- The mining engineering diploma professionals can make their careers in Universities, Colleges, SECL Bilaspur, KPMG Bangalore, OMC Bhubaneshwar, NIRM Bangalore, etc.
- Top job profiles:- Scientific Assistant, Quality Technician, Mining Engineering, Technical Lead, R & D Engineer
Most universities and colleges are providing this diploma in the Mining Engineering program. Students must have to update the university’s official website.
- Admission for the Diploma in Mining Engineering course is started at Usha Martin University. Apply here
- Chhatisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University Diploma in mining engineering admission will start soon.
Diploma in Mining Engineering Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Mining Engineering|
|Age||Minimum 15-17 years|
|Minimum percentage||Minimum 55% marks in Class 12th in mathematics, chemistry, and physics.|
|Subject required||Physics, chemistry, mathematics, and science|
|Average fees incurred||INR 30,350 to INR 70,650 per year|
|Similar options for study||Diploma in mechanical engineering, Diploma in electronic engineering|
|Average salary offered||In India, the average salary of the graduates is 6.56 lakhs INR per year|
|Employment Roles||Scientific Assistant, Quality Technician, Mining Engineering, Technical Lead, R & D Engineer|
Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission 2023
Mining Engineering is the science of extraction of minerals from different resources. The course aims to develop mining skills in students and produce professional mining engineers for the country or world. The experts or engineers are responsible for locating natural resources of minerals.
This diploma program’s syllabus contains the teachings of English Communication, Applied Science, Engineering Graphics, Drawing/Practicals, Basics of Electrical engineering, Surveying, Basic computer skills, Mining Practices, Mechanical Technology of mining, etc.
A diploma in Mining Engineering is usually a three-year diploma program after the 10th Standard. The following are some important aspects of a diploma in mining engineering:
- The eligibility of the course is to pass the class 12th exams from the state board, ICSE or CBSE, and any other certified boards.
- The course allows the students to obtain a better knowledge of mining which is beneficial for future degrees.
- The Diploma in Mining Engineering is 100% merit-based. It depends on the marks of the student obtained in the 12th or in some institutions 10th
- If the candidates choose this course after the 12th class, then they should have an HSC degree in physics, mathematics, and chemistry with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
- The course is best suited for a candidate who has the ability to critically think and is better at analyzing different situations.
Eligibility For Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission
Eligibility criteria are one of the major factors to take admission if a student who desired to apply does not match It may cancel the application form and admission. Students must match the criteria. following criteria is mentioned below.
- The suitability to pursue this mining diploma course is must have a 12th-class education. The class 12th students are also preferable for admission to the Diploma of mining engineering.
- The admission seeker of this Diploma can apply to various institutes in India. Admissions for the Mining Engineering diploma are offered every year.
- The average course fee charged for this Diploma is ranging from INR 30,350 to 70,650 per year.
- A tenth-class education is required to be appropriate for this mining diploma program. The 12th-grade candidates are also recommended to enter the Mining Engineering Diploma.
- No entrance exams are offered at the 10th class level, but some institutions offer their entrance exams.
- Only bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs are available for mining engineering via online learning.
Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission Fees
- The Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission fee depends on different factors like the type and standard of the institution.
- The average course fee for a diploma in mining engineering is INR 30,350 to 70,650 per annum.
Diploma in Mining Engineering Application Form
Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission is available at Usha Martin University for the 2023 academic session. Eligible Students can fill out the online application form by visiting its official website. Most universities and colleges are offering their admission through the online application form. The application form fee is Rs 250 to Rs 500 (approx) for Diploma in Mining Engineering. Students have to fill out their registration form before the deadline for admission. Those students who wish to apply offline easily can go through the college students’ corner or University regional center.
Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission Process 2023
- Firstly, students need to fill in physical or online Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission forms.
- Students should submit the form to the admin block of their college or university.
- The student should fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- The admission is fully merit-based and judgment of admission will be 100% based on the 10th and 12th
- standard scores.
How to Apply for Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission?
- If you want to apply for this course you need to use online and offline modes.
- Both modes required the admission form.
- The admission form needs to be filled with all the required data.
- After filling in the data, you simply need to submit the form to the respective institution or university.
- No Entrance test is conducted in 12th level
- However many institutions may offer entrance exams for this course.
- The eligible student is selected on a merit-based.
Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Mathematics||Mathematics II|
|Computer Science||Computer Lab|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Open Elective I||Open Elective II|
|Mining Engineering lab||Mining Engineering lab II|
|Rock Excavation Engineering lab||Mining Engineering lab|
|Rock Excavation Engineering||Mining and Planning|
|Environmental Engineering||Basic Mining Engineering|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Technical Writing and Seminar III||Technical Writing and Seminar IV|
|Review of Research Work||Review of Research Work II|
|Research Work||Research Work II|
|Summer Internship and Training||Dissertation|
|–||Comprehensive Viva Voice|
Important Books For Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission
These are a few important books for Diploma in Mining Engineering for the students.
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Basic Mechanical Engineering||R. Bixam|
|Mine Ventilation||Bangari Shashank|
|Mine Surveying||P. Ranga Swamy, V. Suresh|
|Methods of Working Coal-II||Sravan Kumar Kannavena|
|Methods of Working Metal||Sravan Kumar Kannavena|
Top 5 College For Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission in India
|College Name||Location||Average fees in INR|
|Mewar university||Rajasthan||INR 1.2 lakhs|
|Wisdom school of management||Bangalore||INR 16,500|
|School of engineering and technology||Madhya Pradesh||INR 1.3 lakhs|
|The ICFAI University||Jharkhand||INR 2.15 lakhs|
|USHA Martin University||Ranchi||INR 1.71 lakhs|
Why Diploma in Mining Engineering Choose?
Mining engineering is the branch of engineering that utilizes the principles of technology and science. These principles are used in the extraction process of minerals and other earth resources.
It is an academic program that offers basic knowledge of engineering sciences. The program also offers theoretical and practical training in various aspects of geology, metallurgy, and mining engineering.
The course is perfect for a student who wishes to enter the field of mining engineering. It also offers you the best background for many administrative and specialized studies. The course is beneficial for students. The course trains the students to get basic knowledge in different areas like system design, unique technologies, and different mining engineering processes.
Diploma In Mining Engineering Course Preparation Tips
The following are the preparation tips that help in preparing your course.
- Wake up early in the morning. After the walk, gives one hour to prepare for the previous lecture of the course.
- Make a proper timetable for your study.
- The timetable should be adjusted in such a way that each course subject is covered in a well-mannered way.
- Take the revision test daily
- Prepare your course notes daily
- Repeat your revision with your friend because it is the best way to memorize what you learn.
- Consult with the teacher in case of any issues.
Graduates of mining engineering opt for different job positions after the completion of their degree. The average starting salary of the diploma holder in mining engineering is 6.56 lacs. The students who have completed a Diploma in mining engineering can do further studies in M.Tech or M.E in mining engineering and other PGDM in this stream.
The job roles offered to that kind of diploma holders are Scientific Assistant, Mining Engineer, Assistant Manager, Technical Lead, R and D Engineer, Quality Technician, Market Research Specialist, Quality Assurance Engineer, etc.
Different roles of people along with their starting salary and job description are as under:
- The main role is to support the scientist in educational and research matters.
- The average salary of a scientist assistant is INR: 4,50,640.
- These individuals are conducting various tests in between manufacturing and production processes.
- The average salary of a quality technician is INR 1,72,164.
- The main role of mining engineering is to have efficient and safe mineral, metal, and oil extraction from the ground.
- The average salary in mining engineering is INR: 9,89,343
- These people are the developer that leads the team of developers at their company.
- The average salary of a technical lead is INR: 12,27,175.
R & D Engineer
- R and D engineers are responsible for conducting different experiments and giving suggestions to improve project management.
- The average salary for this role is INR 8,85,666.
Types of Course Learning
Two types of learning types offered by this course. You can avail of the learning type according to your preferences.
- It is a regular and formal way of the learning program
- The duration of this course is three years
- Three years course offers 6 semesters
- Proper regular classes are arranged by the department
- Assignments and projects are given to students daily.
- Attendance is compulsory.
Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission Distance Learning
- Mining engineering through distance learning is only available for bachelor, master, and Ph.D. courses.
- There is a need for research and experiments that are only possible in full-time learning programs.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Diploma in Mining Engineering Admission
Q1) What is the private sector recruiter to hire diploma holders of mining engineering?
Ans: Some of the private sector recruiters are:
- TATA Steel
- Mining companies
- Mineral production companies
- Mineral processing companies.
Q2) What is the salary of different job positions after this diploma course?
There are multiple Jobs positions after this Diploma course
- Scientific Assistant: The average salary of a scientist assistant is INR: 4,50,640
- Quality technician: The average salary of quality technical is INR 1,72, 164
- Mining engineering The average salary of mining engineering is INR: 9,89,343
- Technical lead The average salary of a technical lead is INR: 12,27, 175
- R & D engineer The average salary of this role is INR 8,85,666
Q3) Is this course offers a rewarding career in the future?
Ans: Yes, this field offers the best rewarding career with amazing job options in India and abroad.