BSc Geography Admission 2023-24: BSc in Geography is a 3-year UG degree program. It consists of 06 Semester that deals with physical geography. Practical work is essential in this course. Students with 10+2 from any recognized board can pursue this. Many universities and colleges offer admission to BSc Geography courses. Many challenges & changes occur in the climate. BSc Geography course focuses on the study of Climate, soil, atmosphere, and Oceans. The course aims to produce professionals in the geography field.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Geography
- Selection Process: Merit/Entrance Exam
- Universities: Amity University, Hindu College, Jaipur National University, NIMS University
- BSc Geography Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% marks from the recognized board.
- Average Fee: INR 50,000 to 2 lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 02 Lakh to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Areas: Local Government, Universities, Private Companies, the Armed Forces, Environmental Protection Agencies, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Urban Planner, GIS Specialist, Cartographer, Environmental Management, Climatologist, Demographer, etc.
BSc Geography is a science-based course that describes the physical phenomena of the earth. It also deals with the impact on human nature. Physical units include glaciers and environmental change. Human units include social geography.
Overview of the BSc Geography Course
|Course Name||BSc Geography|
|Admission Process||Direct admission or counseling|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 02 Lac to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA)|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000 to 2 lakhs|
|BSc geography Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
BSc Geography Admission 2023-24
This bachelor’s level program covers physical and human geography. This program is open to students who have passed the 10+2 with 50% marks or more. In a changing world, the climate presents many challenges. BSc Geography is a UG program offered over three years. It aims at producing geographical professionals. Geography is the discipline that studies the soil and its lands and their highlights, and inhabitants.
BSc Geography focuses on India’s Geography, Physical Geography, Maps, Scales, Climate Data representation, Human Geography, etc. Admission to BSc Geography is advertised every year at various colleges in India. The most recommended colleges for this BSc specialized course are JMI New Delhi and JSS Mysore.
BSc Geography Admission Eligibility Criteria
- BSc Geography students must complete 10+2 education.
- Admissions to this BSc are merit/entry exam-based.
- BHU-UET is one of the popular entrance exams for this BSc specialized course.
- This BSc program is also offered in distance education.
BSc Geography Admission Fee Structure
The average fee charged for BSc Geology is between INR 50,000 to 2 lakhs.
BSc Geography Admission on Merit-Based
The entry/merit examination of this BSc’s admission is based.
Entrance Exam for Bsc Geography Admission
For this specialized training course, BHU-UET is one of the popular entrance exams.
Distance Learning Education of Bsc Geography Admission
BSc geography is also offered in distance learning mode.
The salary offered to a geologist is ranging from INR 02 Lac to 05 Lakhs per annum(LPA). Educational Institutes, Environmental Companies, Metro-logical Stations, and other public/private sectors are recruiting areas for these professionals. Job profiles for professionals of geology are Urban Planned, Geologist, Researcher, Teacher, etc.
Career Scope of BSc Geography Course
There is a lot of demand for geographical experts as the world is growing and developing. That’s why employment opportunities expect to increase highly. Some fields are mentioned below:
- Cartographer: He creates maps to communicate. It occurs by mixing science and technique.
- Climatologist: He predicts weather change. He joins patterns to analyze climate.
- Researcher: This degree enables you to get the job of an analyzer. This program allows you to evaluate data. It also improves your creativity. These are the skills an employer is looking.
- Demographer: This job studies the human population. It deals with the statistics of human beings.
- National park service ranger: You have to take care of areas under the park. It also improves animal analysis.
- Teacher: Graduates can start their careers as geology teachers. This profession assists you in explore many phases.
- Academic institutes
- Urban planning bodies
- Cartography centers
- Content Writing
- Environment Agencies
- Zoos and National Parks
BSc Geography Admission Top University & Fees
|Rajendra Agricultural University||3 years||26325|
|Rajendra Agricultural University||26325|
BSc Geography Admission Course Syllabus 2023-24
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Cartographic Techniques (Practical)||Thematic Cartography (Practical)|
|Maps and scales (Practical)||Representation of Physical Features (Practical)|
|Geography of India I||Physical Geography I|
|Geomorphology||Human Geography I|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Representation of Climate Data (Practical)||Maps projections (Practical)|
|Physical Geography II||Human Geography II|
|Geography of India II||Field Work and Research Methodology (Practical)|
|Statistical Methods in Geography (Practical)||Economic Geography|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Distribution Maps and Diagrams (Practical)||Prologue to Remote Sensing and Field Survey Report (Practical)|
|Regional Planning and Development||Introduction to Remote Sensing, Hours GIS, and Quantitative Methods|
|Remote Sensing and GIS (Practical)||Evolution of Geographical Thoughts|
|—-||Disaster Management (Project)|