BLIS Admission 2023: Bachelor of Library And Information Science is a 01-year undergraduate course in Library Science. The course teaches students about the maintenance of the Library. This course provides knowledge to students about the understanding of philosophy and its principles in Library Science and information. Universities provide this course in Regular mode, Online as well as in Distance mode.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Library and Information Science.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: Passed UG degree from an approved university.
- Entrance Exams: CEE, ACET, and BITSAT are some entrance exams.
- Average Fee: INR 50K to 01 Lakh Overall
- Salary Offered: INR 02 to 06 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Areas: Government offices, government libraries, private sectors, educational institutes, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Law Librarian, Deputy Librarian, Library Assistant, etc.
The course can be taken in three different modes: Regular, Distance, and Online. Depending on the student’s availability, they can choose either the full-time or part-time mode, and the job options for this course are Library Officers and Information Officers, and the expected salary for these careers is 2-6 LPAs (Lakhs Per Annum). As a result of this course, students are able to gain expertise in the field of Bachelor of Library And Information Science.
BLIS Admission 2023 Trending Updates
- Mohanlal Sukhadia University Blis admission is ongoing and the last date to apply is 20 June 2023.
- At IGNOU, the application forms are available for BLis admission 2023 and the deadline is 30 June 2023.
- At Bundelkhand University, students can register for Blis admission till 20 July 2023.
BLIS Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor Of Library And Information Science (BLIS)|
|Duration||Course Duration is 1 Year.|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 02 to 06 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 50K to 01 Lakh Overall|
|Eligibility||10+2, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
What is the BLIS Course?
Library Science is a dealing, conserving, and preservative info course. It needs 50% of graduation for an internship. It has no age limit for this course. This course is one of the top courses in Indian education.
Benefits of BLIS Admission
A student who enjoys spending time with books should take the B Lib course in India if they enjoy spending time with books. The students who choose to take this course will have a lot of benefits as a result. Students who enjoy spending time with books should take the B Lib course in India. There are lots of advantages to taking this course for Students. One who wants to find employment after completing the course might look for positions at media outlets, public and private libraries, picture and film libraries, universities and other academic institutions, foreign embassies, museums, radio station libraries, etc.
More advantages of the Library course
- After completing the BLIS course, candidates can earn up to INR 2 lakh to INR 6 lakh per year.
- The candidate can apply to both Govt and Private sectors for the job after completing the BLIS course.
- After completing the BLIS course, candidates will be able to sit the civil services examination.
BLIS Admission 2023
Admission to any B Lib course is based on a number of variables. Typically, B Lib admission begins with the application procedure, which requires students to fill out a form with all of their pertinent information. Only students who are eligible for BLis admission will be able to enrol. For this, you must have a Graduation degree with a minimum of 50% in any field.
Depending on the college, school, or University, the selection process for a Bachelor of Library is different. Some colleges use admission tests to choose students, while others use merit scores. The University then distributes a list of selected students based on merit or entrance exam results. Following that, the counseling round takes place, which includes document verifications and other requirements. After paying the cost for the B.LIS Course before or on the deadline set by the University, final admission is granted.
B.Lis Admission Eligibility Criteria
According to what we mentioned in the last section, there is generally an admissions process and application process that the Universities follow in order to admit students to a BLis course. One of the most important aspects of admission that must be considered is the eligibility criteria, which are part of the process of admission, and should also be considered. The eligibility criteria play a significant role in the admissions process, so let us take a closer look at them since they play such a significant role when it comes to admissions.
The eligibility criteria commonly followed by most of the universities for BLis Admission are as follows:
- A Graduation degree from any valued university is required to apply for BLIS Admission.
- Those who have completed Graduation and secured 50% marks (or above) shall be eligible to enrol for BLis.
- Some of the university takes an entrance test and some are based on merit score, students have to qualify for the test with valid scores to be shortlisted for final admission.
Entrance Exams for BLIS Admission 2023
Entrance exams are given in some important universities like Kolkata, Bhopal, and Patna. These exams help the University with their Selection.
- Assam Combined Entrance Examination (CEE)
- Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET)
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
BLIS Admission Fee Structure
It is evident that there will be some variation in the fee structure for BLIS between different locations. Some institutes charge a higher fee than others, and some institutes charge a lower fee than others. All of this depends on the reputation, infrastructure, and facilities provided by the institution on the campus, as well as its reputation. Furthermore, if you were to take a BLIS course in the distance mode, then the cost would be considerably lower than if you took it in the regular mode. According to the findings of the study, the annual fee charged for BLIS ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 1,00,000.
