Diploma in Community Medicine Admission 2023-24: It is a two-year postgraduate diploma course. It is a course focused on the health of the members of a community or defined groups of any particular region. It prepares students to work for society’s health needs and evaluate, implement, and plan health programs to meet their requirements effectively. Many universities and colleges offer Diploma in Community Medicine courses.
- Entrance Exams: Medical, Nursing, and Pharmacy Entrance Exams.
- Eligibility: Passed Class 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized board
- Average Fee: INR 7,000 to 2 lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 3 to 10 Lakhs per annum
- Top Job Areas: Medical colleges and universities, pharmaceutical industries, medical research organizations, etc.
- Top job profiles: Family Physicians, Public Health Officers, Public Health Project Managers, Teachers/Lecturers, Research Officers, etc.
Community Medicine is a PG diploma after Graduation (MBBS). This type of certification belongs to the medical science stream. The minimum completing period for this course is 2 years.
Diploma in Community Medicine Highlights
|Course Name||Diploma in Community Medicine|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit-Based|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Community Medicine|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 to 10 Lakhs per annum|
|Average Fee Incurred||INR 7,000 to 2 lakhs|
|Eligibility||Passed Class 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized board|
Diploma in Community Medicine Admission 2023-24
- Students should pass the Qualifying NEET PG Score as recommended by MCI. MBBS or its equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India. Admission to this course is chosen solely based on merit. Merit is determined by the competitive exam, as determined by the national-level centralized entry test (AIPGMEE), and the MCI guidelines.
- Community Medicine is a type of medical science that includes studying society’s issues as a whole rather than at the individual level. Many detailed forms of research are performed to obtain in-depth health and hygiene data from a specific topological field. The course teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students in science through coordinated community activities.
- This two-year Diploma in Community Medicine focuses on the community members’ health or a specific group of any particular area/region. DCM prepares individuals to work for the needs of society’s health and make a proper and well plan to resolve community health issues.
- The Diploma in Community Medicine syllabus contains the History of Public Health, Biostatistics, Health Management, Genetics, Health Economics, Medical Sociology, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Mental Health, Behavioural Science, etc.
- The course aims to train medical students to act as doctors in the community and primary care. They are moving towards achieving these targets. The department implements several projects. The dietary problems and needs of different groups of the population are the subjects of this course.
Eligibility For Diploma in Community Medicine Admission
- The eligibility for this program is an MBBS degree from a recognized university.
- Multiple medical colleges across the country are offering admissions to DCM every year. The popular colleges for this program are GMERS Gotri, SRTR Maharashtra, and TMC Kerala.
- The admissions for this diploma are granted after conducting an MCQs-based entrance exam.
Fee Structure of Diploma in Community Medicine Admission
The average annual fee for a Community Medicine Diploma course ranges between INR 7,000 to 2 lakhs.
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Community Medicine Admission
A centralized entrance test was held at the national level (AIPGMEE) and as per the guidelines of MCI. It is required for admission to community medicine.
- Medical Entrance Examinations
- Nursing Entrance Examinations
- Pharmacy Entrance Examinations
- Science Entrance Examinations
The average pay of INR is 3 to 10 Lakhs per annum for the job’s roles from learning Diploma in Community Medicine course.
- The top recruiting areas for Community medicine experts are NGOs, Health Care Organizations, State Health Services, Medical colleges and universities, pharmaceutical industries, medical research organizations, etc.
- The job roles offered to such doctors will be Family Physicians, Public Health Officers, Public Health Project Managers, Teachers/Lecturers, Research officers, etc.
- The advanced studies after completion of the Community Medicine Diploma Course are MD or MS in Community Medicine.
Types Of Courses
Full-Time: The 3-year course in environmental nursing focuses on the health of community residents.