Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission 2023-24: It is a three-year duration diploma programme which specialises in chemical and engineering. In this course, students will learn about applying life science, chemical behaviour, Nature, Raw materials, ways of creating a new chemical, properties of different chemicals and economics to convert raw chemicals into valuable forms. If you are looking for the best diploma course after matric, then a diploma in chemical engineering is perfect for you.
- Entrance Exams: JEE Main and JEE Advanced are the main entrance exams.
- Eligibility: Minimum 50% marks in Class 10th in mathematics, chemistry, and physics.
- Average Fee: INR 6000 to 1 lakh per year
- Salary Offered: The average salary of a Chemical Engineer is INR 02 to 09 lakh per annum.
- Top Job Areas: Ministry of Defence, Academic Institutes, Sunrise Engineering Solutions, SM AKER Management Sevices, etc.
- Top job profiles: Process Engineer, Field Operator, Chemical Engineer, Market Analyst, Lecturer, Professor, Associate Scientist, Technical Service Representative, etc.
It is the engineering industry that, combined with economics, uses both living science and physical science to transform basic chemicals into useful forms. This course’s no distance learning program is organized after the 10th class, but some universities offer distance learning education at PG and UG levels.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Chemical Engineering|
|Age||Minimum of 16 years|
|Minimum percentage||Minimum 50% marks in Class 10th in mathematics, chemistry, and physics.|
|Subject required||Physics, chemistry, mathematics, and science|
|Average fee incurred||INR 6000 to 1 lakh per year|
|Similar options for study||B.E and B.E CE|
|Average salary offered||In India, the average salary of a Chemical Engineer is INR 02 to 09 lakh per annum|
|Employment Roles||Process Engineer, Market Analyst, Field Operator, Associate Scientist|
Diploma in Chemical Engineering is a full-time three years program in Chemical Engineering. The qualification is the 10th examination from any recognized board, along with clearing entrance tests as applied for the course. The program is covered in 6 terms, which gives an exhaustive study of theories and design management skills.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission 2023-24
Diploma in Chemical Engineering is a 03-year diploma course in the engineering stream. It is offered after completing 10th-class education. Chemical Engineering is the stem of engineering that combines life science and physical sciences with economics and mathematics to convert synthetic chemicals and raw materials into useful forms.
This diploma course’s syllabus contains the study of Basic Chemical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Applied Chemistry, Mechanical Operations, Engineering Materials, Thermodynamics, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Management, Mass Transfer, Fluid Flow, etc. The syllabus of DCE is separated into six semesters.
The following are some important features of this course:
- It allows the students to work in the process or chemical industries before finishing the final year of study.
- The student must pass class 10th with 50% marks in mathematics or science.
- The average course fee may range from INR 6000 to 1 lakh.
- No entrance test or any GD/PI process will be held to take admission to this course.
- A candidate who wants to avail of this program must have a strong base in mathematics and science.
Eligibility For Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
- Eligibility for DCE is 10th Education from a recognized board.
- Numerous engineering colleges offer Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission in the country.
- The popular colleges offering this course are IIME Kurnool, DDC Faridabad, SLIET Sanger, and CITSP Coimbatore.
- The course fee of DCE ranges from INR 6000 to 1 lakh per annum.
- A Chemical engineering degree is a 03-year engineering diploma study. It is available after the 10th education.
- If you wish to get admission to the course, then no entrance exams are conducted after matric. The PG and UG level diploma required the aspirants to appear in tests such as JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
Fee Structure of Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
- The main goal of this course is to strengthen the skills of the candidate in innovation and communication.
- This course helps the student to get a lucrative opportunity in the field of chemical engineering.
- The course fees depend on different factors like the location and name of institutions etc. So, the average fee for this course in India is INR 6000 to 1 lacs per year.
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
If you want to get admission in this course, then no entrance examination will be taken for a 3-year diploma program after matric. However diploma programs at UG and PG levels, students need to appear in different tests like:
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission Process
- Chemical engineering graduates usually enroll in this course when they have a 10th-class degree in physics, math, and chemistry.
- Entrance exams are conducted usually for those students who want to enroll in BE or B.Tech.
- The diploma in chemical engineering admission offers the candidate the position of junior engineer.
- A candidate who wants to get admission should be passed the 10th class exam with 50% marks.
- Admission is made on a merit-based.
- Cut-off marks on the merit list vary from one college to another.
How to Apply For Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
- The eligible student applies for this course both online and offline mode.
- They need to log in to the official website of their respective college.
- They need to provide all important details related to both personal and educational perspectives in the admission form.
