Diploma in Biotechnology Admіѕѕіоn 2023: This course lasts for 3 years. Diploma in Biotechnology deals with the theoretical and practical knowledge of modern technology used for achieving sustainable results to produce plants of higher utility and benefit. It is a good combination of Biology and Technology.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have finished 10th grade (secondary school) from a recognised board or equivalent. Some schools may also consider science-focused 12th graders.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should have scored 50% or higher in their 10th grade exams. Again, institution requirements differ.
- Science Background: Biotechnology engineering is a science-intensive discipline; thus, candidates should be proficient in physics, chemistry, and biology. Some schools require math.
- Language Proficiency: Candidates must be proficient in the language of teaching (generally English) to finish the programme. Standardised language tests may be required by some institutions.
Diploma In Biotechnology Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Biotechnology|
|Minimum percentage||Minimum 50% marks in Class 10th|
|Subject required||Physics, chemistry, mathematics, and science|
|Average fees incurred||INR 2 to 3 lakhs per year|
|Similar options for study||B.Tech in Biotechnology, B.Sc. in biotechnology|
|Full-form||Diploma in Biotechnology|
|Average salary offered||In India, the average salary of biotechnology graduates is 2.5 to 8 lakhs INR per year|
|Employment roles||Biotechnology Engineer, Lab Technician, Scientist, Teacher, Instructor, and Project manager.|
Diploma in Biotechnology Admіѕѕіоn 2023
The diploma in Biotechnology is a 3-year diploma program in the engineering stream. Biotechnology stem from the engineering field where biology is combined with the technology for research and development.
- This diploma course aims to provide in-depth and demanding learning to candidates in biotechnology engineering.
- The Biotechnology Diploma syllabus contains many subjects such as genetics, engineering, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, physical chemistry, Bio-Membranes, Plants and Animals, Physiology, molecular biology, human anatomy, etc.
- After completing 10th-class education, interested candidates in biotechnology can apply for this diploma course. Medicine, Food technology, forensic sciences, and healthcare are a few fields.
- People work in this field to earn money. It is a popular field of medical sciences. Students who are interested in reading biology are enrolled in this field.
The following are the main features of the diploma in biotechnology course:
- Biotechnology diploma courses are job-oriented. It gives many jobs offers to different people around the world.
- The system provides lots of job opportunities for people.
- The duration of a diploma in biotechnology engineering is only three years.
- The eligibility criteria are to pass class 10th or equivalent with science and mathematics.
- The program course enables the students to work as laboratory and bio-technologies technicians.
Eligibility for Diploma in Biotechnology Admission
- Students must have to pass the 12th standard through recognised universities.
- some other degree course which has the same value as 12th standard can also apply to this course.
- 50% marks are compulsory in the Previous degree with compulsory subjects included Physics, chemistry, mathematics, and science
- There is no age limit for this course.
Diploma in Biotechnology Fee Structure
Depending on what university you go to, you will have to pay a different amount for a diploma in Biotechnology. Upon completion of the registration form, the student should pay the application fee after he or she has filled out the registration form. A student who has not paid the registration fee will not be considered for admission if he or she submits an application to the university. As soon as the applicant has completed the registration process, they will be able to check their admission status.
The course fee may vary depending on different factors. The course fee for this diploma course is INR 2 to 3 lakhs per year.
- To get admission, the candidate needs to pass an entry test.
- These entrance exams are managed by the state as well as national-level institutes.
The entrance tests for the course are:
- DU biotechnology entrance exam
- AIIMS entrance exam
Diploma in Biotechnology Admission Process 2023
A candidate who wants to pursue this course is required to fulfill some eligibility criteria:
- A minimum score of 50% in both matric and FSC.
- Physics, Biology, and chemistry should be the core subjects with 60% marks.
- If you want to get admission to this course, then you need to qualify for the entrance test exam.
- Many institutions conduct these exams at both national as well as state levels.
- The test for the course was conducted by many universities like Jawaharlal Nehru University and the University of Delhi.
How to Apply
- If you want to apply for this diploma course, then you first check the admission date.
- You can apply for this course both online and offline.
- For offline, you need to get an admission form from the recognized institution where you want to take admission. Fill out the form and submit it to the university along with essential documents.
- For online admission, you need to visit the website of the college.
- Sign up and fill in all information.
- After login in, you need to fulfill all necessary fields of the admission form and then submit your form.
