BSW Admission 2023: BSW course stands for Bachelor of Social Work, a three-year undergraduate degree program. This course presents an excellent understanding of social work, social problems, and social administration. Candidates can undertake this course in Regular, Distance, and Online modes. The fees for this course are approx. INR 17,000 to INR 60,000. BSW admission eligibility is 12th passed with 45%.
Family education, science and technology, substance misuse and psychology in social work, humanities and social science, social problems and services, and fundamental principles of social psychology are some of the subjects covered in this course.
BSW Admission Latest Updates
- Kerala University will soon begin registration for BSW Course. Students will register themselves at @www.keralauniversity.ac.in.
- IGNOU MSW Admission is ongoing on the official website. Students can apply till 30 June 2023.
For social work programs, there are both full-time and remote learning alternatives. The best DDE universities in India, like IGNOU, provide distance-learning BSW programs. There are no standard requirements for BSW admittance; it can be earned through entry or merit, depending on the institution.
- The average BSW Admission fee starts from Rs 17,000 to Rs 60,000. Fees may vary based on program mode & University.
- The three main parts of the course include the foundation lesson, elective program, and fieldwork.
- A Bachelor of social work course in India is available in Hindi and English.
- Any graduate of BSW programs can seek a career as a researcher, social worker, NGO Treasurer, Educator & Administrator & more.
BSW Admission Highlights
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Entrance exam|
|Full-Form||Bachelor in Social Work|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 2,00,000/annum|
|Average Fees Incurred||Rs 17,000 to Rs 60,000.|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized board|
Why Pursue BSW Admission?
Here are some of why students take up BSW courses to develop their careers.
- You can analyze the social problems of India and make an effort to improve them.
- Students develop good communication skills and relate to people’s problems with social perceptions.
- Students can work and stay with families and groups as a part of their fieldwork and internship program during the course.
- Students can develop basic counselling skills through the course.
BSW Admission 2023
Humanities, Social Science, Social Work Principles, Psychology for Social Workers, Approaches in Social Work, Women Empowerment, Sexual Health Education, and other subjects are covered in the BSW program. BSW admissions are available at a number of institutions. This course is well-known at JMI New Delhi, IGNOU Delhi, and OU Hyderabad.
BSW provides education and training in social work. It assistances students understand social problems. The BSW has 3 primary elements, and they are:
- Elective Programs
- Foundation courses
- Practical work
BSW Admission Process 2023
The admission process of BSW is divided into two categories
- Lateral Entry: In this process, the student can get enrollment in the 2nd or 3rd year of BSW via a lateral entry in the different colleges of India.
- Direct Entry: Direct enrollment is done through the management quota or merit-based.
- A student having pass certificates in Class XII with min 40% or more is eligible for admission in this programme.
Type of BSW Cоurѕе
- Full Time: BSW is a full-time course.
- Part-Time/Online: It is also offered in distance education mode and completed in min 3 years to a max of 6 years.
Eligibility Criteria for BSW Admission
Students must match the following eligibility criteria in order to take admission for the 2023 academic session.
- The student should complete 10+2 from any recognized board.
- The minimum mark required for admission to the BSW programme is 50%.
- Any student who has a background in sociology, physiology, and more.
BSW Admission Fees
The average course fees for a Bachelor of social work course in India are:
- Course Fees- Rs 17,000 to Rs 60,000 annually.
- It entirely depends on the university or institution you take admitted into.
BSW Admission Scope & Jobs
Graduates of social work can pursue further education. There are also a variety of fieldwork jobs available. Students can become social educators, social workers, or project coordinators for non-governmental organizations that work to improve society.
Employment Sectors: Hospitals, Mental Hospitals, HR Departments, NGOs, HRM Agencies, Education Sectors, MNCs, Correction Cells, etc.
Jobs Offered: Social Worker, researcher, Teacher, Trainee Officer, Probation Officer, Counselor, Labour Welfare Officer, etc. A social worker can annually earn a salary of about INR 3 to 5 Lac.
BSW Syllabus 2023
|Introduction to Social Work||Introduction to Family Education||Introduction to HIV/AIDS|
|Social Work Intervention with Communities||Substance Abuse||Counselling|
|Social Work Intervention with Institutions||Humanities & Social Science||Methodology to Understand Social Reality|
|Basics & Emergence of Social Work||Science & Technology||Basic Concepts of Social Psychology|
|Psychology Concepts of Human Behaviour||Relevance of Psychology in Social Work||Introduction to Social Case Work|
|Field Work||Social Problems & Services||Contemporary Social Problems & Social Defense|
|Current Issues in Community & Organization||Approaches in Social Work||Empowerment of Women|
|Sexual Health Education||Factual Information of Substance Abuse, Relevance & Implications||Cognitive & Psychoanalytical Techniques|
|Role of NGOs||Developing Skills & Competencies for Intervention of Strategies||Cultural & Social Values in Family Life|