B.Des Admission 2023-24: Bachelor of Design is a 04-year UG degree course. It is divided into 08 semesters. Students can apply for B.Des admission, they can study technical and practical designing skills. Students can learn the course in different specializations like product design, fashion design, and industrial design. One can complete 10+2 with 50% marks from any stream eligible to do this course.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Design
- Entrance Exams: NID DAT, UCEED, FDDI AIST, AIEED, and NIFT.
- Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized board.
- Average Fee: INR 02-04 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 03-06 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Job Organizations: ZARA, Myntra, Consumer & Retail Brands, H&M, TATA Elxsi, Raymond Company, and Amazon.
- Top job profiles: Design Director, Set Director, Apparel Designer, Graphic Designer, Fashion Director, Stylist, Brand Manager, etc.
B.Des Admission Highlights 2023-24
|Degree||Bachelor of Design|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Design|
|Duration||Course Duration is 04 Years.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 03-06 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Average Fee Incurred||INR 02-04 Lakhs|
|Eligibility||eligibility is the completion of Class XII with a minimum of 50% in any stream or Diploma in Design.|
B.Des Admission 2023-24
NID DAT for both B. Design and M.Design course admissions will start in Dec 2022. Students will study subjects like Fashion Studio, History of Arts and Design, Draping Science, Design Process, CAD and Grading, and many others. Along with these subjects, the syllabus also comprises an Internship program and the submission of a Study Report.
Several colleges and universities are inviting the Application forms for B.Design admissions 2023, aspirants are to clear the university-level or national-level entrance exam to gain admission into the course. Entrance Exams including NID DAT, FDDI AIST, NIFT entrance exam, and UCEED 2021, are accepted by many universities for the admission of Bachelor of Design degree.
- It should be noted that the eligibility required for B.Des admission is at least 10+2 in the same stream of study.
- Admissions in this course can be pursued after qualifying for a B.Des entrance exam.
- The related exams conducted for B.Des are NID DAT, UCEED, Pearl Academy entrance exam, AIEED, and NIFT entrance exam.
- INR 2 to 4 lacs is the average fee that is being incurred for this course in Indian Colleges.
- A few of the top Indian colleges offering this course are NIFT Delhi, NIFT Hyderabad, and NIFT Patna.
Salary of B.Des Admission Course
- The design industry professionals are capable of earning an average range of salary of INR 3 lacs to 6 lacs.
Fee Structure of B.Des Admission Course
- The average fee Structure of the B.Des Course is range between INR 02-04 Lakhs.
B.Des Admission Course Career Prospects
- Top B.Des recruiters are Design Decoration, ZARA, Myntra, Consumer & Retail Brands, H&M, TATA Elxsi, Raymond Company, and Amazon.
- Popular jobs in this area are Design Director, Set Director, Apparel Designer, Graphic Designer, Fashion Director, Stylist, Brand Manager, etc.
B.Des Important Dates 2023:
|(FDDI AIST) The Selection Test Application Form starts||15-Jun-2023|
|Exam date FDDI AIST||04-Jul-2023|
|NRIs SAAC Deadline for Registration||30th April 2023|
|GD and Interview||April or May 2023|
|Final result upload||End of May or June 2023|
|Registration starts for counseling||End of May or June 2023|
|2nd Round starts for seat allotment UCEED 2023||May 10, 2023|
|2nd Round Deadline for seat allotment UCEED 2023||May 26, 2023|
|3rd Round starts for seat allotment UCEED 2023||June 10, 2023|
|3rd Round Deadline for seat allotment UCEED 2023||June 26, 2023|
B.Des Syllabus 2023-24
The Following Specialization subjects follow:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Graphic Design Level 1||Visual Merchandising level 2|
|Visual Merchandising level 1||Photography level 2|
|Publication design||Graphical representation and technical drawing|
|Photography level 1||Graphic Design level 2|
|History and philosophy of design||Fashion basics level 2|
|Fashion basics level 1||Crafts study level 2|
|Design methodology||Communication concepts and processes|
|Crafts study level 1||Design interpretation of AutoCAD|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Visual Merchandising Level 3||Visual Merchandising level 4|
|Research Methodology||Photography level 4|
|Photography level 3||Graphic Design Level 4|
|Multimedia and web design||Fashion Styling Level 2|
|Graphic Design Level 3||Fashion journalism level 2|
|Fashion Styling Level 1||Design strategy|
|Fashion journalism level 1||Design interpretation of 3D Max|
|Craft publication (documentation)||Craft promotion (brand identity)|
|introduction to creative advertising|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Graphic design level 5||Graduation project- 18 weeks|
|Exhibition and display design|
|Design management, professional ethics, and entrepreneurship|
|Colloquium paper: (research paper)|