Diploma in Electrical Engineering Admission 2023-24: A three-year diploma program in electrical engineering focuses on maintenance, control systems, troubleshooting, magnetism, installation, telecommunications, and signal processing. A minimum of 45% marks in class 10th is required. The admissions procedure differs from college to college. This program’s admission is based on merit or a competitive admission exam. The cost of a course varies based on the institution.
Electrical Circuit Theory, Electronic Devices and Circuits, Transducers and Signal Conditioners, Power Systems, etc. are in the Electrical Engineering diploma curriculum. KJ Somaiya Polytechnic, Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions, Jamia Millia Islamia University, and others offer this program. Depending on experience and skill, starting pay is INR 3 to 10 LPA.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Electrical Engineering|
|Age Limit||No bar|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 10,000 to 50,000|
|Similar Options of Study||BE In Electrical Engineering, B.Tech in Electrical Engineering|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 – INR 10 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Electrical engineer, QA Engineer, Assistance engineer, Junior engineer|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Admission 2023-24
Admission will begin soon for the Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Academic selection is determined by the university that the student picks for admission based on both entrance and merit. Students can apply online or offline, whatever method is convenient. Applications are to be submitted by the last date.
After finishing their 10th-grade studies, students can enroll in this course. The emphasis of the instruction is on using electrical devices and parts. Then, various ways of producing power are used using these parts and pieces.
Eligibility Criteria & Entrance Exams
The eligibility criteria for a diploma in electrical engineering are mentioned below. Candidates need to follow the eligibility criteria for taking admission.
- The student should pass class 10th exams with at least 45% marks from any recognized board.
- Students must study mathematics and science subjects.
- The candidate should not have any backlog in class 10th exams.
- Some universities offer admission to this course after passing the entrance exams.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Admission to this diploma course depends on the entrance test conducted by the state government. Some of the names of the entrance exam are given below:
- Assam PAT
- CG PPT
- HARYANA DET
- CET Delhi Polytechnic
- HP PAT
Fee Structure of Diploma in Electrical Engineering
A diploma in Electrical Engineering is a professional degree in Electrical Engineering. The Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course total fee is INR 10,000 to 50,000/-.
Key Points of Diploma In Electrical Engineering
Some of the main key points of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering are:
- The course offers the study of electrical systems and devices.
- This course helps to develop and design various electrical systems.
- The duration of the course is three years.
- After completing the course, this diploma offers huge job opportunities in the government and private sectors.
- Passing the 10th class with the main subject Mathematics is mandatory to get admission to this engineering diploma course.
The purpose of this course is to prepare students to apply electrical engineering concepts in real-world situations. After completing this course, students are able to create a variety of electrical systems. Electrical engineers are in greater demand across a wide range of industrial firms. These engineers are being hired in increasing numbers.
Our daily lives are now reliant on electrical infrastructure. There are a lot of problems in the electrical industry right now that need to be addressed. Following the completion of this program, students can pursue a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology degree in this field.
Course Fee in India
The course fees for the Diploma in Electrical Engineering in India may vary from institute to institute. It also depends on the infrastructure provided by the institutes. The average course fee for this diploma is INR 10,000 to 50,000 per year.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Admission Process
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering admission process of the diploma course is merit-based. It is based on class 10th final board exams, and most of the colleges offer electrical engineering diploma courses after class 12th. You can apply for the period after completing the entrance test exams.
- The student will need to get qualifying marks in the entrance test.
- After the entrance test, a list will be published that enlist the name of students who passed the entrance test.
- After the final admission process, students need to submit course fees. The fee can be submitted to the bank.
- You can apply for this course online and offline mode.
- Simply download the form and fill in certain requirements
Diploma In Electrical Engineering Course Eligibility Criteria
- Students must have completed their class 10 from a recognized board.
- The minimum pass required is 45%.
- The applicants must form a Science stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- The university accepts students with no backlog track in their class 10 exams.
