B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission 2023-24: B.Tech Computer Engineering is a UG Bachelor’s degree program. The duration of the course is 04 years. It consists of 08 semesters. Students who have completed their 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized board or equivalent are eligible. This course focuses on different aspects of both electrical engineering as well as computer science. The main aim of this course is to develop a better understanding of the software and hardware of the computer. The total fee structure of the course is INR 40,000 to 03 lakhs per year depending upon the university. The average salary offered to students after completing the course is INR 5.86 lakhs per annum.
B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Technology in Computer science Engineering|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum percentage||10+2 with Minimum 50% marks from recognized board.|
|Subject required||Physics, chemistry, mathematics with computer science|
|Average fee incurred||INR 40K to 03 lakhs per year|
|Similar options for study||MCA (Master in computer application) B.E (computer science & and engineering )|
|Average salary offered||In India, the average salary of a B.Tech computer engineer is 5.86 lakhs INR per annum|
|Employment roles||Software Engineer, Consulting Engineer, Programmer, IT support as an associate, Product engineer, Systems engineer, Software developer|
B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission 2023-24
Admission to the B.Tech CSE program is held through the entrance test. The tests are usually conducted on both national as well as state levels. Various institutes offer admission on a merit-based also. The basic admission procedure is:
- Entrance test
The final admission is held after the performance of an entrance test. The students that are qualified in tests are called for the counseling session held by a respective university. After the process, the students get allots seats for the program admission.
- The eligibility of the course is to pass HSC with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Mathematics, English, and Chemistry with a minimum of 55% marks.
- The total duration of the course is four years which is divided into eight semesters.
- The average tuition fee for the course range from INR 40000 to INR 3,00,000 per year.
- The average entry salary after B.Tech computer engineering is 5.86 INR per annum.
Why Choose B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission?
B. Tech computer engineering is a course that helps to train professionals in knowing computer hardware and software. The course is best for those students who want to learn about important aspects of basic and advanced computer languages. It also offers the best opportunity for students to learn about the physical parts of the computer as well as its workings.
B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission Application Form Process 2023-24
- You can apply to your required university website admission portal along with basic details.
- After submission, the system generates a specific ID and password for you.
- You need to qualify for the entrance test of the university you want to take admission
- After passing the entrance test, the successful candidate will further call for a personal interview
- Deposit fee
- Enrollment of candidates requires a university or college.
Entrance Exams of B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission
The top entrance test that candidates can appear to take admission in BTech CSE are:
- The BITSAT is a short form of the BITS Admission Test.
- The test is the online-based entrance to get admission in B.Tech programs in BITS Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa campuses
- KCET is the state-level examination.
- The exam is well-managed as well as conducted by the “Karnataka Examination authority”.
- KCET is an offline test that is held to get admission to the B.Tech course.
- JEE is an abbreviation of the “Joint entrance exam main”.
- It is the gateway to getting admission to various BE and B.Tech programs offer by different institutions.
- It is known as the national-level UG engineering entrance exam.
- JEE advance is an advanced academic exam held in India on an annual basis.
- The exam is conducted by 7-zonal IITs under the supervision of JAB.
Salary Packages in India
The entry salary of CSE B.Tech will change from one candidate to another. It depends on the skill, experience, and knowledge of students. The average salary offered by the companies to B.tech graduates is 5.86 INR per annum.
Types of Course Learning
These are the basic and compulsory subjects that student needs to study in B.Tech Computer engineering. There are different electives that you choose.
full-time in B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission
- This program is suitable for those students who want to take regular classes in a CSE course.
- It is the best type of course because students learn a lot in this course.
Evening Shift in B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission
- If Students doing the job and want to study Computer engineering, then this type is the best option.
- Different universities arrange self-support and evening classes that are held on the 2nd shift.
Distance Education in B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission
- Tech in computer engineering is also done via distance education in different universities from different institutions, as per government guidelines.
- This is the best opportunity for those students who live far away from the university and are unable to pay hostel dues.
Top College in India for B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission
|College name||Location||Average fees in INR (annual) for B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission|
|Indira College of Engineering and Management||Pune||INR 1,42,000|
|University of Chandigarh||Chandigarh||INR 1,58,000|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology||Pune||INR 3,50,000|
|Indian Institute of Science||Bangalore||INR 26,600|
|Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s College of Engineering||Pune||INR 1,50,000|
|Thapar University||Patiala||INR 1,21,000|
|Madras University of Technology||Chennai||INR 90,440|
|Datta Meghe College of Engineering||Navi Mumbai||INR 1,85,000|
|RajarshiShahu College of Engineering||Pune||INR 2,12,000|
B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission Syllabus 2023-24
|First Year||Second Year|
|Applied Physics 1||Basic Electronics Engineering Laboratory|
|Applied Physics 2||Operating Systems (Unix Programming)|
|Applied Physics Laboratory 1||Formal Languages and Automata Theory|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||Materials Science|
|Basic Engineering Mechanics||Design and Analysis of Algorithms|
|Business Communication and Presentation Skills||Energy Studies|
|Chemistry 1||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|Chemistry Laboratory 1||Digital Systems|
|Computer Programming||Computer Organisation and Design|
|Differential Equations||Basic Electronics Engineering|
|Economics for Engineers||Chemistry 2|
|Elementary Mathematics for Engineers||Basic Simulation Laboratory|
|Engineering Graphics||Complex Algebra|
|Engineering Workshop||Elementary Biology|
|Environmental Studies||Discrete Mathematics|
|Law for Engineers||Multivariate Analysis, Linear Algebra, and Special Functions|
|Sociology and Elements of Indian History for Engineers|
|Value Education, Human Rights, and Legislative Procedures|
|Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Simulation and Modelling||Pattern Recognition|
|Software Engineering||Project Work 2 and Dissertation|
|Optimizations and Calculus of Variations||Elective Course 9|
|Object-Oriented Analysis and Design||Elective Course 4|
|Internet Web Programming||Mobile Computing|
|Graph Theory||Elective Course 6|
|Fuzzy Mathematics||Elective Course 5|
|Embedded Computing Systems||Project Work 1|
|Elective Course 1||Elective Course 8|
|Elective Course 2||Elective Course 7|
|Elective Course 3|
|Computer Graphics and Visualisation|
|Advanced Biology 1|
FAQs Regarding B.Tech Computer Engineering Admission
What is the main difference between computer engineering and computer science?
Computer engineering is a combination of technology & innovation. While on the other hand, the CSE UG program is about the more extensive knowledge of the specific field.
Which course is perfect for Computer engineering students?
Some important courses for CSE students are:
- Machine learning
- Web development
- System architect
- Mobile application development
- Data Engineering
- Software engineering
Is B.Tech Computer engineering tough?
CSE may be extremely tough or easy depending on the way someone studies. It gives you the best time to increase your knowledge.
What subjects are offered by this course?
The following subjects are in computer science and technology with common subjects:
- Data structures
- Operating systems
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- Digital Electronics
- Database management systems
- Object-oriented programming by using Java/Python, and C++
- Computer system architecture
- Discrete mathematical structures
- Computer graphics
- Software engineering
- Compiler design
- Theory of computation
- computer network
- artificial intelligence
- System software