BSc Chemistry Admission 2023-24: BSc Chemistry is a three-year undergraduate degree course. It consists of 06 semesters. In B.Sc Chemistry, Students learn the basics of advanced chemistry. You will be able to study both Theory and Practical techniques. The growth and development of microscopic creatures can also be studied. and explore the various subfields of chemistry. Courses in BSc Chemistry are offered at numerous universities.
This course is a part of the chemical curriculum. The study of matter’s structure and properties, particularly that of molecular systems, is known as chemistry. The various elements of chemistry and the chemical make-up of diverse materials are covered in this course.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Selection Process: Merit/Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50-60% marks from a recognized university.
- Universities: DSC Delhi, MC Ranchi, GNDU Amritsar, and Archarya Nagarjuna, etc.
- Average Fee: INR 90,000 to INR 5 lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organizations: ONGC, BARC, Geoscience, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Institutions, Hospitals, National Lab Institutions, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Chemist, Lab Technician, Assistant Professor, etc.
BSc Chemistry Admission Overview
|Course Name||BSc Chemistry|
|Age||Between 17 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50-60% marks from a recognized university.|
|Subject required||Physics, Chemistry & either of Biology/ Maths|
|Average fees incurred||INR 90,000 to INR 5 lacs|
|Average salary offered||INR 3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
BSc Chemistry Admission 2023-24
BSc Chemistry is an undergraduate course with a minimum duration of 3 years. Students can opt for this course after the completion of the 12th standard. In this program, you will learn some of the major topics which contain Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Bimolecular, Drugs, Polymers, etc. Admissions to this BSc course are advertised by various institutes across India. UGC approves this course, and its admission frequency is yearly. DSC Delhi, MC Ranchi, and GNDU Amritsar are the most popular institutes for this course.
BSc Chemistry Admission Eligibility
- Students seeking BSc Chemistry admissions must complete class XII education. Minimum 50-60% marks in Intermediate are required to fill this BSc application form.
- Admissions for this BSc specialization are mostly entrance exam-based.
BSc Chemistry Admission Fees
The average fee for a BSc Chemistry course is INR 90,000 to INR 5 lakhs. If the students are availing of this course through DDE mode, it will be more affordable than the regular mode.
A chemist can earn income from INR 3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per annum(LPA). MSc Chemistry, M.Phil Chemistry, and Ph.D. Chemistry is a higher study for BSc graduates in Chemistry.
Job roles to be performed by these grads are pharmacist, plant biochemist, chemist, teacher, radiologist, scientist, technical writer, and cytologist.
Chemistry has a great scope around the globe. Agricultural Research Services, Food Institutes, Colleges, Chemical Industry, Govt Hospitals, Medical Research, Waste Water Plants, etc., are some recruiting areas for graduates of BSc Chemistry.
BSc Chemistry Admission Process 2023-24
The fundamental requirement for getting into a BSc chemistry program is qualifying for higher secondary or equivalent examinations in the Science stream. From any recognized board by your state or country, you have to pass class 12. You also need a science background.
Some prestigious colleges and institutes are now taking entrance tests to students into their BSc Chemistry degree program. Your selection in these colleges depends on marks obtained in the final merit. That is the total marks in the higher secondary examinations and the entrance test.
Benefits of BSc Chemistry
In addition, they study other standard Bachelor of Science subjects, such as Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science.
- A BSc Chemistry degree acts as the foundation for more specialized studies in this stream, such as M.Sc., Ph.D., and M.Phil. A degree in Chemistry, successful completion makes one qualified for a professor’s position at any university/college.
- They can become private teachers in schools when they complete a Master’s degree and certain credentials such as B.Ed. And NET.
- They can go to college and university as a permanent lecturer. They are often working in laboratories of civil and military government science.
Why BSc Chemistry?
- You have broad job prospects in this sector.
- Chemistry has a vast research area.
- You can study higher education such as Ph.D. in Chemistry.
- Opportunity to contribute to the scientific community.
BSc Chemistry Admission University & Fees
|Nalanda University||3 years||26175|
|Nalanda Open University||3 years||26200|
|Nava Nalanda Mahavihara||3 years||26225|
|Patna University||3 years||26250|
|Patliputra University||3 years||26275|
|Purnea University||3 years||26300|
Job Descriptions with an Offered Salary
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary (in INR)|
|Research Scientist||The chemists are responsible for discovering unexampled approaches or drugs used to cure human illnesses||6 to 7 Lacs|
|Teacher||Teachers are to teach the student’s chemistry topics in depth so that the students can become successful chemists||6 to 7 Lacs|
|Laboratory Technician||This area is the one in which the individual can operate, work, deal with problems of the instruments and manage them||4 to 5 Lacs|
|Radiologist||Radiologists are well-versed in the care of radiological devices and equipment for x-rays and scans.||3 to 5 Lacs|
|Pharmacist||Pharmacists can recommend to the manufacturer the right proportions of the products and different formulas for the drug formations||4 to 5 Lacs|
Best Colleges in India for Chemistry
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISC).
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
- Anna University in Chennai
- SavitribaiPhule Pune University, Pune.
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai.
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani (Rajasthan).
- Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research