B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission 2023-24: B Tech in Mechanical Engineering is a UG degree-level course. The duration of this course is 04 years. It consists of 08 semesters. The course is the most popular engineering course. Students who have completed their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in PCM are eligible. The Average Salary package offered to students is INR 1.5 to 7 Lakhs.
Mechanical engineering acts as an evergreen engineering branch. Mechanical engineering is one of the most preferred engineering branches. Jobs in the Mechanical engineering branch can easily be available in both the private and public sectors. The public sector is the preferred sector of each mechanical engineering.
Why Choose B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission?
As a mechanical engineer, you can easily be involved in management, marketing, and R & D.
Graduates can get lots of job opportunities after this course. Graduates can work in the health, and manufacturing fields. Mechanical engineering is so popular to get tourist attraction. Overall demand for mechanical engineering will never be old-fashioned.
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission Highlights 2023-24
|Full-Form||B.Tech Mechanical Engineering|
|Duration||The duration is 04 Years.|
|Age||16 to 17 year|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in Science Subjects from a recognized board.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 4 to 10 lakhs|
|Similar Options of Study||BE. Mechanical engineering, Diploma in mechanical engineering|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1.5 to 7 Lakhs|
|Employment Roles||Technician, Sales Engineer, Manager, Process Development, and Technologist|
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission 2023-24
The course gives knowledge on how to operate a certain machine in a perfect way.
- It is one of the oldest engineering disciplines.
- The student should possess basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Through this curse, students become well-aware about
- Admission to all B.Tech programs is going through via the JEE test.
Some of the important features of the program are:
- The course applied the principles of material sciences and physics.
- The duration of the course is 4 years.
- The branch of physics generally involves the usage and production of heat.
- The course is job-oriented. It offers a wide range of job opportunities in various fields.
- This course focuses on the use of mechanical power to design and operate machines.
Eligibility For national students:
- The student must pass matric with 50% marks
- He/she got a minimum of 50% marks in mathematics
- The student should be passed an Online Test (SUAT) followed by the personal interview
For international students
- The student must get a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- He/she studied pre-requisite subjects like physics, maths, and science.
The process of B Tech mechanical engineering admission is based on an entrance-based exam. Some of the entrance exams conducted for admission to this course are:
- JEE Main
Course Fees in India
The fee for B.Tech mechanical engineering is INR 4 to 10 lakhs.
Top 5 Colleges in India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Bombay||INR 48.9K|
|India Institute of Technology||Kharagpur||INR 81.5K|
|BITS Pilani||Goa||INR 3.3L|
|India Institute of Technology||Delhi||INR 82.3K|
|National Institute of Technology||TIRUCHIRAPPALLI||INR 1.44|
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission 2023-24 Syllabus
|Introduction to Information Technology|
|Electronics & Instrumentation|
|Value Education & HR|
|Dynamics of Machinery|
|Mechanics of Solids|
|Electrical Machines & Control|
|Metrology & Instrumentation|
|Theory of Machines|
|Numerical & Statistical Methods|
|Industrial Drafting & Machine Design|
|Heat and Mass Transfer|
|Industrial Engineering & Management|
|Computer-Aided Design (CAD)|
|Internal Combustion Engines|
|Advanced Solid Mechanics|
|Advanced Mechanical Engineering Design|
|Power Plant Engineering|
|Law for Engineers|
|Measurement & Instrumentation|
|Waste Heat Utilization|
|Utilization of Non-Conventional Energy|
|Mechanical Handling Equipment|
|Production & Industrial Management|
Course Preparation Tips For B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission
Some of the important course tips for this course are:
- Students need to make their proper lecture notes
- Take your test daily.
- Never lose hope. Try again and again.
- Use online gadgets to take online lectures on difficult topics.
- Proper intake of diet and regular exercise
- Makes your mind clear from negative assumptions
- Revise the syllabus of the entrance test and exam
- Make your timetable comfortable and easy to deal with.
- Regular attend lectures with no bunk
- Workshops and lab practicals are an important part of this course.
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission Salary Packages in India
The average starting salary package after this course is INR 1.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs.
Various types of jobs opportunities for mechanical engineers are:
- The average salary of a technician in India is INR 245,023
- The average salary of a technician in India is INR 310,627.
- The average salary of a business manager in India is INR 1,198,911.
- The average salary of process development in India is INR 180,000
- The average salary of a technologist in India is INR 762,413.
Types of Course Learning
You can enroll in an engineering course through regular and distance education.
Some characteristics of both learning procedures are given below:
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission Regular classes
- Most universities allow B.Tech. course in regular classes.
- The duration of classes may range from 3 to 6 hours.
- The students make proper notes of each lecture in a notebook or laptop.
- Students need to take regular classes in this course.
- Some proper assignments and quizzes are held in the classroom.
- The department takes an annual examination at the end of the session.
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission Distance Education
- Many universities offer B Tech mechanical engineering admission courses through the distance learning system.
- This learning option is best for jobholders and housewives.
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission Process
Following are the comprehensive criteria to take admission in the course.
a) Direct Admission
Some engineering universities are offering direct admission.
They are focused on certain admission criteria.
They offer admission based on merit.
Some private engineering colleges also have reserved seats for brilliant students.
b) Entrance test exams
Some universities conduct entrance exams at both state and national levels.
Some of the entrance exams conducted for admission to this course are:
- JEE Main
How to apply for B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission
- You can use both online and offline modes to get admission.
- You need to pass entrance test examinations of certain universities.
- After passing the test, you need to download the admission form.
- Submit the form along with personal and educational detail.
- You need to visit the official website to get various information. Some information is regarding the merit list and exams.
Admission to this course is based on entrance tests. These entrance tests are held at national and state levels.
FAQ Regarding B Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission
Q1) What can I do after this mechanical engineering course?
Ans: After this course, you will be able to get lots of job opportunities in both the public and private sectors. In fact, this is the best course to learn and earn.
Q2) What is the average salary of a B.Tech. engineering?
Ans: If you are going to work as a project engineer, then you can easily fetch a high salary. The starting salary range is INR 1.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs.
Q3) What are the three top recruitment companies for mechanical engineering?
Ans: The three top recruiters for mechanical engineers in India are:
- Tata motors
- Maruti Suzuki
- L & T
Q4) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech mechanical engineers?
Ans: The student must pass matric with 50% marks He/she got a minimum of 50% marks in mathematics. The student should be passed an Online Test (SUAT) followed by a personal interview.
Q5) Describe the criteria of the entrance test?
Ans: Some of the entrance exams conducted for admission in this course are:
- JEE Main