BSc Social Sciences Admission 2023-24: BSc Social Sciences is a 03 years undergraduate degree program. It consists of 06 semesters. BSc is a Bachelor of social science program. This course is structured systematically so that it gives an in-depth knowledge of different subjects of Social Sciences. students can learn the aspects of research methodology that help them to research new social theories.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science In Social Sciences
- Selection Process: Merit-based/Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% marks in the Science stream.
- Average Fee: Total fee for this course is 50,000 to 02 lakhs.
- Salary Offered: 02 to 04 lakhs per annum(LPA) offered to professionals.
- Top Recruiting Organizations: Lead consultant, Centre head, UNDP, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Economists, Instructional designers, Content editors, Social workers, etc.
Social politics and social economics are choice subjects in this course. After intermediate exams, successful students are applied for BSc. After this course, students work in health and growth development, social science, and NGO groups. After these courses, candidates can work in society.
BSc Social Sciences Admission Overview
|Course Name||BSc Social Sciences|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ based on the entrance exam|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science In Social Sciences|
|Duration||Course Duration is 3 Years.|
|Average Salary Offered||02 to 04 lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Average Fees Incurred||50,000 to 02 lakhs|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks in the Science stream|
BSc Social Sciences Admission 2023-24
- The admission for this course is based on the merit list of students provided by the university or Institute. Most of the students easily take their admissions in BSc.
- Social science students can get admission to BSc colleges in India. Delhi College, Maharashtra College, Chennai College, and Telangana are BSc colleges in India. They provide specialization to the students in different science subjects.
- BSc in Social Science is about understanding social issues and providing a solution for them. This social science course has a completing time span of 03 years.
- Social science is the science of society that includes observing the community, its inhabitants, their living, problems, etc. Community is the central part of human life, and if it is not managed correctly, then most of the processes in life are stopped. There are various phenomena in society, and this course provides scientific observation and solutions for that.
- Some teaching subjects are Gender Analysis, History of Social Work, Philosophy, Culture, Human Growth, the Rural Economy of India, Individuals, Computer Applications, and Educational Policies.
BSc Social Sciences Admission Eligibility
- As in all bachelor courses, it also has eligibility criteria. The admission criteria are such that it requires at least 50-55% marks in higher secondary education.
- There may be a relaxation in the percentage for reserved category candidates.
- The Azim Premji University, Bhogawati Mahavidyala, etc., are some of the colleges to study social science.
- As usual different academies demand different fee charges, the however average fee is INR 50,000 to 02 lakhs.
BSc Social Sciences Admission Fee Structure
The normal fees of the B.Sc Social Sciences course in India are 50,000 to 02 lakhs.
BSc Social Sciences Admission Entrance Exams
Colleges that offer B.SC admissions take the entrance exams. While some universities like AZIM PREMJI University take an entrance test before admission.
- CEE AMPAI Masters (PG) Exam
- Dravidian University Common Entrance Test (DUCET)
- DAVV Common Entrance Test (DAVV CET)
- Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET)
The annual income of social science graduates varies in the range of 02 to 04 lakhs per annum(LPA).
The top job appointments are Social Worker, Sociologist, Content Author, Economist, Anthropologist, Data Collection Officer, and Social Coordinator.
Such jobs can be sought in various social, financial, economic, hospitals, NGOs, academics, and other government or private sectors. Educational institutes and academies are also an option where these can be employed.
BSc Social Sciences Admission Course Types
Political science, Economics, physiology, and sociology are the main courses in BSc.
BSc Social Sciences Admission Syllabus
|History and Philosophy of Social Work||Community Organization / Work II|
|Human Growth and Development||Social Work Methods Laboratory III|
|Gender Analysis||Social Welfare Administration|
|Society: Structure, Culture and Change I||Non-Farm Sector and Rural Poor|
|Environment and Development||Quantitative Research Methods in Social Work|
|Introduction to Computer Applications I||Life Skills IV|
|Language I: English Proficiency||Any three of the following Optional Courses:|
|Life Skills I||a) Agriculture and Allied Activities II b) Education: Skills c) Health: Skills d) Child Rights e) Disability|
|Social Work Methods Laboratory I||vi) Social Accountability and Rural Development|
|Rural Economy of India||Human Rights|
|Society: Structure, Culture and Change II||Social Action, Movements and Campaigns|
|Working with Individuals and Families||Management of Non-Governmental Organizations|
|Working with Groups||Law and Social Work I|
|Community Organization/Work I||Qualitative Research Methods in Social Work|
|Life Skills II||Communication and Analytical Skills|
|Introduction to Computer Applications II||Integrated Social Work Practice|
|Social Work Methods Laboratory II||Social Work Seminar|
|Political Economy of Rural Development||Law and Social Work II|
|Agriculture and Allied Activities I||Social Harmony and Conflict|
|Education: Policies and Programs||Information Technology for Rural Development|
|Health: Policies and Programs||Disaster Management|
|Local Self Governance: Policies and Programs||Development Communication|
|Language II: Creative Literature||Training Methodology and Management|