Top 5 College For Diploma In Biotechnology in India
|College Name||Location||Average fees in INR|
|Apex University||Jaipur||INR 45K|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||Guntur||INR 9.01K|
|OPJS University||Rajasthan||INR 70K-1.05 L|
|IIT Delhi||Delhi||INR 4.47-5.56 L|
|IIT Kharagpur||Kharagpur||INR 8.34-10.41|
|Parul University||Gujarat||INR 1,29,000|
|State Board of technical education & Training||Andhra Pradesh||INR 13,000|
Why Choose a Diploma in Bio-Technology?
Biotechnology course provides the opportunity to study the biological sciences, candidates have the opportunity to learn advanced research methodologies, and candidates also have the opportunity to experience practical methods and uses of biotechnology.
The main goals of this course are:
- The main aim is to combine ideas of different sciences. Use this idea to create innovative products.
- The course uses modern technology.
- The course is intensively concerned with student’s life.
- The course offers amazing job opportunities for graduates.
- It is an interesting field of science.
- In developing countries, this course certification offers exceptional job opportunities.
- To cover the life sciences subjects like genetics, cell biology, microbiology, and molecular biology.
- It covers all aspects of living life.
Course Preparation Tips
To enroll in the course you need to get good marks and grades. It will only be possible if you work hard and struggle a lot.
The tips are:
- The students can benefit from an early start.
- Maintain a constant study focus. Never missed a single class
- Try to take down whatever the teacher asks you to.
- Write your note in a tidy and professional manner.
- Work on honing your problem-solving abilities.
- In an instant, students must choose modules and concepts.
- Exam formats should be better understood by students.
- The student has proper know-how about past questions.
- Better time management is necessary.
- Students should know-how about the course outline
- Try to focus on your weak area and discuss it with your fellows or teachers
- Students should enhance their KSAs
- You should expect in mathematical, computer and designing areas.
The average starting salary of biotechnology professionals may vary from INR 2.5 to 8 Lacs per year. The starting salary of biotechnology graduates varies to many factors:
- Job location
After completing a Biotechnology Engineering Diploma, the students can go for higher studies such as BE Bio-Technology, PGDM, M.E, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
The job types offered to graduates of this diploma are; Biological Supplies Manufacturer, Crime Scene Technician, Environmental Technician, Food Safety Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Biological Technician, Pharmaceutical Research Technician, and Infectious Disease Researcher.
Diploma In Biotechnology Syllabus
|Introductory Biological Chemistry||Industrial and Environmental Biotechnology|
|Biophysical Chemistry||Biotechnology Laboratory|
|Cell Biology and Genetics||Molecular Biology Laboratory|
|Bioenergetics and Bio-membranes||Microbiology|
|Animal and Plant Physiology||Human Anatomy Laboratory|
|Bio-statistics and computer||Physiology Laboratory|
|Molecular Biology and Biotechnology||Environmental Toxicology Laboratory|
|Animal & Plant Biotechnology|
Types of Course Learning
Following are the type, of courses, learning for a diploma in biotechnology course:
- This learning type is available at PG and UG levels.
- The 3-year diploma will be done after passing the matric examination
- The student in this type of diploma course needs to attend the regular classes
- The department will arrange exams for these candidates
- Regular submission of projects and assignments will be done.
A diploma in biotechnology through distance learning is not possible. It is so because of intensive research factors.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q1) Which are the best courses in the biotechnology field?
Ans: Biotechnology engineering is the best and top-rated course that students can apply in this field.
Q2) What are the jobs and careers students can get after this degree?
Ans: Here are some job profiles mentioned below:
- Lab technician
- Sakes representative
- Science writer
- Research Associate
- Quality control officer
- Teacher and professor
Q3) Is there any scope for this course in India?
Ans: Biotechnology is the top emerging career field all over the world. The scope of this field is very wide. It offers opportunities in different fields of both engineering and research.
Q4) Is biotechnology difficult to study?
Ans: No, it is not so difficult course. But the need for commitment to study it well is needed. It offers many job opportunities in different courses in life.
Q5) In which field does this course offer job opportunities?
Ans: It offers opportunities in engineering and research. Candidates opt for this course after the 10th class.
Q6) What is biotechnology?
Ans: The program is related to the study of a living organism for its well-being. Medicine, Food technology, forensic sciences, and healthcare are a few fields. This learning type is available at PG and UG levels. The 3-year diploma will be done after passing the matric examination
Q7) What are the eligibility criteria for this course?
Ans: Class 10th with science and good marks. The candidate needs to pass an entry test with good marks.