Bachelor of Science Hons Botany Admission 2023-24: Bachelor of Science Hons Botany is a three years Undergraduate degree program. Botany is a branch of Science that deals with the structure and arrangement of plants and their function and growth. It gives training to students in biotechnology, seed biology, and genetics. Botany is a study related to plants and deals with their physiology. Subjects studied in this course are Plant Breeding, Physiology, Agriculture, Anatomy, Fungi, Horticulture, and many others.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Botany Honours.
- Selection Process: Merit-based/Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% from a recognized board
- Average Fee: INR 50,000 to 3 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 2 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organizations: National Chemical Laboratory, National Chemical Laboratory, Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment, Bombay Natural History Society, etc.
- Top Recruiting Areas: Agricultural Research Services, Biotechnology Firms, Botanical Survey Centres, Colleges/Universities, Cosmetic Companies, Eco-botany, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Conservationist, Ecologist, Environment Consultant, Ethno Botanist, Farming Consultant, Florist, Forester, etc.
Bachelor of Science Hons Botany Overview
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science Hons Botany|
|Duration of course||3 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50-60% from a recognized board|
|Minimum percentage||50-60% in the 12th exam|
|Subjects of study||Microbiology and Algae, Biometry and Plant, etc.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 50,000 to 3 Lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
Bachelor of Science Hons Botany 2023-24
Entrance exams Bachelor of Science Hons Botany
NEET and 12th entrance exams are available. As mentioned above that this course is divided into six semesters. The duration of B.Sc. (Hons.) The botany course is three years. There is a two-semester in one year. In other words, we can complete one semester in six months.
All aspects of plant life, such as growth, metabolism, reproduction, chemical properties, and structure, are involved in this BSc course. It also focuses on disease-related in plants. In these 03 years, students learn all subjects theoretically as well as practically.
Bachelor of Science Hons Botany Eligibility
- One will have to fulfill the admission requirements to get admission. The requirement is to pass 10+2 with subjects Biology or Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Fee charges for this course are ranging from INR 50,000 to 3 Lakhs in many of the colleges. However, in distance mode, it may vary from 40,000 to 60,000 Indian rupees.
- Miranda House College, Hans Raj College, and Fergusson College are at the top of the Botany colleges’ list.
- Christ University is one of the institutes that conducted this exam at the university level.
- Some institutes conduct entrance exams in this regard, such as GSAT, OUAT, and BHU UET.
In this field, Jobs are Botanist, Plant Explorer, Plant Pathologist, Environmental Consultant, Conservationist, Ecologist, Biological Technician, and Nursery Manager.
Indian Institute of Ecology, Center for Science and Environment, National Chemical Laboratory, Wildlife Conservation Society, Environmental Education, Wildlife SOS. These are Hiring companies for Botanists
In the field of botany, one can avail of a salary of up to INR 02 to 08 lacs per year.
Interesting students can further apply for MSc Botany. There is also another field named MSc Environmental Management.
Botany covers a wide collection of scientific disciplines concerned with the study of plants. And it also covers algae and fungi, growth, structure, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany is the science that deals with the arrangement of plants. Also, the functions of their parts identification are available. And the terms which are utilized in their denomination and description are called botany.
- Hard-working students can get admission to this course. And the students who have above 50% marks in science subjects can enroll.
- Candidates who are interested in this course require being 10+2 pass with at least 50% marks in science subjects.
- If any students have less than 50% marks in science subjects, cannot take admission to this course.
Why choose Bachelor of Science Hons Botany?
You will find many scopes after B.Sc. in Botany. After fleeing the master’s course they become eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university or college.
Candidates also can work in management and marketing for biological provide. These biological providers are houses, seed companies, biotechnology firms, and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
BBA Management University Fees 2022-23
|KREA University||3 years||24400|
|Gauhati University||3 years||25400|
|Dibrugarh University||3 years||25375|
|Cotton College State University||3 years||25325|
|Madhabdev University||3 years||55000|
|Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya||3 years||45000|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy||3 years||25550|
|Rabindranath Tagore University||3 years||25575|
Bachelor of Science Hons Botany Admission 2023-24 Fee in India
INR 50,000 to 3 Lakhs are common fees.
The best college in India for (B.Sc.) Hons Botany
|1||Miranda House, New Delhi|
|2||Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar|
|3||Ramjas College, New Delhi|
|4||Hans Raj College, New Delhi|
The duration of B.Sc. (Hons.) The Botany course is for three years. In other words, this is a short period for study. Students can easily pass this course and get a degree. So, we can get started our career after three years to pass the course.
There are many job types where we can get jobs and start a career. These jobs may be a Weed Scientist, Horticulturist, and Plant Explorer. There are many other jobs where we can start a career such as Forester and as Conservationist Botanist.
Course Preparation Tips
- You can search about tree anatomy on Google.
- Also, it’s easy to memorize if you draw the pictures.
If you are a fresh graduate the salary is INR 2 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs per annum(LPA).
Bachelor of Science Hons Botany Syllabus 2023-24
The list of syllabus is mentioned down below.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Biology-I (Introduction to Biology)||Biodiversity II: Mycology & Phytopathology|
|Biodiversity I: Algae and Microbiology||Biodiversity III: Archegoniatae|
|Technical writing and communication in English / Computational skills||Technical writing and communication in English / Computational skills|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Plant Resource Utilization||Plant Development and Anatomy|
|Mathematics and Statistics||Ecology and Phytogeography|
|Cell Biology – I||Cell Biology II|
|Molecular Biology – 1||Molecular Biology – II|
|Semester V||Semester IV|
|Plant Systematics & Evolution||Plant Metabolism & Biochemistry|
|Plant Physiology||Reproductive Biology of Angiosperms|
|Environmental Management / Bioinformatics||Plant Biotechnology|
|Genetics & Genomics -I||Genetics & Genomics – II|
Types of Bachelor of Science Hons Botany
You can study full-time. Students who are attracted to biology and want to make their profession in the field of plant science are the majority appropriate for the course.
Students should also identify how to manage the computer system. As in the current era, the role of the computer helps a bunch in the examination of the sample under analysis.
They must have good interpersonal skills, and mental energy to work for long times. Students who like the environment and its vegetation and fauna also can go for it.
Admission Process Bachelor of Science Hons Botany
Candidates can take admission Online or offline in both modes. Both methods are easy to get to in some institutes and colleges.
Colleges that offer admission based on merit that candidates should be protected 50% in the connected subject.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form and submit it with fees.