B.Arch Admission 2023-24: Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) is a five-year undergraduate program in architecture. It consists of 10 semesters. Architecture is a science that deals with the design and construction of buildings and other structures, such as a city’s or company’s infrastructure. The BArch program covers all aspects of planning and constructing physical structures, both scientifically and artistically.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam/Merit
- Eligibility: 12th with PCM from recognized board.
- Entrance Exams: CCA, SPA, and MIT are some of the entrance exams.
- Average Fee: INR 20K to 02 lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 02 to 10 lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organization: Architect Hafeez Contractor, C.P. Kukreja Associates, Somaya & Kalappa Consultants, Oscar & Ponni Architects, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Architectural Engineer, Building Constructor, Landscape Architect, Art Director, Interior Designer, and Researcher.
B.Arch Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Entrance test|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 02 to 10 lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 20K to 02 lakhs|
|Eligibility||12th with PCM from a recognized board.|
B.Arch Admission 2023-24
- Bachelor of Architecture or B.Arch can be pursued after completing intermediate. B.Arch is an undergraduate course that is completed in almost 05 years. This course makes students licensed architects. They become able to work in any public or private architectural firm.
It is necessary to have a 10+2 education certificate with mathematics as a key subject. Some well-known national entrance exams, such as NATA, CEED, JEE, and AAT, are used to determine admission to BArch programs.
Drawings that explain the structure, behavior, or any other constructional work are the foundation of BArch courses. Engineering design, on the other hand, has the primary goal of artistically altering materials and forms using mathematical and scientific concepts, but architecture does not. The Bachelor of Architecture degree is discussed in these articles.
- After the B.Arch course, graduates who work to design and prepare models for houses, bridges, buildings, and other construction works. Because of the growing demand for B.Arch, students should expect to have a lot of job openings.
- In this course syllabus, some subjects are Visual Arts & Basic Design, Surveying and Level-ling, Model Making and Workshop, Theory of Construction, etc.
BArch Eligibility Criteria
- Students are eligible only in case they have secured a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 with PCB. It is also required to have a diploma in the same subject from a recognized academy.
- Along with 10+2, it is mandatory to pass an entrance exam that can be one of the national or state-level exams.
- The B. Arch entrance exams are NATA JEE Main and AMUEEE.
- Top B. Arch institutes are IIT Roorkee, Sir JJ CASPA, etc.
B.Arch Admission Syllabus
|Architecture Design||Computer & Software Lab|
|Building Construction||Workshop Practice|
|Theory of Structures||Architectural Appreciation|
|Building Science & Services||Theory of Settlement Planning|
|Building Management||Design Applications|
|History of Architecture||Training|
|Architectural Drawing||Thesis Project|
- The students who are good at drawings and mathematics and have an understanding of the critical design aspects of construction or physical building work should go for the course.
- Students should have a creative mind, intellectual capabilities, and the ability to visualize and explain their design thoughts to others who are best suited for the course.
- Candidates who want to go for the teaching profession and want a practical field of exposure can opt for the course.
What is the Scope of B.Arch Admission?
- Students can continue their studies and pursue higher degree courses in architecture.
- There is a competitive exam known as CEED, which is the qualifying exam for higher study in design. Interested candidates can go for it during the final year itself.
- There is a lot of scope for the candidates after the successful completion of the course as the demand for architectural work never dies.
- Salary Offered: INR 02 to 10 lakhs per annum(LPA) is the average salary for B. Arch graduates. Some architecture companies are Jindal’s, L&T, Oscar and Ponni Architects, DLF, etc.
- Urban Planning Bodies
- Museums & Arts Galleries
- Allora & Elephanta Caves
- Academic Institutes
- Construction Companies
- Self-employment (design/consultancy)
B.Arch Job Types
- Architecture Data Analyst
- Retail Interior Designer
- Architecture Draftsman
- Sales/Business Development Manager
- Architecture Technical Assistant
- Front Office/Receptionist/Admin. Assistant
- Architecture and Interiors Manager
- Projects Assistant Manager
- Staff Consultant