BFSc Admission 2023-24: Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc) is an undergraduate program that focuses on marketing, management, processing, and conservation of fish. BFSc is a four-year program with six-month semesters. The four years are divided into eight semesters. Admission to this program is based on entrance exams or merit.
The course fee may differ depending on the institution. Graduates can work in Fish Breeding Farms, Fisheries Development Board, Food Department, etc. The starting salary ranges between INR 3 and 10 LPA, depending on experience and talent.
- Course Full Form: Bachelor of Fisheries Sciences
- Duration: The duration of this course is 4 years.
- Eligibility: Students must have finished their 10+2.
- Fee: The course fee is around INR 5000 to 2 lacs.
- Career Options: After completing the course, candidates can become a Fisheries Biologist, Fisheries Extension Officer, Fisheries Officer, and many more.
Aquatic animals, aquatic flora, genetics, husbandry, and aquatic animal medical care are all extensively covered. The research includes an experimental investigation of the ocean.
- B.F.Sc program online application will release in July 2023 (tentative) at Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University.
- Annamalai University will commence admissions soon for the BFSc program for the academic session 2023.
BFSc Admission Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Fisheries Sciences|
|Admission Process||Entrance exams and Merit-Based|
|Duration||Course Duration is 4 Years.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 to 10 Lacs|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 5000 to 2 lacs|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent education|
BFSc Admission 2023-24
Admission for B.F.Sc. Degree course 2023 will announce soon based on merit or entrance exam. Students can apply online or offline. Students must finish their intermediate studies before being evaluated for academic selection, and admission to the course requires passing an entrance exam. To complete the admissions process, students must read the entire article.
BFSc Admission Eligibility
- 10+2 or equivalent should be obtained by each aspirant to be eligible for admission in the course. The minimum percentage required by students is almost 50% and should not be less than it.
- Some university-level entrance exams for BFSc are Karnataka CET, JAUET, KAU CET, and MPU GT. The respective university organizes these exams for admissions in the mentioned program.
- To pursue a degree in Fisheries Science, students should apply to Assam Agricultural University, Kerala Agricultural University.
- The course fee for BFSc in almost all fisheries-related institutes is about INR 01 lac.
BFSc Admission Process 2023-24
After completing intermediate with the PCB, candidates who wish to enroll in a BSc course at the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) are required to pass the Common Entrance Test offered by the ICAR, which is conducted at the time of completing 10+2. Depending on the college, students may be allowed to apply for admission directly based on their final year marks or based on a personal interview conducted by the college.
BFSc Entrance Exams 2023
BFSc entrance exams are not very difficult. It included some ICAR entrance exams and entrance exams of Orissa University.
- SPMVV PGCET
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
- TNSF Consortium Common Entrance Test
- Yogi Vermana University Common Entrance Test (YVUCET)
BFSc Admission Fees
The average fee for a Bachelor of Fisheries Sciences is between 2.5 to 5 lacs. All students who want to take admitted to the course can opt for this course.
BFSc Salary Offered
After this course, candidates get jobs as research assistants, Marine Biology, ICAR officers, and MPEDA officers and get a salary of 3 to 4 lac.
BFSc Admission Courses Types
It has different courses like the biology of Finfish, Food chemistry, and agricultural engineering.
BFSc Admission Course Syllabus 2023
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Subjects of Study||Subjects of Study|
|Principles of Aquaculture||Information & Communication Technology|
|Taxonomy of Finfish||Freshwater Aquaculture|
|Taxonomy of Shellfish||Anatomy of Finfish and Shellfish|
|Meteorology & Geography||Biology of Finfish & Shellfish|
|Principles of Biochemistry||Soil and Water Chemistry|
|Fundamentals of Microbiology||Limnology|
|Fishery Economics||Food Chemistry & Fish in Nutrition|
|Biochemical Techniques & Instrumentation|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Fish Nutrition & Feed Technology||Aquaculture Engineering|
|The culture of Fish Food Organisms||Ornamental Fish Production & Management|
|Inland Fisheries||Coastal Aquaculture & Mariculture|
|Oceanography||Physiology of Finfish & shellfish|
|Marine Biology||Fishing Craft & Gear Technology|
|Refrigeration and Freezing Technology||Canning & Fish Packaging Technology|
|Statistical Methods in Fisheries||Extension Education in Fisheries|
|Fisheries Administration & Legislation|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Finfish Breeding & Hatchery Management||Biotechnology & Bioinformatics in Fisheries|
|Shellfish Breeding & Hatchery Management||Fishery Genetics & Breeding|
|Diseases & Management||Fish Population Dynamics & Stock Assessment|
|Marine Fisheries||Aquatic Pollution & Coastal Zone Management|
|Aquatic Ecology & Biodiversity||Fish Products and By-products Technology|
|Navigation & Seamanship||Fish Microbiology and Quality Assurance|
|Disaster Management in Fisheries||Financing and Marketing Management in Fisheries|
|Entrepreneurship Development and|
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|Hands-on Training in Fisheries (Experiential Learning)||In-plant training in Fisheries|
Both the public and commercial sectors offer a various range of job opportunities for interested individuals. Candidates have the option of going into business for themselves, becoming entrepreneurs, or working independently in a fisheries-related firm of their choice. They can notice that the government of every state and country maintains a fisheries department to which they can submit applications for a variety of positions.
- Fish Breeding Farms
- Food Department
- Food Processing and Technology
Top Job Roles:
- Fisheries biologist
- Fisheries officer
- Fisheries extension officer
- Fishery manager
- Fishery Technician
- District fisheries development officer
BFSc Colleges in India
- Ganpat University Admission
- GLS University Admission
- Gokul Global University Admission
- GSFC University Admission
- Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Traning (CIFNET): Candidates who have passed the 12th board examination with 50% marks in all subjects of PCB or PCM, can apply for the BFSc admission at CIFNET. Admission will be done based on CET (Common Entrance Test) and academic merit. Aspirants need to pay an application fee of Rs. 500 for Gen/OBC and Rs. 250 for SC/ST.