Diploma in Dental Hygienist Admission 2023: The Diploma in Dental Hygienist program duration is of two years. The admissions procedure differs from college to college. This program’s admission is based on a merit-based or a competitive entrance exam. The fee structure for the course is between INR 12,000 to 2 LPA. The cost of a course depends upon the College or institution.
This program covers oral hygiene, preventive dentistry, periodontal treatment, basic restorations, dental radiography, and other topics. Graduates can work in Universities, Dental Offices and Clinics, Private Clinics, Commercial Dental Laboratories, and more. Graduates may work as dental assistants, dentists, medical assistants, radiation therapists, physician assistants, registered nurses, and other healthcare professionals. The starting compensation ranges between INR 3 and 10 LPA, based on experience and talent.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Dental Hygienist|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit-Based|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Dental Hygienist|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 and 10 LPA|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 12,000 to 2 LPA|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 10+2 from a recognized board|
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Admission 2023-24
The admissions examination is only for specific universities or institutes, and the academic process is merit-based. After finishing the intermediate study, students can submit an application for admission.
Students who are interested in promoting their professions by enrolling in higher education at an institution such as a university will find this class to be beneficial. Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide dental care to patients through participation in this program.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Eligibility
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist Admission is provided on merit. Hence the minimum eligibility is completing graduation from a well-known college or university.
- There are also some Dental Hygienist relevant entrance exams that are conducted to check the performance of students.
- A counseling round is also organized for qualified candidates.
- It is the diploma course that is provided on merit. The minimum requirement to get admission in this diploma course demands completion of graduation from a reputable university.
- There is some entrance examination that is taken to get admission in the dental hygienist diploma course.
- No policy is mentioned related to distance learning education in this course.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Course Duration
The period of dental hygiene courses is two years, and the examination type of this course is in the semester system.
The annual average fees of the dental hygiene course are INR 12,000 to 2 LPA.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Admission Process 2023
To become a professional in dental hygiene, you will need to pass an entrance exam for admission. You must need to pass the intermediate level for admission to the dental hygienist diploma. The minimum percentage of required marks of 50%. You must have these subjects in inter (12th class) physics, chemistry, and biology.
To become a successful and skilled dental hygienist, you will need some additional features: knowing the clinical, Patient caregiver, Excellent communication skills, Patience (mostly to deal with children), Capacity, Ready to work long hours, and a Detailed eye.
Job Career & Employment Areas
An estimate says that the field of dental hygiene is growing every day; the rising trends in dental hygienist careers have made it possible for a rise in dental patients to be seen over the past few years. Dental hygienists are similarly in demand. Dental hygienists can always find employment in both private and public institutions.
The finest employment for a job seeker depends on their educational background and career interests. Public and private dental institutions, private clinics, community health centers, government healthcare missions, NGOs, the armed forces, etc. are the finest areas to look for employment prospects.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Salary
Degree Holders with a Diploma in Dental Hygiene may have a growing professional career. A diploma in Dental Hygiene course allows one to earn a high salary package of up to INR 3 and 10 LPA.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Job Profiles
- A dental assistant is a professional in his career, diagnosis of diseases, checkups, patient care, and performing laboratory duties. A dental assistant gets a salary of INR 2 Lac to INR 3 Lac annually.
- In his career, a dentist is a professional teeth doctor. Their job is to diagnose and treat all dental and gum diseases and provide oral health information. A dentist gets a salary of INR 3 Lac to INR 4 Lac annually.
- Medical assistants are professionals in charge of medical and administrative their tasks such as health care and hospitals. A Medical assistant gets a salary of INR 2 Lac to INR 3 Lac annually.
- Physician assistants call such an expert and professionals that a team supervisor and physician assistant may help develop a drug. A Physician assistant gets a salary of INR 3 Lac to INR 5 Lac annually.
- Registered Nurse: The work of registered nurses includes caring for patients, providing patients with the necessary information, assisting them with doctors, etc.