- The admission is based on scores from an entrance examination from the university called the JMI Entrance Test.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Colleges
There are enormous colleges that admit students with Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The list of the colleges along with their fee structure is provided below:
|Jamia Millia Islamia||27,000|
|Integral University||1.5 Lakh|
|Brainware University||1.3 Lakh|
|Don Bosco Polytechnic College||1 Lakh|
|KJ Somaiya Polytechnic||35,000|
High Paying Opportunities:
The graduates of this course have opportunities to work as Electrical Design Engineers, technical trainers, Field Application Engineers, Verification engineers, and Transformer Design engineers, to mention a few.
The graduates are required in high demand in companies such as Servmax, Emerson, Mitsubishi Electric, Fuji Electric, Cable Corporation of India Ltd, Aeon Electric, etc.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Salary Packages:
The salary packages from the companies mentioned above are high. They are expected to pay INR 1.7 Lakhs and increase with time and experience.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Job Types
Some of the other jobs available after completing this course are:
Electric Designer Engineer
- They can work in circuit design and simulation.
- The average annual salary of an electric designer engineer is INR 1.40 to 1.85 lakh.
- They can repair and maintain the electric circuit.
- The average salary of a junior engineer is INR 1.42 to 1.80 lakh
- They impart basic knowledge and skills regarding the better functionality of a firm.
- The average salary of a technical trainer is INR 1.50 to 1.92 lakh
Types of Course Learning
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering is generally done in two phases:
a) Regular Classes
- The regular classes are conducted daily
- Daily assignments and quizzes have taken place
- The attendance of a student is compulsory
- The maximum duration of the course is 3 years.
b) Distance Education
- 41 distance learning programs are working in India for the course.
- Online assignments and quizzes are held
- The time for distance education is 3-years
- Online attendance is count
Top Colleges For Diploma in Electrical Engineering in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 1,06,000|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 5,00,000|
|Quantum School of Technology||Roorkee||INR 1,37,000|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 6,00,000|
|Dev Bhoomi Group of the institute||Dehradun||INR 2,00,000|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Syllabus
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Applied Science||Electrical Machines||Estimation and Specification|
|Applied Mathematics||Computer-aided electrical drawing||Embedded System|
|Elements of electrical engineering||Electrical Power generation||Industrial Drives and Control|
|Basic Computer Skills||Transmission and Distribution||Electrical energy utility and Management|
|Electrical and Electronic Circuits||Practical||Electric Motor Control|
|–||–||Basic Managerial Skills|
|–||–||PLC and HDL|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 12th
After 12th students can take admission to the 2nd year of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering directly. If they passed the 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. A lot of colleges in India offer direct admission to these candidates.
The state education board conducts a lateral entry entrance exam for the 12th pass-out candidates. The selection of these candidates will be done based on their performance in the entrance examination.
FAQs Regarding Diploma in Electrical Engineering Admission
Ques 1: What Can I do after this diploma course?
Ans: After this diploma course, you can get a job in the various public and private sectors. You can also pursue higher degree courses in engineering.
Ques 2: Can I get admission to this course after class 10th?
Ans: Yes, you can take admitted to this diploma course after completing the class 10th exams.
Ques 3: Write a brief note on electrical engineering.
Ans: Electrical engineering is one of the engineering disciplines. It focuses on electricity and its application. The discipline deals with the generation of electricity. It is one of the most demanded disciplines in India.
Ques 4: Which is the perfect, degree, or diploma course?
Ans: The degree is a theoretical study. While a degree is practical-oriented. The diploma is of a shorter period as compared to degree courses. The course fee for the degree program is higher as compared to the diploma course. You can easily pursue this course after class 10th.
Ques 5: What is the diploma course in EE duration?
Ans: To complete this course, students need three years. Some colleges offer half-year courses.
Ques 6: What are the entrance test exams held for this course?
Ans: Some of the names of the entrance exam are given below:
- Assam PAT
- CG PPT
- HARYANA DET
- CET Delhi Polytechnic
- HP PAT