BEd Course: The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is an ug professional degree program. A B.Ed program is offered for the duration of two years. However, students shall have the option to complete the education-oriented degree program with a maximum duration of five years.
The course aims to develop required teaching skills in the learner before he or she advances towards the designation of a teacher in private, and govt institutions across the country/abroad. The program is mainly followed in an on-campus based study only.
Entry to the B.Ed program is given to individuals who score at least 50 percent in ug level degree exams in the science/arts/commerce stream. A four-semester B.Ed degree average fee is INR 55,000. Fees for this respected degree are allowed to deposit yearly.
B.Ed syllabus is built upon pedagogy, and other teaching/learning elements such as childhood, language, ICT & applications, knowledge, learning assessment, etc. The first year of this program consists following: childhood & growing up, gender, school and society, contemporary India, & education, current affairs, reasoning ability, and more. Four-semester program of B.Ed includes practical, and field engagement. The specializations of B.Ed holds primary education, learners’ psychology & counseling, special education, technical education, vocational education, administration, elementary education, and more.
A degree in the B.Ed will allow students to be more academically sound by providing an option for higher learning in suitable programs such as M.Ed, MBA, Ph.D., etc. The Ph.D. and B.Ed is a magnificent combination. Learners must always allow themselves to these courses for a better scope in the future. Fee details of mentioned courses are further offered in the article.
Any learner who passes the B.Ed degree from a reputed institution will have better employment options in various levels of institutions i.e., Schools, Coaching Departments, Private institutions, Govt institutions, and more. The Job profile of B.Ed candidates is high school teacher, preschool teacher, academic coordinator, etc. The lowest salary package for B.Ed professionals in the govt institutions is INR 3.5 LPA.
One shall get more information about the B.Ed degree program in the following sections of the article.
- IGNOU BEd course registration is on going, student can now enroll for BEd entrance test till 17 April 2022.
- IPU is giving out BEd course admission, interested & eligible students can apply till 30 April 2022. (Source)
- Some universities conduct an entrance exam for qualified candidates, while others consider the qualifying degree marks when considering admission to B.Ed programs. Candidates who take the B.Ed admission exams must also go through a counseling process to secure their seats.
- Many B.Ed. programs are either entrance- or merit-based, with some universities conducting entrance exams for qualified candidates and others using scores from their qualifying degree exams. B.Ed candidates are also required to complete a counseling process in order to obtain their seats.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree prepare themselves for a career as a teacher. A number of teaching methods are included in the B.Ed syllabus, as well as psychological dispositions.
- Bachelor of Education courses may vary in cost. B.Ed courses typically cost between INR 6,000 and 1 lakh per year. Teachers’ salaries, however, vary from school to school.
What is BEd Course?
Bachelor of Education in the development sector is intended to assist aspiring students in learning the necessary educational skills to educate in the early school in both the private and public industry. It is mainly focused on practical teaching classroom knowledge. After pursuing the degree, the individuals get enough skills to teach students in primary and elementary schools.
The minimum requirement for pursuing this degree is about 45% to 50% marks while completing the UG degrees. Students with this degree can be employed in positions like primary teacher, elementary teacher, counselor, education consultant, etc.
Undergraduate education is a two-year program comprised of four semesters. Bachelor of Education (B Ed): A B.Ed degree is required to instruct in secondary and post-secondary education.
Applicants for the B. Ed Course in India: Students seeking admission to the B. Education course. It is important to consider the cost of the course. Colleges and universities charge varying fees for their courses. These fees vary according to the institution.
BEd Course Details: Key Points
- B.Ed is a UG level course, and its full form is Bachelor of Education.
- BEd Course Duration: Depending on the type of institute, BEd course may be completed in 2 years or in 4 years.
- All learning modes such as online, distance, full-time, and part-time are available for B.Ed education.
- There are four semesters in this program. BEd courses cover Physical Education, Health, Contemporary India and Education, Yoga, and School Attachment, among others.
- Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, St. Xavier’s College Kolkata, University of Calcutta, and JMI, are among the best B.Ed institutes in India.
- The minimal requirement for B.Ed is a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 50%.
- Students will also appear in the B.Ed entrance exams such as RIE CEE, MAH CET B.Ed, DU B.Ed, and soon.
- There is almost an average B.Ed course fee of INR 01 LPA. Those who are linked to the professional world can continue their studies by joining the distance B.Ed program.
