BSc In Medical Record Technology Admission 2023-24: BSc in medical record technology is a 03 years full-time undergraduate degree program. It consists of 06 semesters. This course teaches students about billing methods, healthcare record management, and medical office software. The graduates of this discipline work with doctors due to the presence of the record of patients. The health sector offers jobs to graduates of medical record technology. The Indira Gandhi Technological & Medical Sciences University is the best for the B.Sc in Medical Record Technology courses.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science In Medical Record Technology
- Selection Process: Merit-Based/Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50-55% marks in Science Stream
- Average Fee: 2 Lakh to 4 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 4 to 6 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organizations: HLL Lifecare Limited, Fortis Hospital, AIIMS, Max hospitals.
- Top Recruiting Areas: Radiology Clinics, Diagnostic Centres, Doctor’s Offices, Educational & Research Institutes, Nursing Homes, Medical writing
- Top Job Profiles: Medical Coder, Health information technician, X-ray Technician, Radiographer, Image research assistant
BSc in Medical Record Technology Admission Overview
|Course Name||B.Sc in Medical Record Technology|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based, merit-based|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science In Medical Record Technology|
|Duration||Course Duration is 3 Years.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 4 to 6 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Average Fees Incurred||2 Lakh to 4 Lakhs|
|Eligibility||10+2 (equivalent) with a minimum of 50-55% in the main Science subjects|
Bsc In Medical Record Technology Admission 2023-24
- The admission process of this program is transparently conducted through entrance tests at national and state levels. B.Sc medical record technology is about record-keeping through the computer. This course design as the health sector strengthened because patients’ medical record helps doctors treat the patients. BSc in Medical Record Technology or MRT is complete in a time duration of 03 years. It focuses on collecting the data or record of a patient.
- This data or record can include the patient’s name, gender, health status, medication, age, instructions to the nursing staff, etc. These records help doctors to find the best cure for the patient and manage the hospital. If the records are proper, then treatment is continued with the best curing facility. None of the medical hospitals can work efficiently if the documents are not appropriate. Hence this course aims at providing all the knowledge relevant to this work.
- Some important subjects are Medical Record Terminology, Basics of Medicine, Basic Human Science, Medical Record Science, Computer Applications, General and Hospital Statistics, Medical Record Science, Hospital Management, etc.
- One can find a job position as a Medical Record Technician, Billing Professional, Front Desk Receptionist, Accountant, and many relevant posts.
- These jobs offer from Nursing homes, Rural Health Center, Government Hospitals, NGOs, Community Health Centers, Private Clinics, etc.
Bsc In Medical Record Technology Admission Eligibility
- The eligibility criteria of colleges to provide BSc MRT is to have 10+2 or equivalent. In 10+2, minimum marks of 50-55% need from a recognized board.
- Every college of India that is offering B.Sc MRT admission is merit-based. There may have some requirements to pass an entrance exam.
Bsc In Medical Record Technology Admission Fee Structure
The average fees charged for B.Sc medical record technology in India are comparatively low than other programs. The fee charges are ranging from 2 Lakh to 4 Lakhs for the complete program.
Bsc In Medical Record Technology Admission Entrance Exam
The following are the main entrance tests conducted for this degree.
- GIPE B.Sc Entrance Exam
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
Salary Packages In India
By working in any of the sectors, MRT graduates can secure a salary of about INR 4 to 6 Lakhs per annum(LPA).
Types Of Courses
- Full-Time: This course offers to the students on a full-time basis.
- Part_Time/Online: There is no policy of running this course on a part-time/online basis.
Bsc In Medical Record Technology Admission Syllabus
|Communicative English||Medical Coding|
|Computer Application||Hospital Statistics|
|Basic Human Sciences||Hospital Information System|
|Health Insurance||General Statistics and Biostatistics|
|MLC||National Programmes and Data Sharing|
|Essentials of Health Insurance||Project Work/Dissertation|
|Introduction to Medical Record Science|
Suggested University for Bsc In Medical Record Technology Admission
|University Name||State||Type of University|
|Ganpat University Admission||Gujarat||Private University|
|GLS University Admission||Gujarat||Private University|
|Gokul Global University Admission||Gujarat||Private University|
|GSFC University Admission||Gujarat||Private University|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University Admission||Gujarat||State University|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: What is the scope of a Medical record technician?
Answer: After completing BSc MRT a graduate can work in various profiles in hospitals, Nursing homes and etc. They can join as Medical record technicians, MRI Technicians and CAT Technologists Radiology Assistants, Radiographers, Radiology Technicians, radiologists, Ultrasound Technologists, sonographers, etc.