BSc Chemistry Admission 2023-24: BSc Chemistry is a 03 years undergraduate course in the Science stream. It consists of 6 semesters. BSc course taught students to the different aspects of chemistry and atomic structures. This is a very popular course and it has many scopes in chemical industries, agricultural research services, and biotechnology firms.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Selection Process: Merit/Entrance Exam
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50-55% Chemistry as the main subject.
- Average Fee: INR 30,000-2 Lakhs
- Salary Offered: INR 2 Lakhs-5 Lakhs(LPA)
- Top Recruiting Organizations: Vinati Organics, Fineotex Chemical, Oriental Carbon and Chemicals, Camlin Fine Sciences, Tata Chemicals, etc.
- Top Job Profiles: Chemist, Junior Research Associate, Lab Assistant, Analytical Chemist.
The BSc Chemistry program is a Highly, well-developed topic, and entry is usually through an entrance exam. Chemistry is a scientific discipline. It is more interested in the behavior, content, structure, and qualities of matter, as well as the changes that occur during chemical processes. The study of matter and its interaction with the environment is the focus of this course.
BSc Chemistry Admission Highlights
|Course Name||B Sc Chemistry Admission|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000-2 Lakhs|
|Salary Offered||INR 2 Lakhs-5 Lakhs(LPA)|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized educational board with 50-55% Chemistry as the main subject|
|Examination Type||Yearly/ Semester system|
B Sc Chemistry Admission 2023-24
- Chemistry is a distinct branch of science field and a very well-known subject among students, and chemistry is divided into organic and inorganic chemistry. The course prepares students for both branches. The first one is Organic Chemistry. It is concerned with chemical blends that are present in nature. The other is inorganic chemistry. It deals with the artificial blend of mixtures to make a product. Graduates will learn all theories related to chemistry.
- The B Sc Chemistry admission process in most of the institutes is based on entry tests. However, some private institutes also conduct their entry test privately. Their assessment criteria are different. Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, language, and any other subject at 10+2 level is the basic requirement. Only 50% is required for qualifying. In some institutes, percentage criteria increase to 60% and more.
- Direct Admission- some institutes don’t take the entry test. Direct Admission for Diploma holders- Various engineering colleges also offers direct admission. It is for the diploma holders after the second year of the course.
- Admission to the BSc Chemistry program is advertised annually. The top-ranked colleges for this program are Vidyasagar University and CSKAV Palampur.
B Sc Chemistry Admission Eligibility Criteria & Entrance Exams
- Students must have completed 10+2 with Chemistry as one of the main subjects to be considered for the course.
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics/Biotechnology, language, and any other subject at 10+2 level.
- Admissions of BSc Chemistry are merit/entrance exam-based.
- NPAT, BHU UET, and PU CET are entry tests before admission to this BSc course.
B Sc Chemistry Admission Fee
The average fee for the BSc Chemistry course is INR 30,000-2 Lakhs.
Salary Offered After B Sc Chemistry Admission
Employment areas for BSc Chemistry are Hospitals, Pharma companies, colleges, universities, private clinics, pharmacist shops, research centres, perfume industry, military hospitals, cosmetics, etc. The average annual income generated by a chemist is approx INR 2 Lakhs-5 Lakhs(LPA). Other job profiles for such graduates are chemist, professor, synthetic chemist, scientific officer, teacher, patent associate, cytologist, technical writer, etc.
IGNOU B Sc Chemistry Admission 2023
BSc Chemistry is a three-year undergraduate degree program. IGNOU is providing admission to this programme through its distance learning programme. It just demands 12th standard qualification with science from any recognized board like CBSE, ICSE, and any state board. It has a minimum three-year duration and in case of any difficulty, students have a maximum of 06 years of duration. The total fee for the program is Rs.10,500 which is to be paid at Rs.3,500 per annum. For registration, you have to pay Rs.300 as a registration fee.
B Sc Chemistry Syllabus 2023-24
|Atomic Structure||General Principles of Metallurgy|
|Periodicity of Elements||Bioinorganic Chemistry|
|Catalysis by Organometallic Compounds||Stereochemistry|
|Chemistry of Aliphatic and Aromatic Hydrocarbons||Chemistry of Halogenated Hydrocarbons|
|Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives||Nucleic Acids, Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins, Carbohydrates, Dyes, and Polymers|
|Chemical Thermodynamic||electrical and Magnetic Properties of Atoms and Molecules|
|Solutions and Colligative Properties||Ionic and Phase Equilibria|
B Sc Chemistry Admission University Fees
|Rajendra Agricultural University||3 years||26325|
|Rajendra Agricultural University||26325|
B Sc Chemistry Admission Course Description
- There is a wide range of subjects in BSc Chemistry.
- It comprises 3 subjects in each semester. Students are provided with deep knowledge of mainly three branches of chemistry. These are as follows: Physical, Inorganic, and Organic Chemistry.
- It covers a wide range of chemistry topics, including chemical processes and the chemical structure of materials. Organic, physical, and inorganic chemistry are all included in the BSc Chemistry curriculum.
B Sc Chemistry Admission Career Prospects
The job profile of a chemist can be classified into the following areas:
- Teaching: It is the best mean of earning. Also, sharing knowledge gives more chances to explore. It is among the most tricky subject to teach and understand. That’s why the demand for chemistry teachers is high.
- Content Developer: It involves the creation, evolution, and editing of content. The course knowledge helps a lot.
- Scientific Data Entry Specialist: This job deals with the entry of scientific data.
- Synthetic Chemist: In this job the chemists recreate molecules. Also, make different pharmaceutical drugs.
FAQs Regarding B Sc Chemistry Admission
Educational Sector, Pharma Companies, Hospitals, Pharmacist Shops, etc.
BSc Chemistry graduates can find a large number of job chances in research areas. After the end of the degree, aspirants can apply for M.Sc Chemistry.
How do I know if the BSc chemistry is for me?
- If you have good problem-solving skills.
- If you want to become a teacher, this course is perfect for you.
- If you have the creative skills to explore new paths, confidence in oral interaction. As well as, in the presentation, then make your dreams come true.