BTech Automobile Engineering Admission 2023-24: BTech Automobile Engineering is a 04 years UG diploma-degree course. It is divided into 08 semesters, two per year. Students who have completed their 10+2 with a min of 50% marks in PCM from a recognized university or equivalent are eligible. Electrical, software and mechanical engineering are all combined in the field of BTech automobile engineering. The ideal option for people who wish to work with vehicle manufacturers is this course. All applicants can now apply for admission to this field of study at universities.
BTech Automobile Engineering will study how to create or construct various electrical systems, fuel demands, and other elements that are pertinent to the automobile system. Students that earn this degree will be able to construct substantial vehicle systems.
BTech Automobile Engineering Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Automobile Engineering|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized university|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Maths, and Chemistry|
|Average Fee Incurred||INR 60K to 2 Lakhs|
|Similar Options of Study||B.E|
|Average Salary Offered||Average INR 250,000 & 600,000 per annum|
|Employment Roles||Researchers, Scientists, Greenhouse Managers, Production Managers, Design Engineers, Surveyors|
BTech Automobile Engineering Admission 2023-24
University opens admission for this degree program in winter ad summer. Those candidates who have applied for registration will only go by the further procedure. All the entry info will be available on the university website.
The scope of this course is very vast in India and abroad as well. There are a plethora of job opportunities for these engineers. They can get jobs in national and international companies, depending on their interests and skills.
BTech Automobile Engineering is an undergraduate-level engineering course that trains students on a range of topics like designing, manufacturing, and maintenance of automobiles. It also deals with various topics like transportation, fuels, energy, environmental concerns, and vehicles’ future development. Many universities and colleges offer admission for the BTech Automobile Engineering course.
This course has become the most demanding course at present. The automobile industry is contributing to increasing GDP by 7%. The students must select this course for a shining future, and BTech Automobile engineers get job opportunities in software solutions, automobile industries, and vehicle technologies.
The following are some facts about the BTech Automobile Engineering course:
- Students who have a science background can apply to this program.
- BTech Automobile Engineering is a four years course divided into eight semesters. Students learn different things each semester.
- The BTech Automobile Engineering course deals with the study of engines and their construction, fuel system, electrical system, and vehicle quality.
- The applicants must have interests in machines, maths, and electronics.
- These engineers are placed in the automobile industry. They have also been assigned the duties of designing vehicles.
- There are more than 4300 institutes in India that offer this course. Admission is based on the entrance exam results at the state or national level.
- Some students can get direct admission by the management quota.
- There are great opportunities for new graduates in this field. But some industries prefer candidates having experience.
- Many top automobile companies (TATA Motors, Ford, Honda, Bajaj, and Maruti Suzuki) offer jobs to these graduates.
Eligibility For BTech Automobile Engineering Admission
- The eligibility criteria are different for each institute.
- The students must take an entrance exam.
- They have an HSC degree in physics, maths, and chemistry.
- The least required marks are 50% in the last degree.
Fee Structure Of BTech Automobile Engineering Admission
The course fee is different for each institute. Universities set their fee structures, including securities and tuition fees. The students need to check the desired university for knowing the exact fee. But the average course fee is between INR 60,000 to 2 Lakhs per annum.
BTech Automobile Engineering Admission Process 2023-24
Many institutes offer this course. BTech Automobile Engineering Admission is made based on marks in the entrance exam, qualifying degree, and interview. Many institutes conduct their entrance exams, and some of them offer direct admissions. The following are the different modes of entry:
Direct Admission In BTech Automobile Engineering Admission in BTech Automobile Engineering Admission
- Some universities provide direct access based on management quota and merit.
- For the management quota, the fee structure is usually higher than the others.
- For merit, the selection is based on the marks in the qualifying degree.
Direct Admission For Diploma Holder Students in BTech Automobile Engineering Admission
- Those students who have three years of diplomas after the 10th class can also take direct admission.
- They must have done a diploma in the relevant stream with at least 50% marks.
BTech Automobile Engineering Entrance Exams
- JEE Main: Its full form is Joint Entrance Exam-Main. The NTAI conducts it for engineering programs. Its validation is two years, and the exam is held in May every year.
- JEE Advanced: Its full form is Joint Entrance Exam-Advanced. This exam is done in May under JAB.
- BITSAT: It is a national-level test. Usually, this exam is conducted between 16 to 27 May.
- SRMJEEE: its full form is the “SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam”. Its mode is online, and it is done between 15 to 25 April every year.
- COMEDK UGET: Its full form is “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka UG Entrance Test.”. It is an online entrance test. More than seventy thousand students appear in this exam every year. Students can take this exam between 16 January to 21 April.
Top 5 College For BTech Automobile Engineering Admission In India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 81k|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 90K|
|The Neotia College||Kolkata||INR 75K|
|SMR Engineering College||Tamil Nadu||INR 48K|
BTech Automobile Engineering Admission Syllabus
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Technical English – I||Technical English – II|
|Mathematics – I||Mathematics – II|
|Fundamentals of Computing and Programming||Engineering Mechanics|
|Engineering Physics – I||Engineering Physics – II|
|Engineering Graphics||Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Engineering Chemistry – I||Engineering Chemistry – II|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Transforms And Partial Differential Equations||Statistics And Numerical Methods|
|Production Technology||Automotive Chassis|
|Mechanics of Machines||Electronics and Microprocessors|
|Fluid Mechanics and Machinery||Engineering Materials and Metallurgy|
|Engineering Thermodynamics||Applied Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer|
|Automotive Engines||Strength of Materials|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Vehicle Design and Data Characteristics||Finite Element Analysis|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||Principles of Management|
|Design of Machine Elements||Automotive Engine Components Design|
|Automotive Transmission||Automotive Chassis Components Design|
|Automotive Fuels and Lubricants||Composite Materials|
|Automotive Electrical and Electronics||Two and Three Wheelers|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Vehicle Maintenance||Automotive Safety|
|Vehicle Dynamics||Marketing Management|
|Robotics||Vehicle Body Engineering|
|Engine and Vehicle Management System||–|
|Automotive Pollution and Control||–|
BTech Automobile Engineering Admission Preparation Tips
- The applicant must follow the entrance exam.
- They must have an excellent knowledge of paper patterns.
- Must know the syllabus.
- The time for the test is rigorous. So the students should follow a timetable.
- Take some coaching classes.
- Try to take a mock test.
- Try to score good marks. The highest score is a guarantee for admission.
BTech Automobile Engineering Admission Salary Packages
After obtaining a bachelor’s degree, the students select different fields for jobs. The salary package is different for each profession, e.g.:
These engineers deal with the testing and designing of the systems and components of the vehicles. The average salary for this job is between 20K-3.6 lakh per month.
This job includes the machine rates, equipment specification, line rates, safety procedures, layout, and design of the vehicles. The average salary for this profession is between 14 K-2.5 Lakh per month.
This job consists of the duties of creating, designing, and testing new automobiles. The average salary is between 16k-4L per month.
(FAQ) Regarding BTech Automobile Engineering Admission
Q. Where can I get a job after completing this course?
Ans: You can get a job in the automobile industry.
Q. What is the duration of this program? Can I opt-in to distance learning mode?
Ans: The length of this program is four years. It is a regular program, and you cannot take it in distance mode.
Q. What is the average fee for this course?
Ans: The average fee is between INR 60,000 to 5 Lacs per annum.