- Students can also pursue B.Ed courses from any top international university with an average academic fee of INR 20 LPA.
- The students who have completed their master’s degrees will be given the 1st year B.Ed courses per the current education policy. This policy is designed to prepare students in a concise period of time ready for the teacher’s jobs.
- The education sector each year provides employments to such candidates. Such graduates are primarily hired as counselors, educational consultants, teachers, or on placements like principal and vice-principal.
- Graduates for public jobs, on the other hand, must clear the instructor’s aptitude test.
- Professionals earn about INR 3.3 LPA salary when they are hired on jobs based on B.Ed degrees.
All About BEd Course
Teaching is given importance everywhere globally, and in India, it is the most respectful profession. Individuals must have a B.Ed degree if they are passionate to join school level teaching profession. The teachings of such a course include enhancing the knowledge level of candidates along with training them to understand the mentality of their students. With such courses, a better educational system is developed by providing the best-trained teachers.
What are the benefits of BEd Course?
- B.Ed or Bachelor of Education is a learning program to make the candidates skillful for teaching. It enhances the applicants’ skills and experience and assists them in communicating the information so that they can comprehend the particular needs of the candidates and effectively guide them. Let’s take a closer look at some of the reasons to see why the B.Ed program is so significant.
- B.Ed is necessary to be obtained by students who want to join the teaching profession, and this has been made mandatory by the National Council of Teachers Education. Private school recruiters also prefer this.
- Secondly, there is job satisfaction in this sector. With the increasing population, the number of schools has increased, and teachers are now required everywhere. After completing this course, they are easily employed.
- Such graduates can earn a good salary along with other perks. Also, students can run their academic institutes after getting this degree.
Who should Pursue BEd Course?
- B.Ed course is ideal for students who are passionate about joining the Education and Literacy sector of the country. The BEd is best suited to those who desire to pursue a career as a teacher.
- Applicants looking to deal with kids and guide students in their academic motivation must enroll in the BEd program.
- Likewise, individuals who want to contribute to the schooling institutions might take this program. Candidates dealing with various academic NGOs must enroll in the Bachelor of Education program to grasp the Indian educational system and its issues.
- Applicants who choose to be extraordinary instructors can also enroll in B.Ed programs. Students must, nevertheless, use greater caution while selecting a thread.
When Should Pursue BEd Course?
- Immediately after completing the graduate degrees, students can submit applications for B.Ed programs. Students who pursue their UG degrees in any stream are welcomed to apply for B.Ed.
- The B.Ed course is relatively extensive, requiring students to exert hard work required to send within two years duration. In addition to the theoretical contents, practical skills should be learned by the students.
- B.Ed degrees obtained from the public institutes are of more worth than obtained from the private institutes; thus, students must divert their concentrations to this side.
Types of BEd Course
After the announcement by NCTE that has made B.Ed mandatory for teaching jobs, the demand for this course has risen. To meet the needs of students, institutes in India offer B.Ed in various types such as:
Full-time BEd Course
- BEd Course in full-time is the ideal course for students who have decided to build a career in the teaching field. The majority of candidates prefer to choose the full-time mode of B.Ed courses.
- Many institutes and state agencies conduct entrance examinations to enroll students in full-time B.Ed programs. The popular B.Ed entrance examinations include DU B.Ed, IPU CET, CUCET, RIE CEE, and many others.
- In Indian institutes, B.Ed courses are offered with an average tuition fee of INR 20,000 to 1,00,000 per year.
- BEd Course Full-time admission in most of the Indian institutes is also made direct by issuing a merit list.
Part-Time B.Ed Course
BEd Course Part-time B.Ed is a facilitating study program for students who are working professionals. Many students are passionate about joining the teaching field, but they do not have enough time to join the regular classes due to financial problems and lack of time.
The academic fees in a part-time learning mode are less and such courses are cheaper than regular programs. The employment chances after getting this part-time degree are equally granted to the students.
Online B.Ed Course
The Online B.Ed courses are the certificate type of learning programs. Its duration varies, it can be completed in a few hours, or it can even take a few months for completion. B.Ed admission is provided based on a first-come, first-serve basis and is open throughout the year. In some cases of batch admission, deadlines are also provided.
The online websites are providing BEd courses are Alison, Coursera, edX, etc. The academic fee for such online courses is INR 3000 to INR 17000. These may be offered free of cost in some institutes.
