Diploma in Civil Engineering Admission 2023-24: Civil Engineering is a three-year course that covers bridge design, road design, building design, and dam construction. College admissions procedures differ from one to another. There is a competitive admission exam or merit-based admission process for this program. Depending on the institution, course prices may vary. Students can go through the article for complete info.
- Course Full Form: Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Duration: The total duration of the course is 3 years.
- Eligibility: Students must have completed their 10+2 in science with PCM.
- Fee: The fee for the Diploma in Civil Engineering course can be up to INR 10,000 to 5 lakhs per year.
- Career Options: Project engineer, construction site assistance supervisor, and many more.
Transportation, Structural, Environmental Engineering, and Geotechnical, are popular specializations. Tata Projects, Shapoorji, Pallonji, Unicon Development Construction, Specialized contracting, PCC, Rama Group, etc. hire civil engineers with a diploma. Initial salary ranges from INR 3 to 9 LPA, depending on expertise and talent.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Highlights
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% marks in Class 10th or 12th with 45% marks in mathematics, chemistry, and physics|
|Subject required||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics,|
|Average Course Fees||INR 10,000 to 5 lakhs per year|
|Similar options for study||BE and BTech Civil engineering|
|Average salary offered||In India, the average salary of 3 to 9 LPA|
|Employment roles||Assistant Manager, Assistant field inspector, Faculty member, Executive engineer, Project engineer, Construction site assistance supervisor|
Diploma in Civil Engineering Admission 2023-24
Depending on the universities, Admission will be based on merit/entrance exam for Diploma in Civil Engineering. Registrations for the Diploma in Civil Engineering will begin soon for the upcoming session. Students who meet the eligibility requirements can apply online. Before applying, students should visit the university’s official website.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Eligibility
- The students can apply diploma in civil engineering admissions after completing the 10th class with a minimum of 45% marks in science subjects.
- After 12th, Students can also pursue this course, but they must have studied Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as core subjects.
- The entrance test like Delhi CET, AP JEE, and Punjab CET requires to get admission to Diploma in Civil Engineering course.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Fees
The average fee charged for Diploma in Civil Engineering is INR 10,000 to 5 lakhs. (The course fee for the diploma course may vary)
Why Choose Civil Engineering?
If you think about why to choose civil engineering at the diploma level, we will present some brilliant facts about it here.
- The Diploma in Civil Engineering helps students to grow both administrative and supervisory skills.
- These skills are required to build a building according to the design provided by any architect.
- The graduates of this diploma usually do a lot of practical knowledge to hire civil construction industries easily.
- The graduates can also go for higher education like UG and PG level after completion of this course.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Subjects
There are different Subjects in the Diploma in Civil Engineering. The Subjects of this diploma are Applied Mathematics, Surveying, Leveling, Computer Drawing, Applied Chemistry, Applied Mechanics, CAD, Transpiration Engineering, Workshop Practices, Building Materials, Strength of material, Earth Moving Machinery, Hydraulics, thermal Engineering, Concrete Technology, irrigation Engineering, etc.
Diploma in Civil Engineering After 12th
Students can pursue a diploma in civil engineering after 12th and make their future career. The duration of the Diploma in civil engineering is 1 to 3 years. It is a short-term course, which requires 3 years to complete. Students who have completed their 10th can also get admission after qualifying polytechnic entrance exam. Students will get jobs in the top construction industry after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering After 12th.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Career Scope
- Students with a civil engineering diploma can pursue advanced degrees in civil engineering, surveying, structural design, construction management, building design, and construction management.
- They have employment sectors such as enterprises that deal with information technology or software, universities, companies that work for the government, engineering organizations, and so on.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Salary Packages in India
- The salary paid to diploma graduates may change depending on the skillset and experience of the candidate.
- The average annual salary earned by Diploma in Civil Engineering professionals ranges from INR 6 to 8 Lakhs per annum.
- They easily earn lots of money annually.
- After completing the diploma level, the higher studies are M.Tech, B.Tech, and Other PGDM courses in the field of civil engineering.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Jobs Offered
The jobs performed by such professionals are Assistant Field Inspector, Director of Public Works, Supervisory Engineer, Project Manager, Assistant Manager, Teacher, Chief Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Construction Site Assistant Supervisor, etc.
The top recruiting areas for civil engineers are colleges, universities, Water resources, Tunnel Engineering, Land Development, Roadways, and Railways.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Course Preparation Tips
If students want to enroll for a diploma in civil engineering course, then the following tips for course preparation help them:
- Start your study with the holy name of God
- Early start enables the students to get lots of advantages
- They can pick modules and concepts instantly
- They should have a better knowledge of exam pattern
- The student has proper know-how about past questions
- Better time management is necessary
- Do a neat and clean job
- Try to consult with the teacher when any problem occurs.
Diploma in Civil Engineering Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Chemistry||Professional Communication|
|Engineering Drawing||Modern Construction Materials|
|Applied Physics||Computer Application|
|Applied Mathematics||Applied Mechanics|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Construction Economy and Finance||Thesis paper|
|Open Elective I||Project|
|Building Acoustics and Noise Control||Open Elective II|
|Concrete Technology||Contract and Specification in Construction|
|Application of Computers in Construction||Construction Project Management|
|Building Services||Construction Engineering and Management|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Open Elective IV||Training and Internship|
|Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Constructed Facilities||Quality and Safety Management|
|Evaluation of Project||Modern Construction Materials|
|Open Elective III||Evaluation of project and Viva|
Diploma in Civil Engineering Salary
Students pursuing a Diploma in Civil Engineering and those who have completed their Diploma in Civil Engineering degree have great future prospects and career paths. Students will get a job in both the public and private sectors with the best-starting salary of an average is around INR 6 to 8 Lakhs per annum.
Frequently Asked Questions About Diploma in Civil Engineering?
Q1) What skills and qualities are needed to become a civil engineer?
Ans: To become a successful civil engineer, the qualities and skills required are:
- They should be perfect in mathematics and accounting
- They should be perfect for reading plans
- They have better knowledge of legal and environmental aspects
- They should be good with computer knowledge and management skills
- They have a better grip on cost estimation
- They are well in finance management
Q2) Do many institutes offer integrated programs in this course?
Ans: Few institutions in India offer an integrated program like a Diploma + B.Tech degree in Civil engineering
Q3) What jobs are available for civil engineers?
Ans: Students after this course work as:
- Assistant managers
- Assistant field inspectors
Q4) How much do civil engineers make?
Ans: They can easily earn $196 per year. They do lots of work during duty
Q5) Do these engineers travel more?
Ans: Yes, they have to travel more to do different work
Q6) What students can get from Diploma in Civil Engineering course?
Ans: It enables the students to have better knowledge in different areas. Such as professors, civil engineers, etc.
Q7) Is a Diploma in Civil Engineering tough?
Ans: A Diploma in Civil Engineering is a technical and complex field requiring hard work and dedication.
Q8) What is the scope of a Diploma in Civil Engineering degree holder?
Ans: Graduates with a Diploma in Civil Engineering have a broad range of career opportunities. Diploma in Civil Engineering holders may work in public and private industries.