BA Sociology Admission 2023: A Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sociology is an undergraduate degree program of three years. Students learned about sociological theories, research methods, and social institutions. Some of the various topics of the BA Sociology program are social inequality, race and ethnicity, crime and deviance, and globalization.
Students who want to enroll in this course must have a 12th passed with a recognized board. Universities take BA Sociology admission via an Entrance exam and merit score. The admission process is based Online and Offline as per the university.
Students can do the job in the private and public sectors after completing this degree program, with a starting salary of INR 5 LPA.
BA Sociology Admission Highlights
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Arts in Sociology|
|Examination Type||Semester / Year System|
|Eligibility||Pass in 10+2|
|Admission Process||Online/ Offline as per university|
|Average Course Fee||INR 10K to 60K|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 – 8 Lacs|
BA Sociology Admission 2023
- Admission to BA Sociology courses is available in online/offline modes. The entries are through various entrance exams conducted by university and state-level exams. This course deals with multiple aspects of the social world, including the Psychology of men and women, culture, society, etc.
- The course of BA Sociology deals with the study of various situations in the social world. The aspects of the social world include the psychological nature of men & women, social strata barriers, etc.
- The top recruiting areas for such grads are Human Resources, Youth services, Management & Sales, and the communication industry. The job profiles for BA-S graduates are Welfare Rights Advisors, Teachers, Community service officers, Social Researchers, etc.
- Advanced courses after completing the BA in Sociology are MA in sociology and MBA, etc.
Eligibility Criteria For BA Sociology Admission
- The candidates who have passed 10+2 in any stream with English as the main subject are eligible for BA Sociology Admission.
- This program needs 10+2 education for its admission. The candidates must have 50% marks in XII for access to BA Sociology.
- Admissions in BA Sociology are offered every year in various public and private institutes in India.
- The admissions in such institutes are on an entrance exam or merit basis. The top entry test for enrollment in BA Sociology is DUET.
- BA Sociology offers distance education for students who can’t arrive at universities. IGNOU is one of the top institutes for admissions of BA Sociology in distance education mode.
BA Sociology Admission Fee
The average fee structure for the BA Sociology course is INR 10K to 60K.
- Sociology covers topics of Economic Sociology, Sociology of Mass Media, etc.
- They may also have Social Anthropology, Sociology of Indian Society, etc,
- The necessary subjects may have Introducing Sociology, Body, Culture, and Cultural Contestations, etc.
- They may also have Life Skill Education, Social Psychology, etc.
- The employment chances are vast in this field. Students can gain jobs of their preference.
- The students may find jobs in the private or public sectors.
- They also get high pay. Their package is sufficient.
- They may get jobs in the educational sector, the financial sector, the public sector, the healthcare sector, etc.
Types of Cоurѕе
- Full Time: It is a full-time four years course, regularly offered in morning classes.
- Part-Time/Online: This program is offered in online and distance learning modes.
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
- North Maharashtra University MA Entrance Exam
- Patna Women’s College BA / B.Sc Entrance Exam
BA Sociology Admission Syllabus
|Module 1: Introducing Sociology||Module 9: Social Institutions II|
|Module 2: Introducing India||Module 10: Social Theory II|
|Module 3: Classical Sociological Thinkers I||Module 11: Research Method I|
|Module 4: Social Interaction and Social Relationships||Module 12: Social Stratification|
|Module 5: Classical Sociological Thinkers II||Module 13: Research Method II|
|Module 6: Body, Culture, and Cultural Contestations||Module 14: Social Challenges and Movements|
|Module 7: Social Institutions I||Module 15: Change, Development, Globalization|
|Module 8: Social Theory I||Module 16: Dissertation|
College/Institute Offering BA Sociology
|University of Calicut||1127|
|St. Xavier’s College||5500|
|Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University||10000|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||19390|
|Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University||1137|
|St. Francis Degree College for Women||95000|