Before enrolling in the online BEd degree, applicants must research the program’s widespread consensus for job prospects.
B.Ed Admission Process 2022
BEd Course admission 2022 to the best universities will be conducted via numerous entrance tests administered by state governments or specific institutions. The admission process of B.Ed includes the online and offline submission of applications. After applying, students are informed to appear in the admission test, and counseling is also organized for the selected aspirants. After this, a final merit list of candidates is published to proceed with the admission.
B.Ed Course Eligibility Criteria
- The BEd Course Eligibility Criteria for admission 2022 may vary in many colleges, but all institutes’ basic eligibility criteria are the same.
- Overall marks are 50-55% required to be obtained in the graduation completed from a well-known college or university. In the case of students with a PG or B-Tech degree, the minimum required marks are 55 percent.
- Each aspirant from the reserved category will be admitted by giving a 5% marks relaxation. In general, there is no age limit to pursue this course, but some institutes mainly prefer an age of 19 years.
- Apart from these all requirements, a candidate will not be given admission until they qualify for the entrance exam.
B.Ed Course Entrance Exams 2022
BEd Course admission tests are administered by several state authorities or by the colleges individually. Information on some of the most prominent B.Ed Entrance Exams 2022 is provided here.
- BHU UED: Every year, Banaras Hindu University conducts this entrance exam. This exam will be completed in two and a half hours. BHU provides B.Ed admission for 33 seats through this exam.
- DU B.Ed: Delhi University will start the application process in July 2022 for the DU B.Ed entrance exam. The exam usually consists of 100 MCQs that are to be completed in 02 hours. There are three categories in the exam: General Awareness & Reasoning, Language Proficiency, and Subject Knowledge.
- CUCET: It is the Central University Common Entrance Test conducted for B.Ed admission at the national level. The duration provided to solve its paper is two hours.
- TUEE: It’s an institute-level entrance exam conducted every year by Tezpur University. Through these exams, 40 B.Ed. Seats are allotted to students.
- RIE CEE: The Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Exam is conducted by NCERT for B.Ed admission. The application fee is INR 900 and INR 450 for General and Reserved candidates, respectively. The application process for RIE CEE will begin in May 2022.
B.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus
Various national, regional, and institute-level entrance exams are available for B.Ed admission. The exam syllabus may vary depending on the institute, but it is usually the same. The admission test covers topics such as language skills, subject knowledge, general awareness, and thinking. The tests have 100 questions and a time limit of 120 minutes to complete them.
B.Ed Admission 2022
The bulk of BEd Course application forms to elite institutions and colleges in 2022 will be based on entrance exams. Some institutes prepare a merit list to provide direct admission, which is also part of the admission process. This list is based on the previous degree marks of the candidates. Usually, in May or July, BEd Admission 2022 take place.
Applicants may approach either the University’s internet site or the admission department to get registration forms for B.Ed. Admission 2022. It is suggested to proceed with the applications with required documents and in the given manner..
DU B.Ed Admission
Delhi University offers full-time B.Ed courses. DU B.Ed entrance examination is the gate for BEd course in DU. For general candidates, DU demands 20 out of 100 marks, while for reserved candidates minimum required marks in the test are 18 out of 100. Aside from conventional B.Ed degrees, the campus provides two specialty programs: B.Ed in Mental Retardation and B.Ed in Visual Impairment.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission
A B.Ed entrance exam is now to be held by IGNOU on 08 May 2022. You can register with your mobile number and email on the official website and apply for the IGNOU BEd till 17 April 2022. Candidates must fill out the IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form and upload the required documents to register for the exam. The eligibility requirements for applicants from the reserved category are reduced by 5%. Applicants must pay a registration fee of INR 1000 to complete the application process.
IPU B.Ed Admission
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University offers admission to B.Ed through its entrance exam named IPU CET. This entrance exam is organized every year, and counseling is also organized following the written exam. The average cost of B.Ed at IPU is about INR 67700 LPA. IPU BEd course last date is 30 April 2022.
B.Ed Admission in Symbiosis University
Symbiosis University is the top-ranked institute in offering many UG and PG courses, including the B.Ed degree program. SU offers this study program to build the teaching abilities of the students. BEd courses are offered in a variety of specializations by Symbiosis University on its different campuses. The university adopts both the criteria of merit and entrance exam to enroll students in the BEd courses.