Top Universities in India For BLIS Admission
For Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B Lib), students can have various options among the institutions offering this program having different admission procedures and fee structures. As stated earlier, the eligibility criteria slightly differ across the universities/ colleges.
For the students, the Top BLIS Universities in India have been enlisted below:
|Delhi University||Punjab University|
|Jadhav University||IGNOU University|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Karnataka State Open University|
|Kalinga University||Annamalai University|
IGNOU BLIS Admission
IGNOU Library course is a 1-year course offered by University for distance learning which can be extended to 2 years. This course is designed only for aspirants having a UG degree with passing marks. Students will be provided with study materials to have insights into the curriculum. Admission to BLIS is taken twice in the January and July months. For the entire course, the fee will be Rs 7,900. Forms can be filled by visiting the official website.
Delhi University BLIS Admission
The Department of Library and Information Science (DLIS) at Delhi University offers BLIS courses to eligible students. Students who have graduated from any stream from a recognized university can apply to the programs. For the year 2023, the seat will be allotted based on Common University Entrance Test (CUET).
AMU BLIS Admission
This university offers a full-time BLIS program at the degree level. The eligibility criteria for this course is a graduation degree with not less than 55% marks from any discipline. An entrance test will be conducted for offering admission to BLIS. The fee for this course at Aligarh Muslim University ranges to Rs. 70,000 (approx.)
Kalinga University BLIS Admission
Kalinga University offers a Bachelor of Library Science program at the UG degree level at the fee range of INR 36,000 to 46,000. Admission will be done based on the merit/entrance exam. Students can apply for BLIS admission at this university after passing a Graduation from a recognized university with at least 45-55% marks.
Jammu University BLIS Admission
Jammu University grants admission to BLIS and Information Science program on a merit basis. To be eligible to take admission into the program, a bachelor’s degree must have been completed. At least 50% score must have been secured in the UG degree from a recognized university. The course is completed in 1 year with an approx. a fee of INR 70,000.
BLIS Admission Syllabus
One year B Lib course is divided into 2 semesters. In the first semester, learners are introduced to the library subjects along with the practical and project work. The last semester will have another set of subjects, and also, there will be internships provided to the students. The syllabus will include the following subjects:
|Library Classification Practice||Library & Information Technology: Theory|
|Library Classification (Theory)||Information Sources|
|Knowledge Organization and Information Retrieval (Theory)||Information Processing and Retrieval|
|Foundations of Library & Information Science||Library and Information Technology: Practice|
|Management of Libraries & Information Centers/ Institutions||IT Applications in Libraries (Theory)|
|Library Cataloguing Practice||Information Users, Systems and Services|
|Library Cataloguing (Theory)||–|
|Knowledge Organization Practice||–|
What are the Scope of BLIS Admission?
All different kinds of books are arranged in an orderly fashion at a library. Students can learn how to organize books and other study materials so they can readily access them by enrolling in the BLIS course. In addition, the students develop advanced research and data analysis skills. Professional employment in libraries can be obtained with the aid of the BLIS admittance. Additionally, it has a broad future potential with the following options:
- Go for Higher Studies: After completing the BLIS, one can opt for higher studies by choosing M.Lib, which is a PG-level course. Having this degree can make you eligible to take the next step toward M.Lib.
- A profession as a Librarian: BLIS graduates can join any educational institution as a librarian and maintain the library in a more organized manner. Along with it, they will be responsible for recording the data about the books that the student issue for a specific time interval.
- Varied Employment Areas: With a BLIS degree, one can have many job opportunities available in the future. They can get a job in the government as well as private sectors. The various areas include schools, colleges, research institutes, etc. Therefore, BLIS is a degree full of multiple types of job roles applicable in every field of work.
- Suitable for different Job Roles: Another concern related to the career is job profiles open for the BLIS graduates in the future. Other than the librarian profession, one can choose to employ as Assistant Librarian, Library Assistant, Technical Writer, Assistant Professor, etc.
- Abroad Job Opportunities: After completing a professional degree in the library field, one can have the chance to get employment opportunities abroad. Here, one can join reputed abroad companies according to their job skill and capabilities.