- A Dental Hygienist professional can earn a salary of up to INR 2 lacs to INR 12 lacs.
- Some relevant jobs are Dentists, Physical Therapists, Medical assistants, Registered Nurses, Dental assistants, Veterinary technicians, Surgical technologists, Radiation therapists, Physicians, etc.
- Dental Clinics & Offices, Private Clinics, Colleges & Universities, Commercial Dental Laboratories, and Medical Writings, are the specific dental areas to work within.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Admission Institutions
The name of the institute that offers dental hygienist courses is mentioned here,
- The Institute of People’s University in Bhopal. The annual fees are INR 2,04,999.
- The Institute of King George’s Medical University in Lucknow. The annual fees are INR 58,499.
- The Institute of Manipal College of Dental Science in Mangalore. The annual fees are INR 5,79,999.
- The Institute of Tamil Nadu Government Dental College and Hospital in Chennai. The yearly fees are INR 6, 35,999.
- The Institute of Maharishi Markandeshwar College of Dental Science and Research in Ambala. The yearly fees are INR 2, 71,999.
- The Institute of Patna Dental College and Hospital in Patna. The yearly fees are INR 999.
- The Institute of Buddha Institute of Dental Science and Hospital in Patna. The annual fees are INR 4, 99,999.
- The Institute of the Oxford Dental College and Hospital in Bangalore. The annual fees are INR 2, 39,999.
- The Institute of HKE Society Snjalingappa Institute of Dental Science and Research in Gulbarga. The yearly fees are INR 54,999.
- The Institute of Modern Dental College and Research Centre in The annual fee is INR 2, 19,999.
- The Institute Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences in Sirmaur. The annual fees are INR 91,299.
- The Institute of Ragas Dental College and Hospital in Chennai. The annual fees are INR 10,299.
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Pathology & Microbiology||Dental Hygiene and Oral Prophylaxis|
|Anatomy, General & Dental||Food and Nutrition|
|Dental Health Education||Dental Materials|
|Physiology & Histology, General and Dental||Community Public Health Dentistry|
|Pharmacology General and Dental||Dental Radiology|
|Dental Hygiene and Oral Prophylaxis||Basic knowledge of computers|
|Dental Ethics and Jurisprudence; Orientation in Dentistry|
Diploma in Dental Hygienist Admission Benefits
There are numerous advantages to earning a dental hygienist degree. The work is rewarding and hard. The following are some benefits that the candidate will receive by taking this course:
- A career as a dental hygienist with a diploma not only pays well but also gains you respect.
- The healthcare sector is constantly evolving, making it possible to find higher-paying professions and experience significant income growth faster than in other industries.
- Graduates of the Diploma in Dental Hygiene program can choose from a large number of employment options in the Private and Government sectors.
- They can anticipate making a sizable income and possibly operating their clinics.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: How can I use my dental hygiene diploma?
Ans: Candidates who successfully complete the course may be employed as Dental Assistants, Medical Assistants, or other related positions after completing the course
Question 2: Do you know what a dental diploma is?
Ans: There is a two-year curriculum for the Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (DCD). Currently, it is available in the specialties of Operative Dentistry and Implant Dentistry.
Question 3: How difficult is the dental hygienist course?
Ans: Not really! It takes 2 years to complete a degree in Dental Hygiene, and some students find the course easier than others.
Question: Is a Diploma in Dental Hygienist worth it?
Ans: Yes, this diploma is worth it, especially in the medical field. It is a skill-enhancing course. Therefore gaining knowledge by learning new techniques through a Dental Hygienist diploma is beneficial.
Question: Can I do BDS after Diploma in Dental Hygiene?
Ans: To take part in the dental entrance test for BDS admission students must have passed the 12th board examination with PCB with the minimum of 50% marks, that they already have. Therefore, there is no need for a Dental Hygiene Diploma to get admission to BDS.