BSc Admission 2023: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) is 3 years Undergraduate-level course focused on developing an understanding of applying scientific principles through theoretical and practical mediums. This course is ideal for those who completed their 10+2 with PCB/PCM with 50% marks or more from a recognized board. This degree program is available in a wide range of disciplines such as computer science, agriculture, food technology, chemistry, physics, biology, microbiology, anthropology, and many more.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science(BSc)
- Selection Process: Merit or Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 (Maths and/or Biology as core subjects) with a minimum of 50% from any recognized board.
- Average Fee: INR 20,000- 2.5 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 3 Lac to 10 Lakhs per year(LPA)
- Course Mode: BSc is also available in various modes like online, regular, or distance education
- Top Recruiting Organizations: TCS, HCL, IBM, Wipro, Yahoo, L&T, Amazon, Capgemini
- Top Job Profiles: Scientist, Research Associate, Professor, Lab Chemist, Statistician, Ecologist, Computer programmer, Software Developer, etc.
B.Sc. course enables the students to develop scientific understanding through theoretical and practical exposure. Admittance to this course is given through both merit and entrance tests. There are a number of universities that offer B.Sc. to students.
BSc Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science (BSc)|
|BSc Specialization||Botany, Digital Media, Economics,|
|Electronics, Environmental Science, Fire, and Safety,|
|Geography, Geology, Hardware & Networking,|
|Home Science, Physics, Microbiology, Hotel Management Tourism,|
|Jewellery Design, Mass Communication,|
|Medical Laboratory Technology, Multimedia, Agriculture,|
|Physical Sciences, Psychology, Telecommunication,|
|Software Engineering, IT, Etc.|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|BSc Eligibility||12th (Science Stream) or Equivalent With a Recognized Board|
|Admission Process||Merit/Entrance Result/Direct Admission|
|Age Criteria||No Age Criteria For this B.Sc Course|
|Admission Month||March to August|
|Course Type||Science/Bachelor’s Degree|
|Approx Fees||Rs 25 K to 3.5 Lacs that depend on the Specialization|
|Employment Area||Schools, Colleges, Universities, Institutes,|
|Top Hiring Companies||NASA, ISRO, Bhabha|
|Job Type||Biochemist, Hardware and Network Etc.|
|Approx Salary Package||INR 22K to 5 Lakh|
BSc Admission 2023 Latest Updates
- BSc admission is available among a variety of institutions and universities. The most popular BSc is from IIT Madras.
- CUET 2023 for BSc admission will take place between 21 May and 31 May 2023. The tentative dates for the examination have been released by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The entrance registration for BSc Admission 2023 is now open at PES University. Admission for BSc programs will close on 9 July 2023, which is the last date for applying.
- BSc admission 2023 registration is open for PES University. The last date for BSc admission for the academic session 2023 is 09 July 2023. Students can apply.
- Uttarakhand Open University has started its registration process for the BSc Course. Students can apply for the registration form till 31 March 2023.
Why study a BSc Course?
Here are a few justifications for why students must study bachelor of science courses.
- A BSC program provides basic knowledge about the major subjects in science, with both practical and theoretical components.
- There are various subject options that students can take up after the completion of the course.
- Many students prefer higher education and opt for MSc courses.
- Top companies like Google, Microsoft, and more hire fresh BSC graduates to work under their wing.
What is a BSc or Bachelor of Science?
The degree focused on developing student’s practical skills. The course prepares students to adapt to theories of science. The course is basically about Science. That’s why students are taught in the field of science. The course develops a higher level of understanding. Using critical analysis, creative thinking, and implementation of scientific theories. This knowledge would help in solving different scientific problems.
The course involves the study of subjects like Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. It also covers maths subjects. The course provides deep knowledge and understanding of the science domain. The laboratory practice allows students to apply laws effectively. Advanced study after completing BSc is MSc, MBA, MA, and other PG diplomas.
BSc admission has practical work of theories that provide more understanding of science. When students reach the second year of BSc they are allowed to select their 3 desired domains. Students are allowed to choose 1 laboratory in the 2nd year of the degree. In the 3rd year of BSc, the student proceeds with the subjects they selected. Laboratory practices let the students experience the theories practically. The average annual income generated by a BSc professional is ranging from INR 3 Lac to 10 Lakhs per year.
BSc Admission 2023
Bachelor of science is a three-year undergraduate degree program for students after completing a higher secondary examination in India. The course is best for students who are looking for a science and looking for systematic solutions. It comes with many specializations like Physics, Zoology, Botany & more. . The course involves both practical and theoretical ways of learning.
For BSc admission, one needs to be aware of the criteria, selection process, and other rounds that take place after the application process. After submitting the form, one will have to appear for the entrance exam if the university conducts the admission through entrance test performance. The students are selected through the tests such as CUCET, NEST, AGRICET, OUAT, and many more for BSc Admission. Almost all the universities provide the application online; students need to apply to the particular university and entrance exam separately.
