BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission 2023-24: BTech Agricultural Engineering is a UG degree course. The duration of the course is 04 years. It is divided into 08 semesters, two per year. Students must complete their 10+2 with a min of 50% marks in PCM from a recognized university or equivalent eligible.
Designing machines, structures, and equipment involves using engineering technology with biological science expertise. Students in this curriculum are also taught how to produce and process food. This course program is offered at several universities.
BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission Highlights
|Course Name||BTech Agricultural Engineering|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture Engineering|
|Age||No specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized university.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Maths, Biology, and Chemistry|
|Average Fee Incurred||INR 50K to 1.5 Lacs|
|Similar Options of Study||B.E|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1.5 – 2.5 Lacs per annum|
|Employment Roles||Researchers, Scientists, Greenhouse Managers, Production Managers, Design Engineers, Surveyors|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission 2023-24
B-Tech Agricultural Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate program divided into eight semesters. Students who have successfully cleared 10+2 with a mark of 50 percent in the science stream are eligible for applications to B-Tech Food Engineering Schools.
- Like many UG courses, BTech Agricultural Engineering is also a four years regular program.
- There are eight semesters in it. Every semester, students have to study different subjects, including lab and practical sessions.
- Many workshops, study tours, and seminars are arranged for these students every year.
- Agriculture covers a significant portion of the Indian Economy. So, the career in this stream is shining and bright.
- Those who have a bachelor’s degree in this stream can help improve the food production system.
- This degree helps in generating new machinery for reducing human efforts and producing high-quality products.
- They can get jobs in various govt and private sectors.
- Many universities in India offer this program. Thousands of students get degrees in this stream every year.
Eligibility Criteria for BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission
- The students must have passed the HSC board exam from any recognized board of education in India.
- Both PMC and PCB students are eligible to apply.
- Marks Criteria are different for each institute.
- This admission is offered on a merit basis as well as an entrance based.
- The B-Tech course is admitted based on common entrance exams for engineering. The nationally accepted JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams commence registration in different phases from May to July 2022.
- Usually, students who have scored 45-60% marks in HSC can apply to this program.
- State-level entrance exams are required for this course.
BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission Fee
Different state and private universities offer this BTech Agricultural Engineering Admіѕѕіоn every year. All institutes have different fee structures. The average fee for this course is between INR 50K to 1.5 Lacs per year.
Types of Courses
Full-Time BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission
- BTech Agricultural Engineering is a full-time regular course.
- The duration of this course is four years, further divided into eight semesters.
- In each semester, the students have to do research in the labs.
- For this course, the students have to attend regular classes. 80% attendance is mandatory.
Part-Time/Online BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission
- This course is not available in part-time or online modes.
- This subject needs proper guidance from teachers in studies and lab research.
B Tech Agricultural Engineering Admission Application Process 2023-24
- The students should qualify for the entrance exam with a valid score.
- Most of the institutes offer both online and offline modes of form submission.
- After receiving the form, the students will receive an email or call for counseling.
- After this, the university will make the merit list and select the students.
Why Choose B Tech Agricultural Engineering Admission?
After the HSC exam, it becomes difficult for the students to choose which course is suitable for them. There are many branches of engineering available in education industries, and BTech Agricultural Engineering is one of them. It is a traditional branch that has a vast scope in India.
After getting a bachelor’s degree, the students can get jobs in Agriculture Research Centers, Agriculture Business Firms, Agriculture Development Firms, Food Processing Sectors, and Govt Sectors. These students can also pursue their future in the teaching sector.
Entrance Exams of BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission
The following entrance exams are available for the B Tech Agricultural Engineering Admіѕѕіоn:
- ICAR AIEEA: “Indian Council of Agriculture Research All Inia Entrance Exam”. Usually, this entrance exam is held in January every year.
- OUAT CET: “Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology Common Entrance Test”. Students can apply for this entrance exam in the month of April every year.
- EAMCET: “Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test”. The forms for this program are available in May every year.
Top 5 Colleges For B Tech Agricultural Engineering Admission In India
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth||Rahuri||INR 81k|
|Rama University||Kanpur||INR 90K|
|Indira Gandhi Agricultural University||Raipur||INR 95K|
|College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology||Bhubaneswar||INR 48K|
|Gautam Buddh Technical University||Lucknow||INR 75K|
BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission Syllabus 2023-24
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Engineering Chemistry 1||Engineering Mechanics|
|Engineering Drawing||Mathematics 2|
|Engineering Mechanics||Physical Chemistry|
|Mathematics 1||Science of Soils|
|Basic Agricultural Engineering||Engineering Physics 2|
|Engineering Physics 1||Horticulture and Field Crops|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Agricultural Process in Industries||Farm Machinery|
|Surveying and Labelling Methods||Soil Mechanics|
|Statistical Methods||Unit Operations in Food Technology|
|Open Elective||Open Elective|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigerating||Operation Research|
|Tools and Control of Machines||Bio-Agricultural|
|Open Elective||Crop Processing Engineering|
|Environmental Studies||Tractors and Power Units|
|Seventh Semester||Eighth Semester|
|Open Elective II||Open Elective IV|
|Project||Agricultural processing Technology|
|Open Elective III||Open Elective V|
BTech Agriculture engineers get jobs in different sectors. The salary package is different for each job e.g.
- Research Scientists: BTech Agricultural Engineering degree holders also work as research scientists in the Agri sector. Their monthly salary is between 14000 to 2.8 Lacs.
- Agriculture Engineer: These engineers receive between 14K-2.8 Lacs pay. They work for increasing profits and food production.
- Lecturer/Professor: In this field, the graduates work in the education sector and teach the same subjects to the students. They receive a 17k -2 Lacs salary per month.
- Greenhouse Manager: In this field, they work for the erection of the greenhouse. They receive min 20K and Max 2.5 Lacs salary.
- Surveyor: This position requires the duties of a farm survey for food production. Their salary is between 14k- 2.4 Lacs.
- Irrigation Engineer: This post requests the duties of building dams and irrigation systems. They get monthly 12k to 2.5 Lacs pay.
FAQ’s Regarding BTech Agricultural Engineering Admission
What are the basic eligibility criteria for the BTech Agricultural Engineering program?
The students must have done HSC with PCB/PCM with at least 50% marks.
I am doing a job in the private sector. Can I apply to BTech Agricultural Engineering part-time program?
No, BTech Agricultural Engineering is not a part-time program. You have to attend regular classes for it.
Does the entrance exam is compulsory for BTech Agricultural Engineering?
Yes, the applicants have to appear for an entrance exam.