- Students can easily access the website to get important details like admission dates and the shortlisted candidates’ names there.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Engineering Mathematics||Mathematics II|
|Computer Science||Computer Lab|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Open Elective I||Open Elective II|
|Mining Engineering lab||Mining Engineering lab II|
|Rock Excavation Engineering lab||Mining Engineering lab|
|Rock Excavation Engineering||Mining and Planning|
|Environmental Engineering||Basic Mining Engineering|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Technical Writing and Seminar III||Technical Writing and Seminar IV|
|Review of Research Work||Review of Research Work II|
|Research Work||Research Work II|
|Summer Internship and Training||Dissertation|
|–||Comprehensive Viva Voice|
List of University & Fees For Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
|Bastar Vishwavidyalaya||3 years||26525|
|Atal Bihari Vajpai Vishwavidyalaya (Formerly Bilaspur Vishwavidyalaya)||3 years||26550|
|Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishwavidyalaya||3 years||26575|
|Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University||3 years||26600|
|Dr. C.V. Raman University||3 years||26625|
|Durg Vishwavidyalaya||3 years||80000|
Top 5 College For Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
|College Name||Location||Average fees in INR|
|GLA University||Mathura||INR 70,000|
|Mewar university||Chittorgarh||INR 53,000|
|Galgotias University||Noida||INR 45,000|
|Integral university||Lucknow||INR 50,000|
|Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University||Pune||INR 0—-|
|Marwadi University||Rajkot||INR 42,500|
|Shri Ram Institute of I.T||Delhi||INR 28,000|
Why Choose a Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission?
- Candidates should choose this course because it not only enhances the knowledge of students about chemical engineering but also exposes students to the area of human sciences.
- Chemical engineers usually work in companies that are involved in production sectors like the production of food, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, glass, and metals.
- The graduate of this course finds jobs in different areas like environmental protection offices, research laboratories, petroleum, and chemical plants, etc.
Course Preparation Tips
if you want to get an awesome grade in any class, then you need to prepare yourself for all the upcoming exams. Here we will discuss some important tips that help you to prepare for your course for a diploma in chemical engineering.
- First of all, you need to intensify your knowledge by reading and surfing as much information about chemical engineering as you can.
- You need to give proper time to your studies. For this purpose, you must prepare an effective timetable for your study.
- Try to emphasize your strengths and weaknesses. In the case of weaknesses, try to consult with your teacher or friends.
- Be consistent with your course. Learn as many books as you can related to your course.
- Prepare lecture notes because these lectures help you in the future.
- It is important to enhance your knowledge, skills, and ability by focusing on different mathematical and computational problems.
The average wages offered to chemical engineering experts is ranging between INR 2 to 9 lakh per annum. The service and expertise in the field may increase income. It depends on the work experience, performance, and qualifications of an individual. The salary may rise because of the above-mentioned factors. After completing a diploma in Chemical Engineering, the advanced studies are M.Tech, B.Tech, and other PGDM courses in Chemical Engineering.
Chemical engineering has a great scope in the modern world. Top recruiting areas for such diploma holders are the Ministry of Defence, Academic Institutes, Sunrise Engineering solutions, SM AKER Management Sevices, etc.
DCE holders’ job roles are Process Engineer, Field Operator, Chemical Engineer, Market Analyst, Lecturer, Professor, Associate Scientist, Technical Service Representative, etc.
In India, many opportunities are available for graduates of chemical engineering:
- Process engineer: INR 363,828 per year
- Market analysts: INR 375,000 per year
- Field operator: INR 515,390 per year
- Associate scientist: INR 814,020 per year
Types of Course Learning
The candidate learns different types of courses in different institutions. But a diploma in chemical engineering after the 10th class offers only full-time regular classes.
Full-Time Regular Classes
- In this type of class, the student needs to study 3-year course
- In this course, regular classes will be held by professors and teachers.
- The teacher gives proper assignments and takes quizzes
- The attendance of students will mark.
Distance Learning Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
No distance learning program for the course is organized at the college level. But at PG and UG diploma courses, the different university offers distance learning program.
(FAQ) Diploma in Chemical Engineering Admission
Q1) What is the eligibility to apply for a diploma in chemical engineering admission?
Ans: The students who passed the 10th class exams are eligible to apply for this course. The students should have mathematics, chemistry, and physics as the core subjects.
Q2) What are the employment area of a diploma in chemical engineering?
Ans: Following are the employment opportunities that graduates with a diploma in chemical engineering can achieve:
- Process Engineer
- Associate scientists
- Field operator
- Technical service representative.
- Market analyst
Q3) What is the main aim of this course?
Ans: The main aim of this course is to train the students in areas like:
- Chemical reaction
- Transportation of chemicals
- Raw materials
- Plant design
- Safety management etc.