IGNOU BSc Admission
IGNOU offers BSc admission for the January Session 2022, and the last date to enroll has been extended to 30 March 2022. Generally, the university takes admission to this course twice a year, from the January and July sessions. Those who are interested in IGNOU B.Sc Admission 2022 can apply by visiting the university’s website- ignou.ac.in.
In general, aspirants should have studied science subjects at 10+2 with science subjects from a reputed Education board. The students are admitted to the IGNOU B.Sc course through merit only. The university allows students to fill out the form online for the application process. They need to pay the sum of Rs.200/- as the application fee for the same.
Subharti University BSc Admission
Subharti University has released the application form for BSc admission. Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) is an undergraduate course that takes 3 years to be completed. Those who want to seek admission to this program can fill out the application form online. For this, one should reach out to the university’s official portal.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) is available with a variety of specialisations at Subharti University. First and foremost, aspirants should have passed the 10+2 exam with the science subjects to seek entry to the B.Sc course. Subharti University has a B.Sc course covering the disciplines such as Computer Science, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Home Science, Interiors Design, and many more. Aspirants who have secured at least 50% marks with PCB/PCM subjects at 10+2 shall be eligible to get admitted to B.Sc offered by Subharti University. For the reserved category, it is 40% marks or above.
IPU BSc Admission
BSc admission to the IPU University for the educational year 2022-23 has been started. The last date for registration for IPU BSc admission is 30 April 2022. The university has announced that they will conduct an entrance exam that will be necessary to appear for students aspiring for IPU BSc Admission.
The minimum eligibility requirement listed by the university for BSc admission is that the applicant should have completed their 12th class or an equivalent study from a recognized board or institution.
Amity University BSc Admission
Amity University allows students to fill out the online application form till 15 March 2022. Students can enroll for a B.Sc course by visiting the official site of the university.
To enlighten the students with scientific knowledge, students are offered a B.Sc academic program at Amity University. There are various scientific disciplines such as marine science, forensic science, food science, agriculture, forestry, and wildlife, etc. Eligibility criteria and aptitude test scores will decide admission to these programmes. First and foremost, students should have scored 10+2 with 50% marks (or more) from non-medical or medical streams.
Some of the Medical related disciplines include marine science, biochemistry, nutrition, and dietetics. To seek entry to these disciplines, one will require a medical stream (PCB). On the other hand, non-medical fields like mathematics, actuarial science, nuclear science and technology, and geoinformatics will need non-medical streams (PCM) to apply for that specific course.
Other than this, the program fee varies differently depending on the opted specializations under B.Sc. Other factors such as facilities, ranking, and infrastructure influence the fee structure of all the offered programs.
The average fee structure to join the BSc course in India is-
Course Fees- INR 20,000- 2.5 Lakhs annually. (Depending upon the institution).
BSc Admission: Eligibility Criteria
Here are the criteria that students must meet for BSc admission in India:
- Students must clear their 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized board of education. However, the minimum aggregate may vary depending on the college.
- The student must study physics, chemistry, mathematics or physics, biology, chemistry in their 10+2 examination to join the BSc course.
- In general, there is no age bar restriction to join a BSc course.
BSc Admission: Entrance Exam
BSc courses are offered by various colleges in India. Admission to BSc courses is based on merits, but some top institutions require applicants to clear National, state, and institute level qualifying examinations. Some of the entrance examination boards are OUAT, UPCATET, AGRICET, GSAT, ICAR AIEEA, CUET, PUBDET, etc.
The entrance examinations are conducted by universities, national and state boards. Applicants must pay an application fee to be allowed for the examination. The application fees are different. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to check the application fee before applying for the examination.
BSc Admission: Specializations
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc General): Bachelor of science provides both pieces of knowledge as well as theoretical and practical about different areas. a general student can learn in main science subjects like physics, chemistry, and biology.
- B.Sc Botany: Bachelor of Science in Botany is an undergraduate Botany course. Botany course provides education in the field of plant life. Botany, plant science, or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life.
- B.Sc Hons Botany: B.Sc. or Bachelor of Science in Botany Honours is an undergraduate Botany course. This course offered knowledge regarding plants, the function of their parts, their places of growth, and their classification.
- BSc Digital Marketing: Students who are interested in learning the fundamentals of Digital Marketing at the UG level can pursue the BSc Digital Marketing course. The course enables one to get a basic salary of Rs 24,000 to Rs 46,000 per month.
- B.Sc Digital Media: B.Sc or Bachelor of Science in digital media is an undergraduate Animation and Multimedia course.
