BSc In Geology Course Admission 2023-24: BSc geology is a 03 years undergraduate degree course. It is divided into 06 semesters. This course includes the study of earth science. The course is mainly focused on the earth, minerals, rocks, and their compositions and processes them. Universities provide this course in Regular as well as in Online Mode.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Selection Process: Merit/Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50-60% marks in Science Stream from a recognized university.
- Universities: Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University Rajasthan and MGSI Ahmedabad are famous BSc Geology Colleges for this program.
- Average Fee: Total fee structure is INR 01 Lakh- 03 Lakhs.
- Salary Offered: INR 04 – 05 lakhs Per year(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organizations: GAIL, ONGC, Geological Survey of India (GSI), Coal India, ISRO, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Hindustan Zinc Ltd.
- Top Job Profiles: Geologist, Seismologist, Hydrogeologist, Mine Supervisor, Petroleum Geologist, Paleontologist, Earth Science Teacher, etc.
Also, you can study minerals and their physical and chemical properties, water supplies, and their processes and reactions. After completing a BSc in Geology, the Higher studies are MSc in Geology, MA in Geology, MBA, and M.Phil. Geology, and other PGD courses.
Overview of BSc in Geology Course Admission
|Course Name||BSc in Geology|
|Age||Between 17 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Minimum 50% marks|
|Subject required||Physics, chemistry, mathematics|
|Average Fees incurred||INR 01 Lakh- 03 Lakhs|
|Average salary offered||In India, INR 04 – 05 lakhs Per year(LPA) salary can archive|
BSc In Geology Course Admission 2023-24
- BSc in Geology is a three-year program that is offered at the Bachelor’s level. It is approved by UGC and provided in full-time/regular mode.
- The science of geology is concerned with the study of rocks and minerals. It provides in-depth knowledge of rock formation and changes in the shape of solids/rocks. The program aims for the utilization of stones into useful things by adopting different techniques.
- BSc in Geology syllabus concentrates on the study of Physical Geology, Structural Geology, Paleontology, Stratigraphy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Exploration Geology, Hydro-geology, etc.
- India has excellent networks of rocks and minerals. In the nation, this course has a lot of potential. BSc in Geology is offered at various colleges.
- IGNOU is offering BSc in Geology in distance mode.
Eligibility Criteria of BSc In Geology Course Admission
- BSc in Geology Course admission seeker must complete 10+2 education with at least 50% marks.
- Students can take the BSc in Geology Course Admission is given on a merit/entry test score basis.
Fee Structure of BSc In Geology Course Admission
- The tuition fee charged for BSc in Geology is between INR 01 Lakh- 03 Lakhs.
BSc In Geology Course Admission Entrance Exams
Nevertheless, a few institutes shortlisted students based on their results in their entrance examinations. If you fail the entrance exam, then you cannot get enrolled in the course.
Bsc In Geology Course Admission Process 2023
- You can collect the application from either the website of the university or from the admissions office.
- In keeping with the admission process, candidates may also apply for entrance exams carried out by the respective universities and colleges.
- As an applicant, you have to fill out the necessary information.
- Candidates must also ensure that they meet with the minimum necessary marks in the Educational Eligibility Criteria.
How to Apply
- You should apply with essential information to the preferred university admission site.
- The website system generates a specific password and ID after submission.
- The university you want to take admission to needs a professional entry test.
- The successful candidate will call for an interview with the university him/her after passing the exam.
- Pay the fees.
- Candidate’s registration allows college or university.
Bsc In Geology Course Admission University & Fees
|Yogi Vemana University||3 years||34825|
|Krishna University||3 years||34425|
|KREA University||3 years||34400|
|Gauhati University||3 years||35400|
|Dibrugarh University||3 years||35375|
|Cotton College State University||3 years||35325|
|Arunachal University of Studies||3 years||35875|
|Apex Professional University, Pasighat||3 years||35850|
BSc in Geology Best College in India
The following table will provide you with a brief idea of a B.Sc. in Geology Best College in India, its location, and Average Annual Fees in INR. These are as follows.
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Dibrugarh University||Dibrugarh, Assam||20,000|
|M. G. Science Institute||Ahmedabad, Gujarat||18,000|
|Assabah Science and Arts College||Malappuram, Kerala||1,12,000|
|M. E. S Ponnani College||Ponnani, Kerala||67,800|
|Himalayan University||Arunachal Pradesh||48,000|
|Sree Narayana College||Cherthala, Kerala||5,310|
- Read books and articles related to the course before you start because it will help you to remember things easily.
- Also, find any helpful books.
- Make a study plan. You should follow the study plan because it will be a daily plan and can archive good marks in exams.
Why should I choose BSc in Geology Course?
Geology is a field of many disciplines, such as mineral sciences, petrology, and so on. You can choose any sub-category according to your choice.
Excellently-trained scientists are currently in shortage, and demand increases. If you want to learn science and respect for the earth, you are intrigued by the climate, and you want to work outside, consider geology. But you should not choose this course if you are not interested. So you can go for another course.
BSc In Geology Course Admission Syllabus
|Mineral Science||Structural Geology|
|Communicative English||Environmental Science|
|Earth System Science||Elements of Geochemistry|
|Sedimentary Petrology||Stratigraphic Principles and Indian Stratigraphy|
|Igneous Petrology||Metamorphic Petrology|
|Field Work-I||Field Work-II|
|Geomorphology||Remote Sensing and GIS|
|Economic Geology||Engineering Geology|
|Elective- 2||Elective -4|
|Elective -1||Elective -3|
Averagely a geologist can earn a salary between INR 04 – 05 lakhs Per year(LPA). These graduates’ employment areas are schools, colleges, oil companies, universities, research labs, and other public/private sectors related to geology.
Job profiles for such grads are Geologist, Teacher, Tutor, Soil Scientist, Technical Analyst, Marketing Assistant, etc.
Type BSc in Geology
Some universities offer distance education for these courses also you don’t like to study online can go to the lectures at the university.