BAMS Admission 2023: BAMS is a five-and-a-half-year program that teaches students about medicine and ayurvedic studies in order to develop new medicines. Students can learn in a medical study if the studies are done correctly. The admission procedure for the next session will be announced soon by the UGC-approved Universities.
Medicine, pharmacology, toxicology, forensic medicine, botany, ENT, surgery concepts, and other topics are discussed. Theoretical and practical workshops are held for students.
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is a degree program in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
- BAMS is an Ayurveda-focused undergraduate degree program that educates students on modern and traditional medicine. An internship is part of the 5.5-year BAMS.
- The WHO has set up a global meeting place to spread the word about traditional health systems like Ayurveda.
- Other than MBBS, BAMS is a popular medical science course.
- To get into BAMS, you must have at least 10+2 and 55%-65% PCB.
BAMS admission is made based on performance in entrance exams like NEET, and KEAM. The minimum eligibility needed to get into the BAMS course is to students must have studied PCB subjects at 10+2 level.
- Course Full Form: Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- Duration: The duration of the course is 5.5 years (including 1 year of internship).
- Eligibility: Students must have passed 12th grade in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Fee: The course fee is around INR 70,000 to 95,000 (per year).
- Career Options: There are various job opportunities after completing a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. They can do the jobs of teachers, pharmacists, Ayurveda specialists, and others.
About BAMS Course
It is the complete name for the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. Students attend this Ayurveda class in order to become doctors. From their teacher, the pupils learn about modern treatments as well as ancient Ayurvedic techniques. BAMS covers a wide range of topics including herbal science, surgical standards, preventative medications, and toxicology. It also contains physiology requirements.
Graduates of BAMS have a lot of different jobs to choose from when they go to work. People who graduate from this school can work for top companies as therapists, lecturers, Ayurvedic doctors, and other people who help people, like scientists, teachers, and more.
BAMS Admission 2023 Highlights
|Full Name||Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery|
|Duration||5.5 years (including 1 year of Internship)|
|Eligibility||Passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam based|
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
|Average Course Fees||INR 70,000 to 95,000 (Per Year)|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 20,000 to 80,000 in the government sector and INR 20,000 to 50,000 in the private sector (per month)|
|Job Area||Pharmacist, Ayurveda Specialist, Surgeon|
BAMS Admission 2023
BAMS is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on providing knowledge about the integrated concept of traditional medicines and modern medical sciences. The period of this course is 5.5 years, including an internship. No one can deny the importance of Ayurveda, and it is equally important these days as it was in the past. This field of study attracts many students interested in the medical stream.
BAMS Admission: Eligibility Criteria
- The BAMS admission requires a qualification of 10+2 with biology as the main subject to be eligible. The passing score in intermediate must be a minimum of 50% in general from a well-known study board. The admission criteria in many universities are entrance exam-based.
- The entrance exam concerned with the BAMS admissions is known as NEET. The entries are based on the NEET score in particular.
MAMC BAMS Admission
Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) is offering BAMS admission. The university is among the top universities in the country. It is registered under the University of Delhi. Applicants that wish to take admission at MAMC must check the following requirements before applying.
Eligibility Criteria for MAMC BAMS Admission
- Applicants must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Biotechnology in their Grade 11 or 12.
- The minimum age requirement is 17 years.
- Minimum of 50 % marks in PCB.
- There is a relaxation for applicants belonging to the reserved category(ST/SC). They are offered admission with a minimum score of 45%.
- The entrance is examination-based, and applicants must clear the NEET examination.
BAMS Admission Fee Structure
Indian students can expect to pay between INR 70000 and 95000 (per year) for their Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery course. As part of the fresh admission process, the institute also charges tuition, identity card fees, exam fees, and other fees. In some universities, the total fees are collected at once for one year, and in others, the total fees are collected in instalments or by semester.
BAMS Admission Entrance Exams
There are many Entrance Exam conducted by the University to get admission in the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery, some of them are:
- Panjab University Undergraduate Common Entrance Test (PU CET)
- RUHS Pharmacy Admission Test
- Siksha O Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT)
- Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE)
BAMS Admission without NEET 2023
Students who want to take admission to the BAMS course but do not have a good score in NEET can apply for admission to some universities. They can apply through the management quota for BAMS Admission without NEET. As eligibility, students should have a 12th passed from any recognized board with a minimum of 50 percent marks in the science stream. Biology is a must in the 12th class.
Salary after completing BAMS is usually INR 20k to 80k per month by the government and INR 20k to 50k per month by the private sector. The working areas for BAMS graduates are Dabur Company, Health care centers, Ayurveda centers, Baidyanath firms, Himalaya firms, lecturers, and many others.
- Ayurvedic doctors
- Sales representatives
BAMS Admission Syllabus
|History of Ayurveda|
|Kriya Sharira (physiology)|
|Partha Vigyana (Ayurvedic philosophy)|
|Rachna Sharira (anatomy)|
|Sanskrit and Samhita|
|Rasa Shastra am Bhaisajya Kalpana (Pharmaceuticals of Ayurveda)|
|Dravyaguna (Materia Medica of Ayurveda)|
|Svasthavritta Yoga (Personal and social hygiene including dietetics)|
|Nidan/Vikriti Vigyana (Pathology) /Nadi Parkisa (Pulse diagnosis)|
|Charaka Samhita (A classical text of Ayurveda)|
|Agadtantra, VyavaharAyurveda and Vidhi Vaidyaka (Toxicology and Jurisprudence)|
|Kamara Bhritya (Pediatrics)|
|Prasuti tantra avam Sri yoga (Gynecology and Obstetrics)|
|Shalakya Tantra (ENT, Eye, and Dentistry)|
|Shalya tantra (General surgery and para-surgical techniques)|
|Kaya Chikitsa (General Medicine including Panchakarma, Rasayana, and Vajikarana)|
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question: Is BAMS good for the future?
Answer: Yes, It has a good scope as this course is a combination of modern medicines and traditional techniques of Ayurveda.
Question: What is the minimum percentage required for admission to BAMS?
Answer: A percentage of 50 is required in the 12th science stream with Biology as compulsory for admission to BAMS.
Question: What is the duration of the BAMS course?
Answer: BAMS is a 5-year 6 months duration course.
Question: Is an internship required for the BAMS course?
Answer: Yes, an internship is required during the BAMS course.