- B.Sc Economics: Bachelor of Science in Economics is a 3 Years undergraduate economics course that provides knowledge of social science that analyzes the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- B.Sc Electronics: B.Sc or Bachelor of Science in Electronics is an undergraduate electronics course. This course offers education on electronic circuits, transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits.
- B.Sc (Electronics & Communication): Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication course; this course provides knowledge in the field of electronics and communications devices that use small amounts of power like fiber optics, microcontrollers, etc.
- B.Sc Environmental Science: It is a graduation course in environmental science, the minimum qualification for this is 12th with a science stream or equivalent degree.
- B.Sc Fire and Safety: In this program, students can learn the knowledge related to the fire and safety field, and after this course, they will have many career opportunities.
- BSc Computer Science: BSc Computer Science is the most popular specialization of the science stream, with three years of minimum duration. Students can take Admission BSc Computer Science, After 12th with science stream through the reorganized board. The basic topic of BSc Computer Science software engineering, cyber security, data science, and artificial intelligence.
BSc Course Syllabus
|Applied Biology II|
|Australia’s Bio-Physical Environment|
|Food for a Healthy Planet|
|Cell and Tissue Biology for Agriculture and Veterinary Science|
|Genes, Cells & Evolution|
|Global Challenges in Biology|
|Cells to Organisms|
|General, Organic & Biological Chemistry|
|Introduction to Software Engineering|
|Introduction to Research Practices – The Big Issues|
|Planet Earth: The Big Picture|
|Principles of Food Preservation|
|Geographical Information and Data Analysis|
|Environment & Society|
|Introduction to Information Systems|
|Calculus & Linear Algebra I|
|Advanced Calculus & Linear Algebra I|
|Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Advanced Multivariate Calculus & Ordinary Differential Equations|
|Mechanics & Thermal Physics I|
|Electromagnetism and Modern Physics|
|Physical Basis of Biological Systems|
|Introduction to Psychology: Minds, Brains, and Behavior|
|Introduction to Psychology: Developmental, Social & Clinical Psychology|
|Psychological Research Methodology I|
|Theory & Practice in Science|
|One Health: Animals, the Environment and Human Disease|
|Animal and Veterinary Biology|
BSc Admission: Scope & Future
After completing a BSc, the students will get a respectful job in the government sector for the posts like Technical Writer, Scientific Assistant, Research Analyst, and many more fields are open like UPSC, SSC & Government Banks. Students can pursue MSc., MBA for Higher studies. Reputed organizations like ISRO and DRDO hired some students to work as research fellows.
BSc graduates can make their careers in areas like agricultural, chemical industry, Biotechnology firms, Aquariums, Educational institutes, Food institutes, and other public/private institutes. Teacher, Drug Safety Associate, Quality analysts, researcher, chemist, taxonomist, science adviser, ecologist, etc., are job profiles for BSc degree holders.
What After B.Sc?
B.Sc is the graduation program, and once students complete this program can opt for higher-level education as only B.Sc will not give students a better option for jobs. Some good options after completing B.Sc are M.Sc, MCA, MBA, Data Science, Machine learning, and Management. These courses are well researched for the job perspective of the students. Students should complete their master’s degree because this can upgrade their job roles, and also, career upliftment is a must once you complete your course for which you invested time and money.
BSc Course in India
Bachelor of science is a common course in India studied by thousands of students. There are various career scopes for studying BSC like laboratory technician, research scientist, biochemist, food scientist, Forensic Pathologists, Ecologist, Computer programmer, Software Developer, and many more. Top companies like Yahoo, Accenture, Amazon, Cipla, Capgemini, Wipro, and many more hire fresh BSc graduates.
- Agricultural Research Centers
- Botanical Survey
- Biotechnology Firms
- Clinical Research Organization
- Farm Management Organizations
- Hospitals Herbal Companies
- Plant Genetic companies
- Medical Research
- Biology Researcher
- Botanist, Ecologist
- Farming Consultant
- Biological Technician
- Molecular Biologist
- Plant Explorer
- Weed Scientist
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: Will we need to purchase any textbooks for the classes that we sign up for?
Answer: In most cases, no. The majority of classes make use of a variety of texts, the vast majority of which are increasingly made available electronically through the library. Everything may be found online, and because of this, it does not cost students anything.
Question 2: In the first year, we are required to take how many classes?
Answer: How many classes do the Normal college load is 120 points? First-year students take 8 courses, four every semester. Semester 2 of your first year would include SCIE101.
Question 3: What are College Admission Requirements?
Answer: A student should check out if he is fit for the course eligibility standards and provide photocopies of all his testimonials for verification.
Question 4: How can I apply for BSc in Odisha?
Answer: BSc admission applications for Odisha will be available at www.dheodisha.gov.in / as well as on www.samsodisha.gov.in. application form for admission to any degree, autonomous college in Odisha.