Diploma in Housekeeping Admission 2023-24: The housekeeping Certificate is a 01-year Diploma Qualification Course. Students who have passed Class 12th with 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible to apply for admission. Theoretical and realistic knowledge of the comfort and freshness of the facilities in which a person is concerned with housekeeping. If the training ends, an applicant can work in hotels, resorts, travel, tour operators, etc. One of the most relevant areas is the householder department. They are active in diverse essential tasks such as gardening. And cleaning centers, dominance monitoring, washing, and cost accounting.
Diploma in Housekeeping Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Housekeeping|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit-Based|
|Full-Form||Diploma in House Keeping|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 2 to 5 lakhs|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 10,000 to 2 lakhs|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized board|
Diploma in Housekeeping Admission 2023-24
A diploma in Housekeeping is after the 12th diploma program. The total duration of this diploma course is one year. The applicants are admitted based on the admission test or merit. In the 12th exams or equal, the college selects students to be admitted by its marks.
- English-speaking applicants are eligible as well. However, some schools perform an entry test to verify the abilities of interpersonal and interview. To be admitted, applicants would have to perform well in the entry test.
- The course aims to provide proficiency in House Keeping. This diploma course provides knowledge of all housekeeping operations, such as designing services, project management, ground maintenance, planning, and mechanical services.
- The syllabus of DHK contains the study of Housekeeping Procedures, Hotel Guest rooms, Cleaning Science, Cleaning equipment, Flower Arrangements, Scrubbing, Interior Decoration, etc.
This course offers housekeeping management experience by training applicants for housekeeping and associated activities, including land care, mechanical services, project management services, planning, and design services. Many universities offer access to Diploma in HouseKeeping programs.
Eligibility For Diploma in Housekeeping Admission
- The basic eligibility for applying is a Housekeeping diploma must have a 12th-class education from the recognized board of India.
- Numerous institutes across India offer housekeeping diploma courses. The famous institutes which are offering this diploma every year are IHMCTAN Bathinda, IHM Gangtok, AIIMS Chennai, etc.
- The admission is granted on the XII class merit; some institutes also conduct the pre-admission test for DHK.
Fee Structure of Diploma in Housekeeping Admission
The average fee for Diploma in Housekeeping is charged between INR 10K to INR 2 Lakh.
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Housekeeping Admission
- English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU)
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)
- Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE)
- J&K Common Entrance Exam (CET)
The average income earned by diploma holders of housekeeping ranges between INR 2 lakh to 5 lakh per annum. The salary increments are based on expertise and experience in the field of housekeeping. After this diploma program, the higher studies are BHM, MSc Hotel Management, and other PGD courses in Hotel Management and Tourism.
The jobs offered in these areas will be Associate Housekeeping Manager, Laundryman, Laundry Master, Executive Housekeeper, etc. After completing the diploma course, students can get employment in Resorts, Hotels, Travel, Tours, Lodges, Restaurants, Guesthouses, Lodges, etc.
A 1-year Diploma Qualification Course is a certificate in House Keeping.
Diploma in Housekeeping Admission Syllabus
|Housekeeping Procedures||Glossary of terms|
|Hotel guest room||Planning Guest Room Layout|
|Cleaning Science||Identification of Cleaning equipment|
|Cleaning Equipment||Cleaning of different Surface|
|Care and cleaning of different surfaces||Stain removal and flower decoration|
|–||Lighting and Colour Scheme|