BA Philosophy Admission 2023: BA Philosophy is a Bachelor of Arts degree in the field of philosophy, the Course duration is of 3 years and it is a UG-level degree program that offers to study fundamental questions about existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.
The program provides students with strong critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills, which help in making a career in a relevant field. Graduates of the program may seek careers in fields such as law, education, politics, and business. BA Philosophy admission eligibility must pass 10+2 in English. Course fees are INR 10,000 to 80,000.
There are many streams where BA Philosophy holders can advance their careers, such as Health Professions, Science, Information Technology, Federal/State/Local government, Law, and other areas. They can also perform their jobs as philosophers, lecturers, or professors.
BA Philosophy is full-time and is available in most of India’s institutes in Distance learning mode. Further, such candidates can get advanced studies in MA Philosophy.
BA Philosophy Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy|
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Eligibility||Minimum 40% in 10+2|
|Course Fee||Rs 10,000 to Rs 80,000 per year|
|Average Salary||INR 4 to INR 8 LPA|
|Job Roles||Archivist, Insurance Underwriter, Researcher, Interviewer, Student Affairs Manager, Lecturer, Content Writer, Administrator, Social Worker, Health Care Professional, Paralegal|
BA Philosophy Admission 2023
BA Philosophy is an undergraduate Philosophy course for 3 years. Various universities and colleges in India offer the course. Based on the entrance exam result and merit list. After 12 classes, candidates can get admission.
Eligibility For BA Philosophy Admission
- 10+2 qualification is a mandatory requirement to be fulfilled by the applicants of BA Philosophy.
- The admission process of BAP is purely based on merit and the marks obtained in the entrance exams.
- The BA Philosophy entrance exams are AAT, GATA, Patna University Entrance Exam, GVSAT, and MUEE.
Fee Structure of BA Philosophy Admission
- The BA Philosophy students pay a fee amount of INR 10,000 to 80,000 for the complete course. The fee is varying in different universities and colleges in India.
The 10+2 qualification is a required prerequisite for BA Philosophy candidates.
AAT, GATA, Patna University Admission Exam, GVSAT, & MUEE are the BA Philosophy entrance examinations.
BA Philosophy Admission in Distance Education
BA Philosophy is a full-time program that is accessible at most Indian universities via distance learning.
The year-wise income that the graduates of BA Philosophy in practical fields can get ranges from INR 4 to INR 8 LPA. However, the salary can be increased with experience.
These candidates’ job profiles are Poet, Mediator, Novelist, Public Relation Journalist, and Non-Fiction Writer.
How is BA Philosophy Course Beneficial?
- The course opens the door to various job opportunities in the Philosophy language and other related jobs.
- They can also find employment in advertising, marketing, public relations agencies, investment banks, law firms, charities, publishing firms, and recruitment agencies.
- Interested candidates can go for the higher degree program in respective subjects like master’s and then research work.
- They can also join schools and colleges as a teacher and lecturer after getting the required degrees.
BA Philosophy Admission Suitability
- Students who are interested in Philosophy are a good suit for the program.
- They should have skills such as well critical and analytical skills, interpretative skills, and listening skills.
- They must be aware of developing an argument and presenting the pros and cons of an idea, and they must have the ability to understand the human mind efficiently.
- They are required to have excellent communication and presentation skills, prioritize work and meet deadlines, adapt, etc.
Top University & Fees For BA Philosophy Admission
|Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University||3 years||25425|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada||3 years||24350|
|Gauhati University||3 years||25400|
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University||3 years||24200|
|Dibrugarh University||3 years||25375|
|Cotton College State University||3 years||25325|
|Central Institute of Technology(CIT)||3 years||25350|
BA Philosophy Admission Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Basic Logical Concepts||The Fundamental Questions of Ethics|
|Traditional Logic||Virtue Ethics: Aristotle|
|Symbolic Logic||Nishkama Karma (Bhagavadgita)|
|Informal Fallacies||Non-Violence (M.K. Gandhi)|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Indian Philosophy||Western Philosophy|
|IInductive Logic||Plato: Knowledge and Opinion|
|Theories of Causation||Leibnitz : Theory of Monads|
|Theories of Reality||Hume: Theory of Causation|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Indian Logic and Epistemology||Vedic System of Values|
|Philosophy of Language, Epistemology, and Metaphysics (Western)||Concept of Man and Humanity|
|Ethics and Philosophy of Religion||Purusharthas|
|Optional Paper||Nature of Svadharma|
|Karma and Rebirth||Varnashrama Dharma|
- Content Writing
- Academic Institutes
- Editing and Publishing Houses
- Philosophical Research Centres
- Publication Houses
- Religious Study Centres
- Novelist, Non-fiction Writer or Poet
- Technical Writer
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Customer Support Associate
- Public Relation Journalist
- Mediator (to settle disputes between unions and corporations)
BA Course Specialization, Eligibility & Fees
|BA Fine Arts||12th||3 years||Rs 27475|
|BA (Visual Communication)||12th||3 years||Rs 27650|
|BA (Hindi)||12th||3 years||Rs 27528|
|BA (Geography)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27628|
|BA (Home Management)||12th||3 years||Rs 27700|
|BA (Economics)||12th||3 years||Rs 27750|
|BA (Hons) (Event Management)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27775|
|BA (Ancient Indian History & Archaeology)||12th||3 years||Rs 27775|
|BA (Home Science)||12th||3 years||Rs 27850|
|BA (English)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27475|
|BA (Public Relations)||12th||3 Years||Rs 27600|