BTech Biotechnology Admission 2023-24: BTech Biotechnology is a 04 years UG diploma-degree course. It is divided into 08 semesters, two per year. Students who have completed their 10+2 with a min of 50% marks in PCM from a recognized university or equivalent are eligible. It combines technology with practical biology.
To produce bio-products, it uses living things and bioprocesses in the disciplines of technology, medicine, and other related fields. Here are a few details about the B.Tech. in biotechnology program. The salary package offered after completing the course is INR 5 Lakhs per annum. The total fee structure of the course is INR 1.2 Lakhs – 10.5 Lakhs depending upon the university.
It addresses the use of living things in engineering, technology, medicine, and other practical areas. Chemical engineering and applied biology are combined to address the interaction of living things. The students must take one of the entrance examinations that the university has chosen.
BTech Biotechnology Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Biotechnology|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized university|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Maths, Biology, and Chemistry|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 1.2 Lakhs – 10.5 Lakhs|
|Similar Options of Study||B.E Genetic Engineering/ BSc Biotechnology|
|Average Salary Offered||About INR 5 Lakhs per annum|
|Employment Roles||Lab Technician, Clinical researcher, Pharmacist, Medical writing executive, Microbiologists|
BTech Biotechnology Admission 2023-24
The duration of the BTech in biotechnology program is 4 years which is further divided into 8 semesters. This course focuses on biotechnology as a whole subject. This course consists of studies of Genetic engineering, tissues & cell technologies. After completing this graduation degree, students can get jobs in the research, government, and public sectors such as Healthcare, chemical, food, and agriculture sectors & can earn handsome salaries. The students who have done their 10+2 from any recognized board can apply for this program.
Eligibility Criteria For BTech Biotechnology Admission
- The applicants must have at least an HSC from any recognized board of education.
- Students have studied Maths, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- More than 50% of the marks are required.
- JEE Main, WBJEE, JEE Advanced, KCET, etc., are among the entry exams to B-Tech Biotechnology.
Fees of BTech Biotechnology Admission
The BTech Biotechnology Admission course fee is different for each institute based on the facilities they offer. The average fee of this course is between INR 25K – 2 Lacs per annum
BTech Biotechnology Admission Entrance Exams
The following are the acceptable entrance exams for BTech Biotechnology:
- JEE Main: Joint Entrance Exam Main is a national-level test designed for Engr. Courses. After passing this exam, the students can get admission to the leading institutes of the country. Usually, this test is held in May every year.
- WBJEE: West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam is a state-level entrance exam. At least four Lac students take this test every year. This test is held in May every year.
- KCET: Karnataka Common Entrance Exam is a state-level entrance test conducted by KEA. This exam is offered for engineering students. Every year, this test is conducted in May.
- UPSEE: Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam is also called UPTU. This test is usually held in May every year.
Why Choose BTech Biotechnology Admission?
The scope of BTech Biotechnology is rapidly increasing by the desire to develop solutions to new and old problems. There are multiple career options for students who get their degrees in this stream.
There are tons of jobs in this field, like Lab technicians, clinical researchers, Pharmacists, and product managers. These students can also work as medical writing executives, microbiologists, and lecturers. Students are advised to opt for this course for a bright and shining future.
BTech Biotechnology Admission Salary Packages in India
BTech Biotechnology engineers get different job roles in various fields. Their salaries are different, but the average wage range is about INR 5 Lakhs per annum. The followings are some roles and salaries of BT engineers:
- Lab Technician: This job includes the duties of analyzing the samples, lab monitoring, reporting, records, water sampling, and analysis. The annual salary is between INR 1.5L to 5.6L.
- Clinical Researcher: The duties include monitoring visits, document reviews, and clinical trials. The pay is between INR 2.3L to 13L.
- Pharmacist: Check the descriptions for ensuring that the medicines are safe and appropriate. The average salary of this job is 1.8L to 7.4L annually.
- Medical Writer Executive: They are hired to write medical content (blogs, articles, prescriptions). Their average annual salary is 2.2L to 7.6L.
- Production Manager: The duties ensure that the qualities of the products are good. The average yearly salary for this job is 3L to 8.5L.
- Medical Representative: This job includes arranging appointments with healthcare staff and the community. Their annual wage lies between INR 2.1L to 5.5L.
BTech Biotechnology Admission Types of Course
Full-Time BTech Biotechnology Admission
- It is a full-time regular program, and its duration is 4 years, further divided into eight semesters.
- Students attend regular classes on campus.
- Many types of research and experiments are arranged for the students.
- Some clinical and industrial tours are also arranged for this program.
Part-Time/Online BTech Biotechnology Admission
- This program is not available in part-time and online modes.
- This course has some requirements which can only be fulfilled through regular classes.
- This program cannot be obtained in distance education.
Top 5 Colleges For BTech Biotechnology Admission in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kharagpur||INR 81k|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Guwahati||INR 90K|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Roorkee||INR 95K|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology||New Delhi||INR 48K|
|National Institute of Technology||Warangal||INR 75K|
BTech Biotechnology Admission Syllabus 2023-24
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Workshop Practice||Materials Science|
|Physics Lab||Workshop Practice|
|Physics||Principles of Environmental Science|
|Personality Development I||Personality Development II|
|NCC / NSS / NSO & YOGA (Elective)||Computer Lab|
|Mathematics I||Basics of C programming|
|Engineering Mechanics||Mathematics II|
|Engineering Graphics||Electrical Machines Lab|
|Chemistry Lab||Electronic Devices Lab|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|German or Japanese or French Language I||German or Japanese or French Language II|
|Personality Development III||Signals and Systems|
|Mathematics III||Probability and Random Process|
|Fluid Mechanics Lab||Linear Integrated Circuits Lab|
|Fluid Mechanics||Sensors and Measuring Techniques|
|Electric and Electronic Circuits Lab||Biochemistry Lab|
|Digital Systems Lab||Sensors and Measurements Lab|
|Digital Systems||Linear Integrated Circuits|
|Circuits & Networks||Bio Analytical Techniques|
|Basic Biochemistry||Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Engineering Economics and Management||Medical Imaging Techniques|
|Principles of Communication Engineering||Basic Pathology and Basic Microbiology|
|Personality Development IV||Bio-Signal Processing Lab|
|Microprocessors and Microcontrollers||Diagnostic Ultrasound in Medicine|
|Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab||Personality Development V|
|Introduction to Medical Physics||Biomaterials and Artificial Organs|
|Industrial Training I||Comprehension II|
|Control Systems||Bio-Signal Processing I|
|Biomedical Instrumentation Lab||Pathology and Microbiology Lab|
|Biomedical Instrumentation||Elective- I|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Medical Image Processing||Elective IV|
|Virtual Instrumentation Lab||Advanced Medical Physics|
|Virtual Instrumentation||Project Work|
|Medical Image Processing Lab||Elective VI|
|Industrial Training II||Advanced Biochemistry Bio-Signal Processing II|
|Elective III Elective II||Elective V|
|Diagnostic and Therapeutic Equipment||–|
FAQs Regarding BTech Biotechnology Admission
I live in Delhi. Which institute is suitable for me?
You should apply to NSIT. It is the best institute in Delhi.
What is the substitute for BTech Biotechnology?
The students can also take Genetic Engr or BSc biotechnology.
How many semesters are there in the BTech Biotechnology course?
There are eight semesters in this course, and each semester is six months long.