BSc IT Admission 2023: BSc Information Technology is a 3-year undergraduate degree course of science that focus on software, databases, and networking and teaches students practical aspects of the process, management, and storing information. BSc full form is Bachelor of Science in Information technology. The eligibility criteria for this course are 10+2 with passed with 50% and must be in PCM(Physics, Chemistry, Maths) stream.
Universities take admission on the basis of entrance based and some merit-based. The average fee range of a Bsc it course is 1 lakh to 4 lakhs. The Starting salary package of the student is 2 lakhs to 6 Lakhs per annum depending upon the university. Universities offer this course through Regular, Online, and Distance modes. The Career Scope for a Bsc IT student is to become Application Programmer and Hardware and Networking engineer and many more.
- The LPU admission entrance exam date has been released for BSc IT. Apply before 30 April 2023. Click here
- UPES has started admission for the 2023 session for BSc programme. The last date to apply for UPES Application form is 25 April 2023. Apply here
- Manav Rachna University has released the admission form for session 2023-34. The last date to fill out the application form was 21 April 2023.
BSc IT Highlights
|Admission Process||Based on counseling after qualification of entrance exams.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 lakhs to 6 Lakhs per annum|
|BSc IT Course Fees||INR 1 lakh to 4 lakhs|
|Study Mode||Regular, Distance/Online|
|Eligibility||10+2 with science subjects|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
BSc IT Admission 2023
BSc IT is an undergraduate education course admission will be based on merit and entrance exam. University has started taking admission. The course provides learning about information and technology. The following points are mentioned below.
- Software development is the basic idea of developing discipline.
- BSc IT students will aim to secure, manage, and process information on any institution or sector.
- The students will get chances as a programmer, IT specialists, software analysts, and so on in different sectors.
What is the BSc Information Technology?
The course will guide students in the right direction for achieving the best possible results in the entrance exam as well as the admissions process. The course level is for undergraduates pursuing a graduate degree. The course has a three-year duration. These years are separated into sections in order to complete the entire course.
Bachelor of Science is abbreviated as BSc. Basic to advanced programming and hardware are covered in the BSc IT program. It’s about learning how to process data. It’s about how to link data from two different platforms. Students will be better prepared for software testing and programming skills as a result of this. Hardware will also be taught to the learner.
BSc IT Eligibility
Every institute has a criterion to be met. All institutes differ at some points. Applicants must fill in the following criteria:
- Students must have an educational qualification of 10+2 from any recognized board.
- The minimum collective merit score is 50% marks.
- The main subjects in background education must be physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
BSc IT Entrance Exams
Here are some names of the entrance exams for the admission procedure of various colleges and institutions.
- CG PAT
- IIT JAM
- Pantnagar University Entrance Exam
- ICAR AIEEA
GSAT: The full form of GSAT is General Science Admission Test. The exam is organized by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management University for admission to various UG and PG-level technical courses.
CG PAT: CG stands for Chattisgarh while PAT is the short form of the Pre-Agriculture Test. This exam is conducted for admission to agriculture and Horticulture courses.
If you want to get admission to colleges abroad, then you will have to appear in different entrance exams. The concerned college or university determines it.
BSc Information Technology Syllabus 2023
The course covers a wide range of subjects. It started with technical communication skills. The course ends with a lot of technical and practical knowledge. There are 6 semesters in 3 years. Each semester has 4 subjects and practicals. Students develop small applications during the course. In the end, students also develop a project. That project is based on all of your knowledge.
Languages like C+, Java, C++, and Oracle are taught to students. A student will be able to develop his/her web application. Students also develop different devices.
Some of the subjects of the curriculum are:
- Technical Communication Skill
- Web Programming
- Networking and Internet Environment
- Problem-Solving Methodologies and Programing in C
- Computer Organization and architecture
- Programming with Java
- Network Technology and Administration
- Content Management system using Joomla
- Operating Concepts with Linux/ Unix
- Advanced Java Programming
- Network Management and Information Security
BSc Information Technology Scope & Jobs
Information technology is an ever-growing field. The scope of IT is increasing day by day all over the world. Graduates in IT can do M.Sc. IT later on. The highly demanding field has higher vacancies. After completing the BSc IT Course, Students are able to get jobs in the government or private Sector. Candidates with BSc IT degrees are able to get jobs in reputed profiles Programmer, System Engineer, System Analyst, Information Architect, Quality Analyst, Web Designer & Developer, and Maintenance Technician. After passing out with a graduate degree in BSc IT, the candidate will be able to earn a decent salary every month.
BSc IT Salary
BSc IT Salary depends on the job type and quality of aspirants. The students will be able to get job positions as per the company’s choices. In India, the average starting salary is from Rs. 2 lakhs to 6 Lakhs per annum. The amount of salary will increase after a few years of working. It will be around 8 to 10 lakhs per annum in top job sectors.
BSc IT Job Opportunities
After passing out successfully with the degree BSc IT students can apply for jobs in the software industry. The jobs are like:
- Software Developer
- Oracle PL/SQL developer
- Graphic designer
- There are also other designations like a lecturer, teacher, and research persons.
Best BSc IT Colleges/University
It is essential to know that the institutions matter to get the best chances for recruitment. Various institutions in India offer the best faculty, library, and other resources to the students to study BSc IT. Some of the institutions are here:
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Kodaikanal Christian College, Kodaikanal
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Rai University, Ahmedabad
- RIMT University, Punjab
- St Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore
- Jai Hind College, Mumbai
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
There are other institutions apart from these. One can also opt for studying abroad. Always take details of the institutions before starting with the admission procedure. Otherwise, you might miss any details.
More Courses List
- BSc BIOTECHNOLOGY
- BSc MICROBIOLOGY
- BSc ELECTRONICS
- BSc BIOCHEMISTRY
- BSc PSYCHOLOGY
- BSc INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- BSc STATISTICS
- BSc ECONOMICS
- BSc GEOGRAPHY