BSc (Hons) Physics Admission 2023-24: BSc (Hons) physics is a 03 years undergraduate degree course in Physics. It consists of 06 semesters. Physics is the branch of science apprehensive about the nature and properties of material and energy. This course includes the waves, vibrations, materials, energy, and force. This course is offered in Regular Mode. Some institutes also offer this BSc course in distance/off-campus modes. The BSc (Hons) Physics is designed to provide scientists and professionals in the field of physical science.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science Hons in Physics.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum of 50% of marks in Physics.
- Top Colleges: DU Dibrugarh and DC Ranchi are most known for providing this BSc (Hons) program.
- Average Fee: INR 02 Lakhs – 05 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: 15K to 3 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Areas: Aviation Industry Astronomy, Engineering firms, ICS, Hospitals, Power Generating companies, Cryptography, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Aerodynamic Specialist, Teacher, Lab Supervisor, Research Associate, Radiologist, Assistant Scientist, Technician, etc.
BSc (Hons) Physics Admission Highlights
|Level of course||Graduate|
|Duration of course||Three years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with a minimum of 50% of marks in Physics|
|Type of Examination||semester|
|Process of admission||Merit-based|
|Average Fee||02 Lakhs – 05 Lakhs|
|Salary offered||15K to 03 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Top Companies||Institute of Materials and Minerals Technology, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Defense Research and Development Organization,|
|subjects||Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics|
BSc (Hons) Physics Admission 2023-24
- BSc (Hons) Physics admission seeker must complete 10+2 education.
- A minimum of 50% marks aggregate in 10+2 is necessary for filling out the application form.
- Admissions to BSc (Hons) Physics are mostly entry test based.
- Enrollments are also offered on a merit basis.
- The average tuition fee for this BSc (Hons) course is between 02 and 05 lakhs.
BSc (Hons) Physics Salary offered to a physicist is ranging b/w INR 15K to 03 Lac per annum(LPA).
After completing a BSc, students can pursue further education in physics. MSc Physics and M.Phil Physics are higher studies after completing graduation in Physics. Physics is the science that studies the properties of energy and matter in nature. In simple words, physics is dealing with the physical properties of any material/matter.
The material of physics includes magnetism, sound, heat, mechanics, light, and other radiation, and the structure of atoms. B.Sc. (Hons.) physics degree course covers the lessons of a large collection of the phenomenon, from the negligible sub-atomic particles to the biggest galaxies.
It also includes the study of topics such as Vibrations, Physics of Materials, and Wave Optics apart from different Physics practicals. Mathematics, Mechanics Chemistry, Fluid Physics, Material Physics, Plasma, Electromagnetic, Thermodynamics, and Dynamic Physics are some of the most focused subjects of the BSc (Hons) Physics syllabus.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or the corresponding examination in Science flow with at least 50% marks protected in Physics subject.
- The students can take BSc (Hons) Physics admission easily and have a minimum of 50% marks in science subjects. In other words, Hardworking students can easily take admitted to this course.
Why Choose BSc (Hons) Physics?
- BSc (Hons) Physics graduates can pursue careers in financial services, IT and consultancy, and utilities.
- Upon completion of this degree, one may pursue additional studies in this field such as M.Phil., M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in Physics, which qualify one for the position of a lecturer in any university.
- A person who completes this course can become a school teacher later than it and a lecturer after finishing a master’s degree.
BSc (Hons) Physics Admission Entrance exams
JEE, JEE-Main has to pass. As mentioned above that this course is divided into six semesters. The duration of the Physics course is three years. There is a two-semester in one year. In other words, we can complete one semester in six months. UGC approves BSc (Hons) Physics. Various general/science institutes of the country are advertising their admissions every year.
Types of BSc (Hons) Physics
BSc (Hons) Physics is an undergraduate course. Offer full-time. No part-time. We can start this course after passing the 12th class. The marks should be 50% or above so, we can take admission to BSc (Hons) Physics course easily. This course is not lengthy. The duration of the Physics course is only three years. After three years, we can get started in a beautiful career with this degree.
BSc (Hons) Physics Admission Fees in India
Students who are willing to take BSc (Hons.) physics admission but are confused about the fee structure. Here in this section, we are providing an estimated fee structure for some popular universities across India. Generally, the fee demanded by the colleges or universities for BSc (Hons.) in Physics is variable from 90 thousand to 05 Lacs approx.
University Fee of BSc (Hons) Physics Admission 2023-24
|T.M. University||3 years||26375|
|Sandip University||3 years||26350|
|Rajendra Agricultural University||3 years||26325|
|Purnea University||3 years||26300|
|Patna University||3 years||26250|
|Patliputra University||3 years||26275|
Here is about the Salaries in India
After completing BSc (Hons) Physics degree, the first thing that comes to mind is the placements and annual package. So here is the general idea about the salary or annual package. You can earn up to 15000 to 300000 per month depending on the institution you are joining.
BSc (Hons) Physics Admission Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|2||Mathematical Physics I|
|5||Linear & Digital Integrated Circuits & Instruments|
|6||Electricity & Magnetism|
|7||Physics Lab. I|
|1||Digital, Microprocessor & Computer Lab.|
|2||Mathematical Physics II|
|3||Physics Lab. II|
|4||Vibrations & Wave Optics|
|5||Computer Fundamentals and Programming|
|6||Quantum Mechanics and Nuclear Physics|
|2||Mathematical Physics III|
|4||Physics Lab. III & IV|
|5||Physics of Materials|
|6||Any one of the following|
|a) Modern Chemistry|
|7||Electronic Devices: Physics and Applications|
After the successful end of this course, students can begin their careers in many job areas. They can start their career with Technical Journals, Astronomy, Research, and Development Firms. Students can also start careers in Aviation Industry, Pyrotechnics Manufacturers, Colleges, and Power Generating Companies.
You can also get a job in Government Sector. There are various areas including Regional Research Laboratories and the Centre for Liquid Crystal Research. Apart from it, you can build a beautiful career in other job areas such as Uranium Corporation of India Limited Defense Research & Development Organization and National Physical Laboratory.
Course Preparation Tips BSc (Hons) Physics Admission
- Find the books and highlight the important points you read.
- Study and practice the questions.
BSc (Hons) Physics Admission Process
- The admission process for BSc (Hons) Physics course in on merit-based. Hard worker students can take admission easily.
- Although, it is based on the candidate’s marks in the entrance exam, for example, classes 10th and 12th.
- Although, a merit list is prepared, based on which seats are awarded to the shortlisted students.
How to Apply
- You can find an application online.
- Then after submission of the application pay the course fees.