B.Ed Admission in Amity University
Amity University offers a two years UG degree program. This university adopts many specializations to conduct B.Ed courses to the desiring students. The average annual cost of BEd courses at Amity is about INR 80000 LPA. There is an allotment capacity of 200 seats in the Amity BEd courses. Three types of B.Ed courses offered by Amity University are Education, Physical Education, and Special Education. The selection of candidates is based on the entrance exam criteria and counseling afterward.
B.Ed Course Distance Education
BEd Distance Learning is a two-year correspondence graduate degree pursued by young adults who cannot be enrolled in an entire BEd course. Annamalai University, LPU, Tamil Nadu Open University, and other colleges provide B.Ed programs via distant education. Distance B.Ed programs approved by the Distance Education Board of UGC are acceptable and recognized for recruitment in private and governmental universities.
Distance B.Ed Course Admission Process
B.Ed distance admission is mainly provided through directly issuing the merit list. Some universities follow the merit criteria, but some, like IGNOU, conduct their entrance examination for providing admission to its B.Ed Distance Education courses. Below are giving some important points for the eligibility criteria of the B.Ed program.
Students must secure 50% marks (55% marks in case of B-Tech degrees) in their graduation completed within any stream. A relaxation of 5% marks is included in the eligibility criteria.
Aspirants should have experience training in-service educators. Individuals with a minimum of two years of experience in teaching, both at the primary or secondary levels, are eligible to enroll in the online academic program. Generally, the fee for distance B.Ed courses is INR 40,000 to INR 1,10,000.
IGNOU B.Ed Distance Education
B.Ed. Programs are offered in distance mode. IGNOU BEd is by far the most popular distance B.Ed program. It can take a two years duration for completion and also can be up to 5 years. At IGNOU, INR 55,000 is the average annual fee charged for this program.
If you graduated from any field other than engineering and technology, you need to have at least 50% marks. In case of having a B-Tech or BE degree, you will need to have 55% marks.
Applicants must be either in-service professionals or have finished ahead NCTE-authorized training program for teachers.
BEd Course Syllabus
The B.Ed Syllabus can be varying in the number and types of subjects, but mostly it is the same in many institutes. Childhood And Growing Up, Learning Resource Project, Creating an Inclusive School, Current Affairs, and other topics are covered in the BEd Course Syllabus. The syllabus of B.Ed. is dynamic. Depending upon the needs of learners, it keeps evolving as we know that B.Ed. is a course offered at the UG level, but to pursue this, completing another UG degree is necessary.
It should be emphasized that after completing their Bachelor of Education, students can attend the Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) or Sarvodaya Vidyalaya(s) after appearing in the Teacher Eligibility Tests (TETs).
Top BEd Course Colleges in India
To pursue a Bachelor of Education course in India, there are many private as well as government institutions. Students might have to appear for an entrance test to get into BEd courses at government colleges in India. We are listed below some of the state-wise top colleges, which interested learners may look into:
B.Ed Course Colleges in Delhi
In New Delhi, there are 36 B.Ed Institutions. Entrance to such institutions for B.Ed is largely conducted via admission tests like DU and IPU CET Entry Exam for B.Ed. The B.Ed tuition fee in the colleges of Delhi ranges from INR 1200 to 80700 per year. Some popular B.Ed colleges in Delhi are Delhi University, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, JMI, Amity Institute of Education, and soon.
BEd Course Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai has a total number of 18 B.Ed colleges. It mainly includes private and public colleges. The tuition fee for B.Ed in institutes of Mumbai is INR 11000 to INR 120000. Here the top colleges are CSS Mahavidyalaya, K. J. Somaiya Comprehensive CETR, etc.
BEd Course Colleges in Bangalore
In Bangalore, the number of B.Ed colleges is about 25. The average fee for B.Ed in the top colleges of B.ed is INR 6000 at public institutes and INR 200000 at private institutions. Top B.Ed Colleges in Bangalore are Al-Ameen College of Education, Vijaya Teachers College, Amitha B.Ed. Teachers Training College, Christ University, and many more.
B.Ed Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad also has many BEd colleges; there are 15 colleges in Hyderabad offering B.Ed education. A few of the top-ranked B.Ed colleges in Hyderabad are Maulana Azad MANU University, GACE, Pasha College of Education, and AMS College of Teacher Education. The average fee of B.Ed in such colleges ranges from INR 11000 to INR 59000.
Be the first to leave a review.